Options

Weekend Events vs TOP CLUBS

AntwoinneAntwoinne Registered Users 24 Posts
This is less of a complaint and more just exasperation, but it never fails that we're placed in competition with people who put up 10+ million points in a single day, let alone wherever they end up on the weekend. I know all the ways that it's possible, but facing these clubs seems ridiculous when our club hasn't eclipsed 7 million points for a weekend.

We've tried new clubs throughout the weekend (but each has a different top club that's already established in the millions), deliberately not placing above 11th place all week to avoid tougher groupings, winning only on Thursday to get streak protection, Winning 3 of the 4 accolades during the week, etc.

Nothing seems to matter.

We have dedicated players, and routinely finish top 3 on the weekends, but I just don't see a path to winning prime players at this point, and only getting my team increased by whatever luck I may have with #1 picks and fan rewards seems like a losing strategy.

Any thoughts or advice welcome!

Comments

• Options
    woohdog57woohdog57 Registered Users 45 Posts
    Everybody stop playing this garbage game so the Robots and the other ***** clubs can keep winning every event for no reason.
  • Options
    detroithrslugdetroithrslug Registered Users 93 Posts
    woohdog57 wrote: »
    Everybody stop playing this garbage game so the Robots and the other ***** clubs can keep winning every event for no reason.

someone sounds bitter...since u cant win just give up and quit playing..thats the answer lol
  • Options
    OnDeckOnDeck Registered Users 54 Posts
    My Son is having to work overtime today with his club the Robots - a new team is trying to push them, but we will not topple!
  • Options
    ThbeabThbeab Registered Users 14 Posts
    I've noticed the same things with club play and with the people who are at the top of the leaderboards over and over. This game doesn't make it very fair or fun to play if you aren't on an alliance of one of the top clubs. The top clubs' wins beget more wins because they get all the best players. Not a complaint, but I can play the game the same number of hours and play well, but as the poster alluded to, it does seem the game is set up to reward the top tiers and top players without much path for "regular" players to just enjoy playing the game. I'm not looking to be the best or the top winner, I just want a good team that is fun to play with. And a chance to actually play and win.
  • Options
    someone sounds bitter...since u cant win just give up and quit playing..thats the answer lol

haha, and that's what I was trying to avoid with my initial post! I'm not bitter, just want to be competitive
  • Options
    OnDeck wrote: »
    My Son is having to work overtime today with his club the Robots - a new team is trying to push them, but we will not topple!

Yeah I'm watching that battle happen as we speak. Should be fun to see how high those numbers go
  • Options
    detroithrslugdetroithrslug Registered Users 93 Posts
    lol i hear u. I didnt mean u were bitter i meant woohdog
  • Options
    qbaf1212qbaf1212 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Crazy to see some teams at over 50M already, which pretty much makes getting prime players impossible....but hey it is what it is.
  • Options
    qbaf1212 wrote: »
    Crazy to see some teams at over 50M already, which pretty much makes getting prime players impossible....but hey it is what it is.

Yeah, we can typically always rank top 5 in each event all week long (even if we choose not to for grouping purposes) But on the weekend's you can forget about it! It's getting old lol
  • Options
    MrFitPhillyMrFitPhilly Registered Users 49 Posts
    Antwoinne wrote: »
    Yeah, we can typically always rank top 5 in each event all week long (even if we choose not to for grouping purposes) But on the weekend's you can forget about it! It's getting old lol

^This. I'll play out the rest of the year just for fun, but this game is clearly broken.
  • Options
    ladyphillieladyphillie Registered Users 159 Posts
    Its gonna go high. Robots is the evil empire and we are gonna beat em
  • Options
    We are gonna beat Robots.
  • Options
    B3ASTMOD31B3ASTMOD31 Registered Users 72 Posts
    Antwoinne wrote: »
    This is less of a complaint and more just exasperation, but it never fails that we're placed in competition with people who put up 10+ million points in a single day, let alone wherever they end up on the weekend. I know all the ways that it's possible, but facing these clubs seems ridiculous when our club hasn't eclipsed 7 million points for a weekend.

We've tried new clubs throughout the weekend (but each has a different top club that's already established in the millions), deliberately not placing above 11th place all week to avoid tougher groupings, winning only on Thursday to get streak protection, Winning 3 of the 4 accolades during the week, etc.

Nothing seems to matter.

We have dedicated players, and routinely finish top 3 on the weekends, but I just don't see a path to winning prime players at this point, and only getting my team increased by whatever luck I may have with #1 picks and fan rewards seems like a losing strategy.

Any thoughts or advice welcome!

Everyone started at the bottom, ur whole just has to get better as a whole, jump from club to club learning new things and just getting advice on getting better, strategy on weekend event is u have to jump on a bracket as soon as it opens and hope u can score enough pts to keep 1st.
  • Options
    THEONE_77THEONE_77 Registered Users 4 Posts

IS not about being bitter, I win prime players almost every week, I don´t even need them anymore, but I agree with the original post, the game is not build so every club regardless of their level has a real chance to win weekend events.

And by the way, it is pretty obvious that Robots and the some teams in it are cheating, you can denied it or argue, that doesn´t change that fact that they are cheating, GLU knows it, and they will hopefully fix it in the next update.

This clubs can have in a normal week 20,000 batting boost, something that we all know is unreal, because of the amount of gold that will take to buy that.

I´m having a great time playing this game and I happen to do good, but I can´t argue with the original post.
  • Options
    CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    The way the game is now it doesn't matter how good you are or how much you play if you play legit you will have to spend a lot of money to succeed at this game
  • Options
    Yup. Its expensive. But not as expensive as you'd think if you use the right strategies. I routinely get to 35 win streaks without using boosts at all...sometimes more.
  • Options
    Yup. Its expensive. But not as expensive as you'd think if you use the right strategies. I routinely get to 35 win streaks without using boosts at all...sometimes more.

I'd be interested to learn more about these strategies! lol
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    It's real broken considering there are clubs that win the prime with 5 million points... And theres other clubs who get 2nd with 50 million. It's not about being the better player/club... It's about having the right strategy to get in a good grouping.
  • Options
    mpmjem2010mpmjem2010 Registered Users 28 Posts
    Care to share any tips/advice on this? ;)
  • Options
    It's real broken considering there are clubs that win the prime with 5 million points... And theres other clubs who get 2nd with 50 million. It's not about being the better player/club... It's about having the right strategy to get in a good grouping.

Yeah I've realized that as well. The system is definitely broken when it comes to that. I've experimented with a few different strategies for good groupings, but nothing solid yet.

I even joined a random club just to see what they had done during the week and what they're groupings were, and they had ranked in the 50-100 range all week, nothing really special, no insanely high scores, and still were in that Robots/Batters Up grouping.

Hard to strategize with that! It just seems to be completely randomized to me.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    I was testing and creating new clubs during the weekend event, and I think its just time based. For existing clubs its based off the first time a team on the club logs in during the event.
  • Options
    I was testing and creating new clubs during the weekend event, and I think its just time based. For existing clubs its based off the first time a team on the club logs in during the event.

Tried that too. The new groupings tend to spawn every 15-30 minutes depending on when they reach the # of teams quota. As soon as I would join a new grouping, within an hour the top club had over 2 million points consistently and it just kept climbing from there.

I would see different variations of the top clubs in there too "Heavy Support 3", "FC4" "4MOBallers", etc. It's like everybody's doing the same thing, and then they go all in. Rinse and repeat lol

I'm not knocking it, I just wish i could get lucky with a grouping and not get steamrolled by a top club. lol
  • Options
    That's what the top clubs do...win. Kinda why they are defined as such. Roll in, put up big points fast, make it seem easier to move on to the next bracket. Pretty much every bracket is challenged for an hour or two, and then decided. The rest of the weekend would be boring if they didn't go try another. Smart, really, but not very sporting.
  • Options
    ApexalphamaleApexalphamale Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    OnDeck wrote: »

Please for the love of God stop pretending you and your "son " are 2 different people. You think they won't suspect you of cheating if you create a fake Dad who tells everyone how amazing and honest you are? **** bro you got serious mental health issues