Options

Is this game worth it? I want it to be but so far.......

ThbeabThbeab Registered Users 14 Posts
I've been playing this game for about 3 weeks now, and though it can be fun I have largely found it very frustrating.
I don't want to give up on it because I've started to build a good team and I want to compete with everyone, but I was hoping some of the people on here who have been playing a while and like the game could tell me why they kept playing? Or maybe some tips to make it worth while to play?
For instance, I won the weekly prize my first week playing (Thbeab is my team name) and i collected 1st place for hits, runs and wins.
Since then, I have upgraded my hitting, pitching and fielding heavily and I have improved my players.
Yet, while I was winning a lot with a subpar team, now that my team is actually solid, it loses to teams far inferior frequently. I have numerous screenshots of a team in a division at least a tier if not 2 tiers below beating my team handily, and many instances where the "VS" tab shows that my hitting and pitching are far greater than my opponent, and I have far more upgrades, and my pitcher is a 4 star while my opponent is 2 or 2 1/2, and my team loses.
I am just baffled and dumbfounded.... when my team sucked, I won enough to earn first in all those categories, without spending any REAL money on gold. I have only spent 99 cents on this to stop ads, so I am not complaining.. but I can't see spending my real money on this game to get gold when it feels like the better my team gets the worse it plays. I upgrade my power and now instead of singles my guys just flyout all the time.
I can't get good win streaks going in Prime Events, even though when I first started playing this game I won all the time enough to get FIRST place in all three categories for the week. That seems impossible!!!

Sorry to *****..but I love baseball and baseball video games (even though they always leave a lot to be desired) and I just want to have fun playing this game. I am ok with losing, baseball is random I know and this game is based off of an algorithm, but losing over and over when there is no way an inferior team beats a superior team that frequently is frustrating.

Did I make a mistake not joining a good club right away? All those wins just benefited me and I would have loved to share the wealth if it meant making everyone better... I wish this game gave more tips...

Thanks for any readers and any help.

Comments

• Options
    MrFitPhillyMrFitPhilly Registered Users 49 Posts
    Yeah maybe just play it for fun, but it's not even worth playing to try and build a team with players you like because the options to get players are so limited. The 1 guy I'd like to get would be Miguel Cabrera since he's my favorite player, but the only way to get him is luck through draft picks and I've pulled enough 2.5 and 3 star players from them to give up that route. I'm not about to dump any real money into this. No way. The customer service is horrendous. The aforementioned system to upgrade is very lacking and as much as I enjoy baseball I'm not going to spend more than 15 minutes on this for more than a few times a day at max during the weekend. Sure, we all want to have an awesome team with great players, but spending real cash is such a dopey way to go about it, but it appears to be the only way unless you get really lucky with win-streaks, draft picks (which no doubt has an algorithm to prevent that) or nerd out and play around the clock. Just my .02 cents. Best of luck going forward.
  • Options
    IamWeToddDidIamWeToddDid Registered Users, Member 333 Posts
    Think of this game as a drug dealer, they give you your first wins for free but if you want to come back and get better and win more, you better fork over some money...or find a way to steal
  • Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    The trick is to work on upgrades. Join a club. Even bad clubs with active players will earn you money.

Hitting is golden. Forget power. Do everything you can to get 8 and 9 hitters. Earn gold through achievments and videos in the early going. Spend gold earnt on key players. Xander Bogart (925) and Dee Gordon (919) for example. I bought them with gold and they are cogs in my machine.

Level up sloooooowly. Keep a dead weight player on your squad to keep your average stars down. You will be autopromoted to a tougher level if your team is too good for your current level. Also Dont win playoffs. Remember those things, you can be a big fish in a small pond. The higher you rank the harder the game is. Do NOT rank up if you want to find success in this game.

Good luck.
  • Options
    ThbeabThbeab Registered Users 14 Posts
    Thanks y'all for the genuine input and advice. Unfortunately I am too far into the game currently to really make any drastic changes to my team, I am stuck around a 3-31/2 star team with two or three 4 star players.
    I definitely noticed that hitting and speed are all that matters, but again, I already spent on some power hitters. Now I only play guys with 6 and up contact if I can help it, even if they are lower stars. Rookie Bryce Harper is on my bench in favor of lesser star players because they get contact and hits, while he is all or nothing.
    Wish I could start a second team and not have all my time and effort wasted by starting over. I am doing my best to NOT buy any new players.

Definitely like crack. I get wins. I get a good win streak going. Then boom. Nah.