Options

New Rule Needed - Kicking Club Members Needs to be Regulated

Tanman19azTanman19az Registered Users 15 Posts
I just found a new public club this morning and started adding points immediately. After 2 completed leagues, I was kicked out of the club. They get to keep my points that I earned them too. This has got to stop!

New rule proposal:

A Public Club needs to wait until after a club event ends before kicking players or if they haven't contributed any points, then they can be kicked during the event. However, once a player contributes points, then they will stay apart of that club until the event ends that day or that weekend.

Thanks Lloyd Christmas for bringing this on!!

Comments

• Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    That doesn't work because I could join a club contribute 100 pts and not do anything else and get rewards. People would also play "defense" and try and take a spot from a club with second and third accounts.

That being said I do agree that this could be handled better, and think if you kick a member then the club loses those points.
  • Options
    AntwoinneAntwoinne Registered Users 24 Posts
    Tanman19az wrote: »
    I just found a new public club this morning and started adding points immediately. After 2 completed leagues, I was kicked out of the club. They get to keep my points that I earned them too. This has got to stop!

New rule proposal:

A Public Club needs to wait until after a club event ends before kicking players or if they haven't contributed any points, then they can be kicked during the event. However, once a player contributes points, then they will stay apart of that club until the event ends that day or that weekend.

Thanks Lloyd Christmas for bringing this on!!

While I sympathize with your issue if you were actually contributing points, as a club leader there is no way that I would agree with this rule. We have random players join our club all the time especially on the weekends, drop in 100 points and do nothing else.

There is no way they should reap the same benefits as someone who contributes 1 million points.
  • Options
    That doesn't work because I could join a club contribute 100 pts and not do anything else and get rewards. People would also play "defense" and try and take a spot from a club with second and third accounts.

That being said I do agree that this could be handled better, and think if you kick a member then the club loses those points.

Basically said the same thing lol But I agree with the club losing the points if the player is kicked, but if they leave on their own I think the points should stay.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    All that being said it doesn't make a bit of difference because GLU isn't going to do anything about it. One recommendation look at the chat history before you do anything, if they have a history of kickin people shortly after joining, its a risk to continue. All kinds of people look at the top ranking clubs and try and join them,
  • Options
    FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
    Our public club had a slogan below it -- no strangers. Two star players would join, maybe put up 100 points, and then just sit there. All of our players are at least 4 stars. If you as a 2 star player join a team with all 4 and 5 star players, you clearly don't belong there. Not when I can recruit other top level players.

What has to stop are the 2 star scrubs joining teams where they clearly don't belong. Make your own team and put up your own points if being in a club and keeping your own points is that important to you. You get to be the leader and run the club how you want.
  • Options
    FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
    One thing GLU can do that I have seen in other games is to allow the leader to set minimum levels for new members, so that the new members can't even join in the first place unless you meet the minimum requirements. If someone tries to join who isn't qualified, the software won't let them.
  • Options
    Yes... very good points! I do see a lot of "bums" that can take advantage of this proposed rule. Probably the best thing you can do is ask in the chat to be a part of the club before you contribute points
  • Options
    FiestaRed wrote: »
    One thing GLU can do that I have seen in other games is to allow the leader to set minimum levels for new members, so that the new members can't even join in the first place unless you meet the minimum requirements. If someone tries to join who isn't qualified, the software won't let them.

This already exists within the game, tell your club leader to go to the "My Club" tab, hit "Edit" and then change the "avg star rating required"
  • Options
    Strieg3Strieg3 Registered Users 16 Posts
    Every club is going to have heavy hitters and average players and then of course those that come in trying to pick up the rewards with little effort. We simply set a goal for each day. It could be what we think it will take to win the day or what the top tier rewards are or whatever. Then we divide that by 20
    Each member is responsible for 5% of the goal or they are kicked. We have a core of 14 or so that are there every week so we have open spots that are changing. We make it clear to new people as to what the goal is for each person. We know our heavy hitters will always do their thing and we know what production will be from the rest. As this game is very fluid there are times we have to adjust on the fly but our core guys will make up the difference and we don't penalize the others if they at least hit the original goal. We don't always win 1st place but then again we are not always trying for 1st. We do however always hit the tier rewards for all levels. Our system is simple but effective and everyone knows when they try to join what the expectations are.
  • Options
    Strieg3 wrote: »
    Every club is going to have heavy hitters and average players and then of course those that come in trying to pick up the rewards with little effort. We simply set a goal for each day. It could be what we think it will take to win the day or what the top tier rewards are or whatever. Then we divide that by 20
    Each member is responsible for 5% of the goal or they are kicked. We have a core of 14 or so that are there every week so we have open spots that are changing. We make it clear to new people as to what the goal is for each person. We know our heavy hitters will always do their thing and we know what production will be from the rest. As this game is very fluid there are times we have to adjust on the fly but our core guys will make up the difference and we don't penalize the others if they at least hit the original goal. We don't always win 1st place but then again we are not always trying for 1st. We do however always hit the tier rewards for all levels. Our system is simple but effective and everyone knows when they try to join what the expectations are.

What's your group name? :) That's very fair
  • Options
    PwagnerPwagner Registered Users 7 Posts
    Its simple just ask the leader if you can stay before playing don't put up any points until you talk to him
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    When our club "says don't join you'll be kicked" and you still play then you deserve what you get. This rule doesn't work, sorry bud.
  • Options
    tbatti wrote: »
    When our club "says don't join you'll be kicked" and you still play then you deserve what you get. This rule doesn't work, sorry bud.

Haha yeah I've put the same disclaimer up and people just ignore it