Options

How Does Auto Promotion Actually Work?

ZombieNation108ZombieNation108 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
Does anybody truly know? We've been trying to figure this out for weeks now. Is it the number of 5 star players on your team, the number of Primes or Legends, is it your overall team rating?

Does anyone have a definitive answer on this? There's nothing more frustrating than finally getting a good player you've been waiting for then getting auto-promoted, then getting absolutely destroyed at the next level.

I get that the function is necessary to keep good teams playing at an even competition level, but there are vast differences between my 4.5* team and other 4.5* teams and so on. For example, I just advanced to All-Pro level and had 15 wins out of 250, I have no Legend players and I got only my 4th Prime Player (all batters) and I was auto promoted to Elite and now I'm getting absolutely killed.

Please, if you have any info on this, we'd love to hear it. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    hardfordenardhardfordenard Registered Users 3 Posts
    I'm also curious how this works. My biggest question is when you are auto-promoted, do you still receive the rewards for advancing?
  • Options
    CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    I'm also curious how this works. My biggest question is when you are auto-promoted, do you still receive the rewards for advancing?

Yes you do
  • Options
    This would be extremely helpful and informational to everyone I'm sure. Anyone know the answer?
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    I don't think they really give you this info, but many people say they get promoted after passing a multiple of 500 wins. Like 501, 1001 ect. Many others have seen promotion when getting new guys like a prime/legend player.
  • Options
    zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    I know on one of my accounts I went to SuperStar when surpassing 1250 wins and I went to Expert when passing 1500 wins.

I think there is a lower threshold set for Star Rating and Wins for each class and when you surpass either of those numbers you are automatically promoted.
  • Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    It's a combination of wins and team rating. Better players and more wins = Faster auto promotions.
  • Options
    Cards05Cards05 Registered Users 2 Posts
    I've never been promoted at a certain win level. But I've also won a lot at the lower levels before improving my lineup.

It is all about the total stars of your starters. Inactives do not counts. Lock your starters and selectively change players if you don't like the auto promotion.
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I've tried to make sense of it... But I don't know... I"m currently in the Rising star playoffs with around 3700 games played... I haven't been auto promoted in a long time.
  • Options
    ladyphillieladyphillie Registered Users 159 Posts
    I got autopromoted 8 times during the main event...twice Friday and three times each Saturday and Sunday. My team is now useless. Thanks glu. Never had a single division win at any level. I only got 1 new player during that time that actually made my roster, and my team is not over 1000 wins. I didnt purchase any upgrades either. I wish I knew....
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great responses guys (and gals if there are any here). This is pretty much all the stuff that we came up with also unfortunately. It would be nice to get a solid answer from Glu (hint, hint) or Redtrunk on this matter. It seems like it's a huge factor in the game that no one really understands.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Thanks for all the great responses guys (and gals if there are any here). This is pretty much all the stuff that we came up with also unfortunately. It would be nice to get a solid answer from Glu (hint, hint) or Redtrunk on this matter. It seems like it's a huge factor in the game that no one really understands.

I agree, at a certain point you are better off not getting legends or prime players because it might promote you too high, and you just start to get crushed, but then there is no point to play. Almost a lose lose