Version 2.0! And, a note on customer support

redtrunkredtrunk Administrator, Moderators 150 Posts
Hello everyone!

I am back from my brief departure from the forums, and I have some very exciting news. Version 2.0 of TSB16 is now live! There are some awesome features in this update, including the brand new Home Run Battles mode. I think you're all gonna love it. Go check it out now!

The second thing I want to write you all about is customer support and my role in that process. I know that many of you have been frustrated by your experience with customer support and have come to me for help. I have been happy to help, but the issue here is that I am not a part of the customer care team. The upshot of all of this is that my injection into this process has disturbed the way the customer support system is supposed to operate. Case in point: during the week I was gone, I was sent 600 PMs (!!) even after saying that I would be unable to respond. I am one person and I cannot handle that kind of load. Basically, my point is this - I am no longer going to be able to help with big issues. You will have to go to CS for those things. As always, if you have questions or concerns, I'm here. And, if you have small issues and/or bug reports I still definitely want to see those.

tl;dr: Go check out the new update, it's lot's of fun! Also, PLEASE contact customer care if you're having an issue before you contact me.

Comments

• gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    There was much speculation on here that the next update would contain new more accurate player rankings to account for players that performed better than expected. I didn't notice any change, is this still going to occur?
  • FtwFtw Registered Users 6 Posts
    I'm trying to message you red but inbox is full. Please let me know when you are able to take on another issue. Thank you and welcome back
  • redtrunkredtrunk Administrator, Moderators 150 Posts
    There was much speculation on here that the next update would contain new more accurate player rankings to account for players that performed better than expected. I didn't notice any change, is this still going to occur?

As of version 2.0, we are not planning on updating rosters. I can't speak to any future releases, but for now rosters are going to stay as they are.
  • astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    To clarify, what does the update include? Please say it's more than this home run thing.
  • JmhJmh Registered Users 34 Posts
    Glu should have included roster update in here. Homerun derby looks sucks. We can use player picked by draft only one time even if we spended hundreds of golds. Roster update would cover those thing but this update only has glu's greed.
  • BrettkeenBrettkeen Registered Users 3 Posts
    Customer support hasnt gotten back to me. And im stuck in baseball jail because of a stupid glitch. So now, im stuck there? Man, this really sucks.
  • y0lk3dy0lk3d Registered Users 12 Posts
    #1 draft picks will ONLY give you a 4 star player now?!!
  • Noles1733Noles1733 Registered Users 10 Posts
    I noticed that also
  • WhorndawgsWhorndawgs Registered Users 29 Posts
    redtrunk wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I am back from my brief departure from the forums, and I have some very exciting news. Version 2.0 of TSB16 is now live! There are some awesome features in this update, including the brand new Home Run Battles mode. I think you're all gonna love it. Go check it out now!

The second thing I want to write you all about is customer support and my role in that process. I know that many of you have been frustrated by your experience with customer support and have come to me for help. I have been happy to help, but the issue here is that I am not a part of the customer care team. The upshot of all of this is that my injection into this process has disturbed the way the customer support system is supposed to operate. Case in point: during the week I was gone, I was sent 600 PMs (!!) even after saying that I would be unable to respond. I am one person and I cannot handle that kind of load. Basically, my point is this - I am no longer going to be able to help with big issues. You will have to go to CS for those things. As always, if you have questions or concerns, I'm here. And, if you have small issues and/or bug reports I still definitely want to see those.

tl;dr: Go check out the new update, it's lot's of fun! Also, PLEASE contact customer care if you're having an issue before you contact me.

Customer care is non existent, so of course people will reach out to anyone that be of help. I've placed 20 tickets over various games and never even got a reply until after I paid for gold on this game. Now, I get a couple of responses, but still no service before the conversation disappears. Maybe if your group put an actual customer care group in place, you wouldn't be bothered so much. If you pay attention at all to this forum, you have to know that these incidents are not isolated
  • ZombieNation108ZombieNation108 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Tough to contact customer service when you can't open the app due to a network issue. Is there an alternative way to contact them?
  • drdevodrdevo Registered Users 5 Posts
    But if Customer Service isn't getting reports of trouble, then there must be no trouble! Glu for the win!
  • detroithrslugdetroithrslug Registered Users 93 Posts
    im there too man. Redtrunk helped me once before, but i understand his point. Its not our fault for going to him, and not his fault for telling us he cant handle it all. 600 pms is insane!!! We can only hope that customer service gets their **** together. Fuglu not glufu.
  • drdevodrdevo Registered Users 5 Posts
    I don't mean to sound harsh, and I get the fact that one man can't police and fix everything...

But glu is providing a game that people pay REAL money for. It's kind of a cop out to hear that it's unsupportable and contact CS. How is it feasible that there is no effective support when the game itself is broken.

And not a little bit of money either, the gold buys are expensive, and people DO buy them.

Glu shouldn't be having their cake and eating it too.
  • zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    Agreed with most of the sentiments here.

It sounds to me like Glu needs to re-staff their current CS team if one redtrunk is able to handle customer support than the entire CS team.

And that clearly is the case because as soon as redtrunk disappeared support went to ****.

Redtrunk no longer responding to CS issues basically makes the situation indefinite now.

If Glu expects people to continue spending money on this game they need to offer a better support for paying subscribers.

I understand if it takes a while to get back to all of the free accounts; but paying members should ACTUALLY be prioritized instead of just saying that they are when a ticket is opened and then treating it like the rest.
  • F0nzieF0nzie Registered Users 3 Posts
    redtrunk wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I contacted customer support the day you left for vacation and have still yet to hear back from them. Whats up with that? Not to mention the game wont even load up today at all. Plus no more 5* picks in #1 picks. Whats up with that? Would like to see a little more reward in this game than greed from Glu.
  • grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    So the only method of getting a 5* guy now is through fan rewards and to win the individual event on the weekend? Gonna make it hard to bring along any new teams that you might've wanted to make. Glu keeps taking and taking last time the amount of gold for achievements, now this , what next?
  • astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Just opened a first rounder and it's normal now.