Options

No more 5-star Players in the #1 picks

InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
Unless I am mistaken, I've used 10 #1 draft picks this morning and there were only 4-star players on the list. This would be cool for new teams, but most of my teams can no longer benefit from 4-star players. Is anyone else seeing the same thing?

Comments

• Options
    aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    Don't know why you felt the need to start your own special thread about this.
    May I refer you to this --- http://ggnbb.glu.com/showthread.php?212411-1-draft-and-1st-round-draft
  • Options
    Thanks grumpy!
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    I'm hoping this is just a glitch, but the FAQ's say that its possible to get a 5* still with both 1st round and #1. Hopefully fixed shortly.
  • Options
    I sure hope so! I think they just neglected to update the wording. Such as how during gold events it still says "money spent on league, or blitz entry doesn't count" or something like that. Apparently the blitz event thing is wording they used for Tap Football. You'd think they'd have removed that. Unless we hear otherwise from Glu, I'm assuming this is the new norm. Honestly though if they don't give out 5-star players in #1 draft picks than the only thing I gain from playing Club Events is the gold from Tier 6 and the potential for prime players. The draft picks would be useless at that point, which would make the events unplayable for me personally :(.
  • Options
    The Home Run Derby might fall under the "Blitz" category. It's a head to head kinda thing that was in football also.
  • Options
    aTownDown wrote: »
    The Home Run Derby might fall under the "Blitz" category. It's a head to head kinda thing that was in football also.

Perhaps, and Jesus Christ please don't take this the wrong way, but my point was that Glu doesn't seem to care about the small details like updating terminologies and all. The blitz thing has been on there since 2016 came out (maybe on 2015 too, not sure), so I'm thinking that they may change things in game and not update the little Info boxes and FAQs.
  • Options
    ZombieNation108ZombieNation108 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Someone in my club got a 5* player from last night's #1 pick we won
  • Options
    Perhaps, and Jesus Christ please don't take this the wrong way, but my point was that Glu doesn't seem to care about the small details like updating terminologies and all. The blitz thing has been on there since 2016 came out (maybe on 2015 too, not sure), so I'm thinking that they may change things in game and not update the little Info boxes and FAQs.
    That's true. Glu definitely needs to step it up with communications with their players.
  • Options
    Tanman19azTanman19az Registered Users 15 Posts
    Someone in my club got a 5* player from last night's #1 pick we won

Probably didn't update his/her game yet
  • Options
    aTownDown wrote: »
    That's true. Glu definitely needs to step it up with communications with their players.

Did we just find common ground? I'm hopeful for our future on this forum together.
  • Options
    redtrunkredtrunk Administrator, Moderators 150 Posts
    As far as I know, 5 star players are still obtainable from #1 draft picks. That said, I'll ask the dev team to investigate further.
  • Options
    Shaggy27Shaggy27 Registered Users 6 Posts
    redtrunk wrote: »
    As far as I know, 5 star players are still obtainable from #1 draft picks. That said, I'll ask the dev team to investigate further.

They are not available to my elite level team, but my other team at Rising Star level has them
  • Options
    SamplemethisSamplemethis Registered Users 21 Posts
    I got a 5* last night, then updated cuz I heard about the HR derby thing, then it was all 4* players. Both in what I got, and what I could see as the pick was doing the slot machine spiny thing a mabob. I think I spun it 3-4 times and only saw 4*'s.
  • Options
    SamplemethisSamplemethis Registered Users 21 Posts
    Also...side note, my game won't load now most of the time. And when it does I maybe get to play one inning and then it kicks me out.
  • Options
    ImperialstoutsImperialstouts Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    On one hand, the #1 pick seems to be a GUARANTEED 4-*. And first rounder is GUARANTEED to be 3-* or better. So no more 2-* whiffs.

What's funny is you can still get 4-* players with a 2nd round pick.

Either way, not being able to get a 5-* player this way is BS
  • Options
    Tanman19azTanman19az Registered Users 15 Posts
    This is fixed! Should have spent my #1s before it was fixed because I got 4 straight 3.5 stars :(