Options

Cheaters Caught

RainbowtrunksRainbowtrunks Registered Users 55 Posts
Redtrunk - did it ever occur to Glu that we have proof of cheating? If the network and servers are down. How the **** is it possible for teams to have almost 1 Million points? The robots have been scoring and other "big" clubs are playing at will. Could it be that they are using proxy servers or scripts to go around the server issues? If Glu did their homework maybe you could start catching the cheaters. I usually wouldn't give a rats *** about a game but I haven't seen any proof on y'all doing a **** thing about cheating.

Comments

• Options
    R0yhobbsR0yhobbs Registered Users 23 Posts
    Agreed. Now that being said we are the team that took the robots down last weekend. We had to hear it all weekend that we was cheating as well. If we was cheating don't you think we would be able to play right along with them. Nope we are stuck out this game right along with all the rest of the honest players.
  • Options
    redtrunkredtrunk Administrator, Moderators 150 Posts
    There should be no way to use proxy servers or scripts to circumvent our servers. Everything runs through our servers, there's no avoiding that. Today's problems should be affecting everyone equally. We are very sorry that there are problems in the first place, and please believe me when I say the team is working tirelessly on this.
  • Options
    redtrunkredtrunk Administrator, Moderators 150 Posts
    I'll also add that if you ever have specific concerns or proof of cheating, I would definitely like to see that. Feel free to PM me about that sort of thing.
  • Options
    redtrunk wrote: »
    I'll also add that if you ever have specific concerns or proof of cheating, I would definitely like to see that. Feel free to PM me about that sort of thing.
    Can you explain how some clubs have posted 1 million points and others can't even get their app to open? You have access to the clubs. Go check and enlighten us. Not trying to be an ***, but you didn't answer my question.
  • Options
    redtrunk wrote: »
    There should be no way to use proxy servers or scripts to circumvent our servers. Everything runs through our servers, there's no avoiding that. Today's problems should be affecting everyone equally. We are very sorry that there are problems in the first place, and please believe me when I say the team is working tirelessly on this.
    Simple troubleshooting - check who is playing and see what their account is doing differently than ours. Unless their hooked to the Glu sever I just do not comprehend how those clubs can play at will.
  • Options
    dixon6dixon6 Registered Users 160 Posts
    You can still get on if you have fast internet, but it still takes 10x as long to finish a game. They're all just that desperate to play and win still... I'm sure their scores would be higher if it wasn't for these issues.
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    Redtrunk - did it ever occur to Glu that we have proof of cheating? If the network and servers are down. How the **** is it possible for teams to have almost 1 Million points? The robots have been scoring and other "big" clubs are playing at will. Could it be that they are using proxy servers or scripts to go around the server issues? If Glu did their homework maybe you could start catching the cheaters. I usually wouldn't give a rats *** about a game but I haven't seen any proof on y'all doing a **** thing about cheating.
    CDqD1KV.jpg

If servers are down or experiencing lots of issues like we are seeing today, there is no way for someone to "hack" their way in. What IS possible, is for people to spend the entire day trying to log in, getting in 1/3 of the time and playing as many games as they can before the network knocks them off again. That's what you're seeing. There are CERTAINLY people who cheat and there are certainly ways of proving it atleast to some extent, however this is not an example of cheating but an example of persistence.
  • Options
    JASONWFRITTSJASONWFRITTS Registered Users 48 Posts
    dixon6 wrote: »
    You can still get on if you have fast internet, but it still takes 10x as long to finish a game. They're all just that desperate to play and win still... I'm sure their scores would be higher if it wasn't for these issues.

Nope still can't even play a game. App restarts or freezes when I try.
  • Options
    I can! My iPhone is playing, but its laggy. It might depend on your location in the US? Glu might have multiple servers, probably do in fact. Anyway, none of this has to do with cheating but only has to do with rolling out an update.
  • Options
    Then shut the app down, fix it and bring it back up. You would have a lot less people upset if all were on the same playing field going into a weekend event.
  • Options
    Do any of you know what cheating actually consist of. Its gaining an advantage in anyway possible. And when the majority can't play due to a know server issue and the few can that is glu saying we are ok with you cheating.
  • Options
    Have to have a fast tablet, phone, or computer. Works on my Nexus 5x, but not galaxy tablet.
  • Options
    JASONWFRITTSJASONWFRITTS Registered Users 48 Posts
    Yeah it's BS that were stuck not playing while other clubs can play and get rewards for it. We always hit at least tier 4 and most of the time tier 6. That's bonus games and gold that were missing out on while other clubs are getting them. Shut it down until it's fully fixed.
  • Options
    It's annoying though and unplayable to me. I'm withdrawing hard off that tsb16
  • Options
    I doubt that happiness is their business model. Nor should it be. They have to pay programmers and pay for the servers and pay to fix the servers when they get overloaded like today. They want you to be happy and keep playing, but this **** costs money and I bet they're still raking in some despite the overloaded servers.
  • Options
    jerbotzjerbotz Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    And the team is doing a terrible job....obviously.
  • Options
    zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    Just guessing what happened but I think they didn't properly load test the new homerun derby feature and after enough people updated and started playing it is overrunning their servers and they're trying to figure out how to fix it live.
  • Options
    zerohero99 wrote: »
    Just guessing what happened but I think they didn't properly load test the new homerun derby feature and after enough people updated and started playing it is overrunning their servers and they're trying to figure out how to fix it live.

I'm no expert but I doubt there are suddenly a larger number of users due to that feature and if it were the same number of users than it wouldn't matter what type of game they were playing as far as I know. I think it would make more sense that there are two (or more) different servers supports each version of the game, and possibly more folks upgraded faster than they expected.
  • Options
    kns6791kns6791 Registered Users 10 Posts
    dixon6 wrote: »

I was on a 1gig internet connection all day and couldn't get on.
  • Options
    619Tapballer619Tapballer Registered Users 1 Posts
    1.6 million points from Robots on a crashed app and there's no cheating going on? Yeah sure there isn't. I'm not spending another dime on this game until this gets handled.
  • Options
    bigdogdaddybigdogdaddy Registered Users 2 Posts
    1.6 million points from Robots on a crashed app and there's no cheating going on? Yeah sure there isn't. I'm not spending another dime on this game until this gets handled.

GASP... Not 1.6 Million! I am not even associated with these Robots and I am tired of "listening" to peoples whining! I am in another club and seen they have those points but also seen that there was another team right behind them and they are saints to you?
    All you people need to drop your purses, man up and accept the fact that you may be right or you may be wrong but really go wash the sand from your vag inas!