Options

Day 2

RainbowtrunksRainbowtrunks Registered Users 55 Posts
Day 2 of the Glu Servers Apocalypse.

Before the club events start, and we waste our hard earned resources, can we get an update? If some cannot play, but others can, why not make it a level playing field by cancelling the club event? You promote an uneven playing field and advantages to certain clubs by doing nothing at all. I have receipts, and if I lose my resources a 3rd time, I will be suing Glu for Negligence.

Comments

• Options
    StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    Will you be filing a Class Action Lawsuit? If so you may need to get in line :)
  • Options
    bobknobbobknob Registered Users 4 Posts
    Seriously?!?!? It's a GAME!!!! The things people get so worked up about is just unbelievable. Can't you play Pokémon Go or clean the basement?
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I don't think for anyone it was working well... Around 30 minutes before the event ended last night I could play games, it just took a few minutes per game. If some teams were able to muscle through that and score points, good for them. I know Pro Scouts scored almost a million. Which I could see being achievable if you can score enough each game.
  • Options
    ImperialstoutsImperialstouts Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    I slogged through 5 tournaments over the course of the day. Lots of app restarting. So much restarting...
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    bobknob wrote: »
    Seriously?!?!? It's a GAME!!!! The things people get so worked up about is just unbelievable. Can't you plat Pokémon Go or clean the basement?

You're right! It is a game. However, it happens to be a very expensive habit for a lot of people that choose to play. There are a lot of people that have spent a lot of their hard earned money on this game and it is frustrating when, through not fault of its users, you are not able to use what you've dumped a bunch of money on. If you were unable to use the car that you purchased (some have spent enough on this game to have bought one, so it equates) and no one was able to give you a time table as to when you would be able to start driving your car again, I would think that you would be a little upset too.
  • Options
    You're right! It is a game. However, it happens to be a very expensive habit for a lot of people that choose to play. There are a lot of people that have spent a lot of their hard earned money on this game and it is frustrating when, through not fault of its users, you are not able to use what you've dumped a bunch of money on. If you were unable to use the car that you purchased (some have spent enough on this game to have bought one, so it equates) and no one was able to give you a time table as to when you would be able to start driving your car again, I would think that you would be a little upset too.

We are equating the purchase of a car (on average a new car is $20k) to a game that someone might have spent at most a couple hundred dollars.

If this 'habit' is causing this much consternation for some, I would recommend some serious help, not a lawsuit.
  • Options
    Never did I say a new car, but ok! IF you bought a tv, and you were not allowed to watch it for 2 days and no one was telling you when you would be able to start watching it again. Is this a better metaphor? The point is that people have spent a ton of money on this game and expect to be able to use it when they are ready to. The customer service is ****...but that was thoroughly covered in a thread yesterday, but at least the game play had been reliable till they forced an untested and unproven update on its users.

Don't see why this is such a hard thing to rationalize why folks would be upset. I do agree that the lawsuit is a bit of an over reaction.
  • Options
    Never did I say a new car, but ok! IF you bought a tv, and you were not allowed to watch it for 2 days and no one was telling you when you would be able to start watching it again. Is this a better metaphor? The point is that people have spent a ton of money on this game and expect to be able to use it when they are ready to. The customer service is ****...but that was thoroughly covered in a thread yesterday, but at least the game play had been reliable till they forced an untested and unproven update on its users.

Don't see why this is such a hard thing to rationalize why folks would be upset. I do agree that the lawsuit is a bit of an over reaction.

It is hard to rationalize BECAUSE IT IS A GAME!!!!!! If my TV were down for 2 days, I'd go outside....read a book, wash my car, go hang out with friends, walk my dog.....I'd find something else to do rather than rant and rave about a GAME!!!!!!

All these posts from people stating how horrible GLU support is and then they keep coming back. Caveat Emptor......

If it is so horrible, STOP playing the game and find another one!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MrFitPhillyMrFitPhilly Registered Users 49 Posts
    People who spend loads of cash on this are idiots anyway
  • Options
    drdevodrdevo Registered Users 5 Posts
    Philly,
    They are also the reason you can play this game for free.
  • Options
    People who spend loads of cash on this are idiots anyway

Not disputing that at all!
  • Options
    bobknob wrote: »
    It is hard to rationalize BECAUSE IT IS A GAME!!!!!! If my TV were down for 2 days, I'd go outside....read a book, wash my car, go hang out with friends, walk my dog.....I'd find something else to do rather than rant and rave about a GAME!!!!!!

All these posts from people stating how horrible GLU support is and then they keep coming back. Caveat Emptor......

If it is so horrible, STOP playing the game and find another one!!!!!!!

Or you'd just stay inside and argue with someone on a GAME FORUM as to whether or not people have the right to be upset!
  • Options
    Or you'd just stay inside and argue with someone on a GAME FORUM as to whether or not people have the right to be upset!

The only reason I am inside is so that I can work; oh and yeah, watch people have utter meltdowns on a GAME FORUM.

https://youtu.be/eqIx2qlB_SE
  • Options
    ImperialstoutsImperialstouts Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    Everyone's daily collection should be a Club Reward box or a stack of 700 gold.
  • Options
    RoyalsRoyals Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    All of your solutions are known as Substitutes my friend. Substitutes that are dangerous to any product. Us users don't want to turn to other alternatives.

Please keep us in the loop Glu! As hard as you are working to fix the problem, a few simple messages to your customer base will help fix the other side of the problem, customer frustration. We're loyal and understand. Please communicate with us. If you are working but don't know yet, tell us. Any info. would be very appreciated.

Thank you.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Royals wrote: »
    All of your solutions are known as Substitutes my friend. Substitutes that are dangerous to any product. Us users don't want to turn to other alternatives.

Please keep us in the loop Glu! As hard as you are working to fix the problem, a few simple messages to your customer base will help fix the other side of the problem, customer frustration. We're loyal and understand. Please communicate with us. If you are working but don't know yet, tell us. Any info. would be very appreciated.

Thank you.
    I agree with what royals is saying here especially the second part. Just knowing would be great. I have a feeling the problem is they don't really know.
  • Options
    EAMUSCATULIIEAMUSCATULII Registered Users 7 Posts
    ...IF you bought a tv, and you were not allowed to watch it for 2 days and no one was telling you when you would be able to start watching it again. Is this a better metaphor?

You obviously don't have DirecTv! That sounds like their customer service