Options

Homerun Battles scam?

BourneBourne Registered Users 6 Posts
So I tried the homerun battles yesterday when I first updated the game. Seemed good and fun like a way to potentially get some extra gold... WELL... when I tried it today, about 5-6 games with Jay Bruce and even a few games yesterday, I consistently got beat by a SINGLE home run being the deciding factor. It didn't matter if I went on a streak of 6-8 home runs in a row and put up over 5k points or even if I was doing bad or facing a player SIGNIFICANTLY worse. Every single time I would lose by a single home run. Ended up wasting about 1,000 gold on it (quite stupid and should have stopped much sooner) but was just curious if anyone else has had ANY success or similar results in their experience. In reality the concept is quite simple and seems like a relatively easy way to get at least a little extra gold when you can just buy the packs with cash to get a decent 3-4 star slugger. However it would be extremely easy to also "rig" this and have people face computers to get rid of gold, causing people to want to buy more. Just a thought and curious what others think or have experienced. Personally I know I will NEVER play the homerun battle again... which is really sad since it seemed like a wonderful idea and was actually fun.

Comments

• Options
    dixon6dixon6 Registered Users 160 Posts
    I don't know, but I've played a couple people where their first home run was more than 1500 points, and didn't matter if I hit a home run every pitch. I still lose even though I'm using a batter with 87 rating and theirs 50's.
  • Options
    are you sure their first HR was 1500? Possible it could have lagged or been ahead on pitch count maybe? Fairly certain unless you go on a streak or the bonus is active that the score is based off of distance... which 1500 ft would be impossible. It's just sad to see a great and fun addition to the game like this basically being a gold sink.
  • Options
    I'm sure because I hit every pitch a home run and the better rating batters hit further, so there's no way the other person could win. I even hit most to center/left center where they go the furthest.
  • Options
    Matt1nb7Matt1nb7 Registered Users 52 Posts
    Should've used roided up McGwire.
  • Options
    zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    I've had a couple of derby's during all the weird connection issues where I've hit like 30 home runs. Some counted. Others didn't. There definitely is some glitchiness to it right now.

I've seen a screenshot of someone else who scored over 15k points.
  • Options
    Devildoc87Devildoc87 Registered Users 144 Posts
    I havent played it a whole lot but the gold games I have played I am 2 for 3 in wins
  • Options
    bootopiabootopia Registered Users 114 Posts
    Bourne wrote: »
    are you sure their first HR was 1500? Possible it could have lagged or been ahead on pitch count maybe? Fairly certain unless you go on a streak or the bonus is active that the score is based off of distance... which 1500 ft would be impossible. It's just sad to see a great and fun addition to the game like this basically being a gold sink.

nah...same thing happened to me. His first HR was 800+ feet.
  • Options
    CraigyCraigy Registered Users 146 Posts
    Yes i have faced a couple guys where their pitches were not being counted. Once i just gave up and watched as his total went up but his pitches stayed the same. Needless to say i reported them, but that probably doesn't matter lol
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Some of this might have had to do the issues yesterday. I know I did one derby and it kept not counting the pitches, it would say 2 remaining then jump back up to 5 and so on. I probably ended up seeing 30-40 pitches.
  • Options
    Sloan1977Sloan1977 Registered Users 5 Posts
    I just played a matchup where the other guys first home run was measured at over 800 feet :mad:
  • Options
    Matt1nb7 wrote: »
    Should've used roided up McGwire.
    I would, but just have him on my team no hr derby yet.
  • Options
    Interesting, definitely a lot of messed up games it looks like... I never paid close enough attention to see if anything like that happened to me but I played after the servers started getting better. Would be nice if Glu offered some form of compensation for either A) The horrible servers the other day or B) The glitches in the derby... unfortunately I'd say there are better odds of the Braves winning the World Series this year.
  • Options
    AvocadoAvocado Registered Users 26 Posts
    Agreed, this is getting rediculous, I am highly disappointed in Glu. I keep losing last second in hr derby even if I am higher.

The part I don't understand is that it should be a zero sum game, but it's not.
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Not only do they take out 30 percent of the gold.... But there's still glitches on it. I'm gonna play it for fun with blue cash... But I'm not sinking gold into that money pit
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    I am finding this event to be a cash cow!!! Loving the home run challenge. I really think that what you guys are seeing has a lot to do with lag between receiving the info from your opponent's device being sent to Glu servers and then being sent to yours. There is bound to be some lag when going against some one head to head in real time.
  • Options
    ApexalphamaleApexalphamale Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    I am finding this event to be a cash cow!!! Loving the home run challenge. I really think that what you guys are seeing has a lot to do with lag between receiving the info from your opponent's device being sent to Glu servers and then being sent to yours. There is bound to be some lag when going against some one head to head in real time.

If I spend 500 gold and you spend 500 gold the winner should got 1,000 gold. Not 800. That is bs
    And also I wish my pitcher would stop throwing a ramdom change up or slider. That's never suppose to happen
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    I agree there is no reason the house should take a cut! It's not like gold bars are paying employees or keeping glu'so light on!
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    There should be rewards in each matchup.... 2500 blue at x distance. bonus game at the next. draft pick at the next. some gold at another or something.
  • Options
    I agree there is no reason the house should take a cut! It's not like gold bars are paying employees or keeping glu'so light on!

Actually they are. Think about it.
  • Options

Its not always lag, ive faced a few guys who are clearly cheating. One guy score over 8000 on me. 9 hrs of 500 feet equals 4500. Add 3 bonus hrs of 750 pts thats 6750. Impossible. Period.
  • Options
    OMG now the hr derby pitcher keeps throwing me knuckle *****. What the hell glu???
  • Options
    Forgot can't say ball*s here
  • Options
    ApexalphamaleApexalphamale Registered Users, Member 73 Posts
    dixon6 wrote: »
    Forgot can't say ball*s here

Lmao is b@lls buddy
  • Options
    bhawk91bhawk91 Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    I've been trying to play the home run derby for 2 days but cannot find an opponent.