Options

Your Legend Boxes Success Rate?

Hey everyone, im new to posting on the forum (first time *gasp*) but not new to reading it or playing Tap Baseball 2016. Anywho, I'm wondering if anyone here has actually had REAL success with the Legends Mystery Boxes... I won Nolan Ryan after investing a good chunk of gold into the box when it was introduced, but now I keep getting the same players/prizes over and over. Whether it's Adam Eaton, Kyle Seager, Brian Dozier, or 40k in cash I'm guaranteed to waste 10-30k in Gold a week just to get myself nothing of actual value. I've missed out on Hershiser, Jackson, and I'm already down and out on Ken Griffey for this weekend.

Now I know Glu wants my money and they aren't just going to give me top tier level players, but I've invested so much into these boxes I want to know if there is a REAL trick... Should I clear my bench and try to go through every player in the box possible, saving them on my bench rather than trading them? Or does it really not matter and it's all truly just a highly manipulated chance to fail? I see some people here "allegedly" earning multiple Legends in 10-20 Box draws, while I'm probably 50 or more in and I'll I have from a box is Ryan... I'm spending 10k-40k almost every weekend for Fan Rewards, and to get to those players I try the Legends Box in the hopes I can land that legend too. But alas to no avail...

So again I just want to know what other people are experiencing. Ill admit my roster probably compares to some of the elite teams offensively, but I do spend the time and the money and I just feel like I'm not doing something right if other people are having REAL success with the Legends Boxes...

Comments

• Options
    y0lk3dy0lk3d Registered Users 12 Posts
    I'm 0 for 9
  • Options
    UmmanUmman Registered Users 20 Posts
    I'll bet odds are 1 in 100. I've never got one fron it.
  • Options
    BenRoy69BenRoy69 Registered Users 51 Posts
    Be careful, someone posted on here the other day as a new person and they got attacked by the TSB power couple. She might think you are talking about her.
  • Options
    Grimetime26Grimetime26 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Yeah I'm not naming, blaming, or doing anything like that. I'm just curious if anyone has had any real success with the Legends boxes and what was your experience like? Were you keeping every player that came out of the box as to limit the potential of resetting the odds by putting those players back in play after trades? I've just gotten to the point of not knowing whether it's worth trying the boxes... I assume every Legend will eventually be available via Collection player or Fan Reward at some point, but sometimes ya just want to get lucky and not have to spend thousands of units of gold and real life cash week after week.

So is it truly possible? is there a real strategy? Or is it simply just a blind ****shoot and it's better to just wait till Fan Rewards weekends for Legends?
  • Options
    JmhJmh Registered Users 34 Posts
    0/40 for Madbum.
  • Options
    LivingstonhighLivingstonhigh Registered Users 13 Posts
    My experience was 0-21 with legend box.
  • Options
    PamajPamaj Registered Users 39 Posts
    I'd say its around 1-50.

I got Nolan Ryan on my second box, but it took me around 20 to get Orel Hershiser.
  • Options
    BenRoy69BenRoy69 Registered Users 51 Posts
    really? in my experience oral usually costs around 50
  • Options
    Cr00kxCr00kx Registered Users 90 Posts
    Im like 0-30 lmaoo cant even win the second best in legend box even tho i got elite trout n dont need em
  • Options
    zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    Definitely do NOT trade players who you get from the boxes. This puts them back into the mix for possible rewards.

I got Jim Rice in about 8 boxes. That's the only one I've tried for thus far.
  • Options
    DUNKINXDEEZXNUTZDUNKINXDEEZXNUTZ Registered Users 10 Posts
    've had good success with legend boxes. I've noticed, when I've tried right after buying 10,400 gold, ive won them. Once I used a $300 Google play card and lost it all on Jackson. Then I bought 10,400 and got him
  • Options
    MrFitPhillyMrFitPhilly Registered Users 49 Posts
    Stop buying them. Obviously the odds are awful, but you guys keep acting like sheep.
  • Options
    Routine Fly BallRoutine Fly Ball Registered Users 13 Posts
    I got Ryan on my fourth box

You realize it's likely heavily rigged right - reasonable chance of getting Ryan, gets your hopes up and makes you want to buy more boxes because you think the next legend player is ready to come out next.. but he never comes (or at least takes a LOT more effort)
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    I was actually extremely lucky. As I was spending the last of the 35K needed to get Jackson from fan rewards, I bought a legend box and I got him, so my fan reward switched to Bagwell
  • Options
    Hosmer sexy timeHosmer sexy time Registered Users 46 Posts
    About half of my club has tried this about 3-4 weeks ago when they started rolling this out. When they all did it then it was something like 3/20 as the best ratio I saw with 3 legends pitchers. Some others were about 0/15. I was 0/2 and decided to never try it again.
  • Options
    Grimetime26Grimetime26 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Yeah I'm probably close to 0/50 it feels like since I got Ryan, and even that took quite a bit of buying to get him. Now I only try it on Fam Rewards weekends so maybe that has something to do with it too? Glu probably knows people will spend a lot of money on gold that weekend so they probably nerf the chances to land the Legends Box player because they know you have to spend 35k (now) to get the weekly fan rewards legend. Why would they let you get two in the same weekend without spending another 55k to get through the bonus players and a whole new round of rewards...
  • Options
    ibo66ibo66 Registered Users 1 Posts
    yea never get anything out of em usually 40k cash or ****ty 4star sp
  • Options
    Bartolo BombsquadBartolo Bombsquad Registered Users 58 Posts
    I'm 0-fer.