Options

Glu - here's how you fix this

GoBravosGoBravos Registered Users 6 Posts
To whom it may concern at GLU,

There is a simple solution to your problem that will keep all Tap Sports Baseball Players happy and committed to your product.

Award all players a mystery box containing only Prime and Legend players. Every single team in Tap Sports Baseball will get a prime or legend player. This will make up for this weekends event and the hard earned money many people spent. Also, reward every single player back the gold they spent towards fan rewards. This is a "good faith" showing on GLU's part. This will let every costumer know that they are not just a dollar sign but an appreciated consumer of their product.

Redtrunk,

Please see that this idea gets where it needs to go. I private messaged you, as well.

Comments

• Options
    RDSK1NSRDSK1NS Registered Users 13 Posts
    This would be great but will never happen. Glu has shown time and time again that they do not appreciate the consumers of their product, and I don't think that will change any time soon. We are just dollar signs to them.

We'll be lucky to get 3 #1 picks that give us all 3 star players again. They may even throw in some bonus games or ice wraps. Chances are, they'll actually just take gold away from us and give us nothing. I swear this game is becoming an experiment or joke to see how much they can steal from us before we stop giving them insane amounts of money. Well, I've reached my point and after spending probably a thousand bucks, I'm more upset and frustrated than before I spent any. Time to find somewhere else to spend it. I don't like paying to get robbed anymore.
  • Options
    marela520marela520 Registered Users 65 Posts
    Agree.
    I was going to spend 200 gold after getting tier 6 reward to get legend so this idea is a pretty good compensation to me.
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    Very reasonable solution. Furthermore it gives no advantage to anyone and helps people develop more love and devotion for their team. Sucks for the people who make new accounts tomorrow though cuz they're screwed.
    GoBravos wrote: »

There is a simple solution to your problem that will keep all Tap Sports Baseball Players happy and committed to your product.

Award all players a mystery box containing only Prime and Legend players. Every single team in Tap Sports Baseball will get a prime or legend player. This will make up for this weekends event and the hard earned money many people spent. Also, reward every single player back the gold they spent towards fan rewards. This is a "good faith" showing on GLU's part. This will let every costumer know that they are not just a dollar sign but an appreciated consumer of their product.

Redtrunk,

Please see that this idea gets where it needs to go. I private messaged you, as well.
  • Options
    Hosmer sexy timeHosmer sexy time Registered Users 46 Posts
    GoBravos wrote: »

Redtrunk,

This isn't a fair to the teams that busted their *** this weekend. I got screwed out of Lindor, Axford in one club and a 5 start 1st round pick for Axford in my other team. It isn't fair if everyone else gets a Prime or Legend box for not putting in as much effort as my teams and clubs. If Joe Smith spent 300 gold to finish 250th place while my teams spent over 30k gold this weekend, why should both of our teams get the exact same reward. I think this is an unfair idea.
  • Options
    Mo$tlyB@dMo$tlyB@d Registered Users 42 Posts
    Better solution... Give every team $50,000 of gold to spend in any manner they so choose. That way, they can buy Legends boxes, draft picks, upgrades, or whatever. Does that really cost Glu anything??? NO!!
    Or give every team a "spin the wheel" choice for 2 Legends Players. That again costs you nothing and guarantees you that the masses will continue to spend money on this crazy addiction we all have.
  • Options
    We all busted our asses Hosmer... Some more than others. But you can't quantify that, and you can't blame someone who doesn't have the resources that some of us have to open the vault and buy everything we want. Just help everyone and that way we have continued competition every week, and some other teams can get better so we don't have to keep playing the same sorry-*** teams every day.
  • Options
    We won three leagues (1st place, Tier six) and received no awards ... Just give everyone something, it's still a band-aid on the whole problem. Key is, to fix this **** so it doesn't keep happening. I feel bad for those that spent a lot of real hard-earned money this weekend and lost it... That really sucks ***!!!!
  • Options
    FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
    That solution is about as useless as three free draft picks for a lot of players. I don't need any more prime players.

Give us all 10K in gold and that would stop 99% of the negative talk. Go over the top with customer service this time.
  • Options
    grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    This isn't a fair to the teams that busted their *** this weekend. I got screwed out of Lindor, Axford in one club and a 5 start 1st round pick for Axford in my other team. It isn't fair if everyone else gets a Prime or Legend box for not putting in as much effort as my teams and clubs. If Joe Smith spent 300 gold to finish 250th place while my teams spent over 30k gold this weekend, why should both of our teams get the exact same reward. I think this is an unfair idea.

Well it seems to be that it is a better option than no body getting anything! Giving away Legends does cost Glu because it is less that they would actually take in from people trying to win them or buy them through mystery boxes. That said, a lot of people did just throw away real money and in game resources this weekend for nothing in return, why shouldn't it hurt Glu's pocket book a bit to satisfy (most) of their customers. I put most in parenthesis because they just can't satisfy some people.
  • Options
    Chief NeedaBeerChief NeedaBeer Registered Users 19 Posts

I get where you are coming from, but there is really no realistic way to make it 100% fair for 100% of the players.

If you get all the gold you spent back plus a prime or legend player then you lost nothing. You still ended up with a great player and all your gold. In fact, you come out ahead.

This guys solution seems to be the most logical one that ensures nobody comes out with a loss. Sh*t happens man. Sometimes we have to suck it up and move on to the next round....if GLU makes this as right as they can.
  • Options
    Mo$tlyB@d wrote: »
    We all busted our asses Hosmer... Some more than others. But you can't quantify that, and you can't blame someone who doesn't have the resources that some of us have to open the vault and buy everything we want. Just help everyone and that way we have continued competition every week, and some other teams can get better so we don't have to keep playing the same sorry-*** teams every day.

You absolutely can quantify the gold aspect of it. You're not getting your time back that's for sure, but when people spend gold (whether bought or earned through videos) vs some guy just scoring 5000 points, it's not fair to give them the same prize of one legend box.

I have team members who collect alot of gold through watching videos...waste of time maybe but when they spend all of that vs someone who didnt put any effort at all, clearly not fair to give everyone equal legend box prizes.
  • Options
    I get where you are coming from, but there is really no realistic way to make it 100% fair for 100% of the players.

If you get all the gold you spent back plus a prime or legend player then you lost nothing. You still ended up with a great player and all your gold. In fact, you come out ahead.

This guys solution seems to be the most logical one that ensures nobody comes out with a loss. Sh*t happens man. Sometimes we have to suck it up and move on to the next round....if GLU makes this as right as they can.

You're right...you can't make it perfect for everyone so I see your point there. I rather have them go back and accurately reward people for what they put into the game over the weekend rather than put a big band aid on it.
  • Options
    You're right...you can't make it perfect for everyone so I see your point there. I rather have them go back and accurately reward people for what they put into the game over the weekend rather than put a big band aid on it.

That would be the best solution, but from a business standpoint I don't think it will happen. The amount of time it would take (labor cost) of going through all the players logs and comping each one versus a one size fits all solution, I just can't see them doing. On top of that they don't seem like they really give two sh*ts about "fairness" or good customer service so that has to be factored in as well.
  • Options
    gk08gk08 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    There is no way they go back and check every individual team or club to see what everyone spent individually. That would likely take way too much time and resources. The most likely scenario here will be some sort of generic rewards the same for each player regardless of what they spent this weekend. Although it may not be the best scenario its probably their only option. Lets just hope that whatever compensation they do give, its enough to satisfy everyone for the disaster thats been going on here for the last week (but i doubt it will come anywhere close to doing that)
  • Options
    You absolutely can quantify the gold aspect of it. You're not getting your time back that's for sure, but when people spend gold (whether bought or earned through videos) vs some guy just scoring 5000 points, it's not fair to give them the same prize of one legend box.

I have team members who collect alot of gold through watching videos...waste of time maybe but when they spend all of that vs someone who didnt put any effort at all, clearly not fair to give everyone equal legend box prizes.

The only way your guys are collecting "a lot" of gold through watching videos is by using the video exploit. So in all reality, they are cheating the system. Now, don't get me wrong, I got no issue with using it. Glu's prices are freakin' ridiculous for gold so we might as well use it. But it does take away your right to complain about what is "fair".