Just a thought... Do away with AUTO Playing games...

Mo$tlyB@dMo$tlyB@d Registered Users 42 Posts
I think if you did away with AUTO playing games, it would make this a much more fair game, and it would definitely ensure that the scores during events would be much more realistic, as opposed to crazy scores in the 100's of millions... It would make all of us HAVE TO PLAY our games and see who really can "TAP THE BUTTON" better...
If you don't play your game within a limited time period, the one with the higher score wins. But this AUTO play **** is for the birds... It's not only about who can play auto games faster, you can also lose with your Legends team to a computer generated, much lower quality team that should never happen. Especially if I have bought the $80 power upgrade for the entire team. Just saying!

Comments

• InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    **** that.
  • Chief NeedaBeerChief NeedaBeer Registered Users 19 Posts
    Mo$tlyB@d wrote: »
    I think if you did away with AUTO playing games, it would make this a much more fair game, and it would definitely ensure that the scores during events would be much more realistic, as opposed to crazy scores in the 100's of millions... It would make all of us HAVE TO PLAY our games and see who really can "TAP THE BUTTON" better...
    If you don't play your game within a limited time period, the one with the higher score wins. But this AUTO play **** is for the birds... It's not only about who can play auto games faster, you can also lose with your Legends team to a computer generated, much lower quality team that should never happen. Especially if I have bought the $80 power upgrade for the entire team. Just saying!

You have a button to tap? That's not fair, I want a button to tap!! Mine is just tap anywhere on the screen.

I'm kidding of course, and I do like your idea. I think the competitions would be a lot more fair. Right now it is 20% of the players have ridiculous teams and the rest are just window dressing to make the 20% look like Tap Gods.
  • Mo$tlyB@dMo$tlyB@d Registered Users 42 Posts
    **** that.

Yeah, God forbid we really had to play the game huh?
    Yeah, God forbid we had to really play the game huh??

lol I put up around 6mil points this past weekend and probably only played 5 innings. My joy comes from the competition and building dominant teams around good players. I understand your sentiment but yea, I like it the way it is. Furthermore once you get to about a 15-win streak the expiration timer resets to 4:59, you can't play 9-innings that quickly. They made this for auto play.
    lol I put up around 6mil points this past weekend and probably only played 5 innings. My joy comes from the competition and building dominant teams around good players. I understand your sentiment but yea, I like it the way it is. Furthermore once you get to about a 15-win streak the expiration timer resets to 4:59, you can't play 9-innings that quickly. They made this for auto play.

You're not competing when you are autoplaying. Anyone can spend money, or use the various gold glitches, to build up teams full of great players and then hit "autoplay" a thousand times in 2 days.

Are you scared of actually having to play against people? if your team is spectacular then you should still win all the time.
  • grantile123grantile123 Registered Users 304 Posts
    Love this idea!! Do away with auto play and win streak duration. That way you have the time to play the games and stop if you need to and pick up later right where you left off. There are a lot of people I am sure that would score lower and some that would have higher scores (respective to the fact that you can't possibly play as many games manually as you can on auto play) Swinging at the right pitch at the right time is the only real skill required to play this game. Think that it should be the deciding factor as to who wins what.

Also would be nice to keep your competition within a level or two higher or lower than your current rank. Really tired of losing to teams that are 5 levels higher than me. What is the point of the ranking system at this point?

AUTOPLAY is for pussies that don't want REAL competition... You might not play 400 games in one day, but that's the beauty of it... You will win (or lose) by playing a REAL person, not his team taken over by the computer... That's just crazy!
  • aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    Love this idea!! Do away with auto play and win streak duration. That way you have the time to play the games and stop if you need to and pick up later right where you left off. There are a lot of people I am sure that would score lower and some that would have higher scores (respective to the fact that you can't possibly play as many games manually as you can on auto play) Swinging at the right pitch at the right time is the only real skill required to play this game. Think that it should be the deciding factor as to who wins what.

No timer = No energy refresh = Lower gold sales. Glu wouldn't do that if we held a gun up to their head.
    You're not competing when you are autoplaying. Anyone can spend money, or use the various gold glitches, to build up teams full of great players and then hit "autoplay" a thousand times in 2 days.

Are you scared of actually having to play against people? if your team is spectacular then you should still win all the time.

You are correct Mr Bear!

There is no come-back or excuse you can give me to what I wrote above. It is fair and reasonable, for ALL parties...
    aTownDown wrote: »
    No timer = No energy refresh = Lower gold sales. Glu wouldn't do that if we held a gun up to their head.

The almighty dollar!!!!!
  • gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    The one problem is its almost impossible to play a game in the 5 minutes allowed, and if you face a team with a lot of legends and they score 10+runs they amount of time it would take to score all those runs your steak time will run out
    The one problem is its almost impossible to play a game in the 5 minutes allowed, and if you face a team with a lot of legends and they score 10+runs they amount of time it would take to score all those runs your steak time will run out

No time limit to play the game... Only a time limit for inactivity... If the opponent hasn't returned play in five minutes, it is a forfeit... No questions.
  • Slack2306Slack2306 Registered Users 9 Posts
    They've done this with the new Home Run Derby, for the most part at least.

Yes, fear is my primary motivator. I explained what the game means to me, building a team and seeing it put up 25+ points for me per game. Then I change around the roster to see what players help me most. That's what I enjoy. You remember the game GTA? Not everyone does the same things that you do. Some people bang virtual hookers, some people steal cars, some people do the objectives. To each their own. No need to bring up how scared I am of playing against others, that's just rude of you.
    Yes, fear is my primary motivator. I explained what the game means to me, building a team and seeing it put up 25+ points for me per game. Then I change around the roster to see what players help me most. That's what I enjoy. You remember the game GTA? Not everyone does the same things that you do. Some people bang virtual hookers, some people steal cars, some people do the objectives. To each their own. No need to bring up how scared I am of playing against others, that's just rude of you.

I call it like I see it brother. If that bothers you then maybe you need to take a look at yourself and ask why.
    I call it like I see it brother. If that bothers you then maybe you need to take a look at yourself and ask why.

You're right, after some internal reflection I realized that I am the one with the problem. Thank you.
    You're right, after some internal reflection I realized that I am the one with the problem. Thank you.

No worries. Now that you recognize the issue you can work to successfully correct it. I have faith in you and will be pulling for you. Let me know if you need any help.:cool:
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts

They would need to change the timer obviously, dear lord
    No worries. Now that you recognize the issue you can work to successfully correct it. I have faith in you and will be pulling for you. Let me know if you need any help.:cool:

You've done enough already.
  • aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts

I liked stealing cars and then getting a quickie in that stolen car.
  • BoomBabyBoomBoomBabyBoom Registered Users 47 Posts

I love this idea. Autoplay's ok, but I miss actually playing games as I did in Tap 15, before clubs and whatnot. I'm cool with it as is, but I think actually swinging the bat would be way more fun. As some have mentioned, though, it'd be far less lucrative for Glu, so fugetaboutit.
    You've done enough already.

Glad I could help. I look forward to seeing the new and improved you!
    I know I know... I was living in a dream world where everything is logical and makes sense...