Options

Quick question.

I offered a trade for Fransico Lindor. I sped up the process using gold and I got denied now I have to wait another day and a half. My question is Why do trades get denied? Also, is it a waste of gold to try and complete the trade again or am I better off waiting? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    PierreMcWienerPierreMcWiener Registered Users 23 Posts
    You are not guaranteed to have a trade go through even if you spend gold. All the gold does is speed up the timer. Some people will get it on the first try, others the 10th and some will try and try and not get him. It's a slot machine basically. Hate to be the barer of bad news but that is the reality
  • Options
    CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    I've heard over 30 times trying to get the player
  • Options
    FearlessJusticeFearlessJustice Registered Users 5 Posts
    Thanks for the help guys. I appriciate it. Guess Ill just let the timer run down and hope for the best befor the 9 days run out.
  • Options
    ZombieNation108ZombieNation108 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    My recommendation, not that this is by any means a solve all, but try putting a terrible player as your starting SS. If you read the trade "i" bubble, it mentions that the player is more likely to accept if it's favorable to them. So Lindor seeing an awful starting SS would be more likely to accept the trade knowing he would immediately become the starter.
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    Ive had two trades go through, both were for like 5 gold a piece. I wait until the very end, which is frustrating but is virtually free. I spent like 1000 gold once to try to get Nolan Arenado for some reason. Never worked. Let it tick down to 5 gold and tried it and it worked. There is some algorithm supposedly that guesses his demand among other things, and for what it's worth I couldn't get him until that Monday morning following a weekend event. But I dunno. I recommend not spending much/anything on it because it doesn't seem to help.
  • Options
    FearlessJusticeFearlessJustice Registered Users 5 Posts
    Thanks alot fellas I appreciate it greatly. Ill throw a garbage SS in there right before the ticker expires. Right now I have Eugenio Suarez.