These HR Derbies...

aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
I just lost 2 5k Battles in a row. Both times I had a higher rated slugger, both times I hit every single one into way deep right-center (those who play will know that type of hit), and yet I still lost. I'm not complaining or anything, just wondering how it was even possible for me to lose and what my opponent possibly did differently.

Comments

• InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    aTownDown wrote: »
    I just lost 2 5k Battles in a row. Both times I had a higher rated slugger, both times I hit every single one into way deep right-center (those who play will know that type of hit), and yet I still lost. I'm not complaining or anything, just wondering how it was even possible for me to lose and what my opponent possibly did differently.

More points for deeper HRs. Although if you had a better slugger I dunno how they'd accomplish that short of tapping it off the proper side of the foul pole each time.
  • zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    I just lost 2 5k Battles in a row.

Good thing everyone has unlimited gold now!
  • aTownDownaTownDown Registered Users 271 Posts
    More points for deeper HRs. Although if you had a better slugger I dunno how they'd accomplish that short of tapping it off the proper side of the foul pole each time.

Yeah I know, kind of weird if you ask me. I had 93 Encarnacion against 91 Rizzo, and then 89 Stanton against 85 Chris Young.
    zerohero99 wrote: »
    Good thing everyone has unlimited gold now!

I don't cheat sooooo!
    Yeah I know, kind of weird if you ask me. I had 93 Encarnacion against 91 Rizzo, and then 89 Stanton against 85 Chris Young.

I imagine anyone playing the 2.5K leagues knows how to hit HRs in the corner for maximum depth. Since the difference in slugger was so negligible I'm gonna assume they just had slightly better angles. Especially on the bonus ***** at the end. But I've only played a couple HRDs
    I imagine anyone playing the 2.5K leagues knows how to hit HRs in the corner for maximum depth. Since the difference in slugger was so negligible I'm gonna assume they just had slightly better angles. Especially on the bonus ***** at the end. But I've only played a couple HRDs

Guess I need to work on my $hit before I go out blowing gold on the 5k ones again.
  • zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    I imagine anyone playing the 2.5K leagues knows how to hit HRs in the corner for maximum depth.

Hitting in the corner doesnt give you maximum depth. Just the best chance of going over the shorter wall. Hitting to right center or left center depending on that side your slugger hits from will make the ball go further in terms of overall depth.
    zerohero99 wrote: »
    Hitting in the corner doesnt give you maximum depth. Just the best chance of going over the shorter wall. Hitting to right center or left center depending on that side your slugger hits from will make the ball go further in terms of overall depth.

Sounds reasonable. I've noticed I can hit it in the same direction but get two different depths. Not sure what is affecting that though.
  • AvocadoAvocado Registered Users 26 Posts

I've been having trouble today too, but just beat two people back to back that had 3.5 stars and I had a 2.5 star.
  • dixon6dixon6 Registered Users 160 Posts
    I'm 99% sure they have my long bat hack.
  • Dustis1232Dustis1232 Registered Users 45 Posts
    Long bat hack? Really?
  • AvocadoAvocado Registered Users 26 Posts
    dixon6 wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure they have my long bat hack.

Sometimes it's just as simple as good timing or the other person, for the lack of a better word, choking.
  • Slack2306Slack2306 Registered Users 9 Posts
    I find the pitching for some hitters is more consistent than it is for others. It doesn't necessarily get better with better hitters.