Options

Awful quiet from glu isn't it

Dustis1232Dustis1232 Registered Users 45 Posts
Seems to me that if u owned a company and promised something to my customers that I would want to control the damage and speak up as soon as it didn't happen. Hmmm mmmmmm

Comments

• Options
    AvocadoAvocado Registered Users 26 Posts
    Dustis1232 wrote: »
    Seems to me that if u owned a company and promised something to my customers that I would want to control the damage and speak up as soon as it didn't happen. Hmmm mmmmmm

It's 10pm at their HQ, they are real humans, who have families and are probably sleeping now. Cut them some slack, I am sure that they will address the situation tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    Jmdm1981Jmdm1981 Registered Users, Member 63 Posts
    Avocado wrote: »
    It's 10pm at their HQ, they are real humans, who have families and are probably sleeping now. Cut them some slack, I am sure that they will address the situation tomorrow morning.

They will address the issue in thevery morning? Lmfao. All themy idiots will do is make more excuses and lies because they are too dumb to figure out their own game
  • Options
    BoomBabyBoomBoomBabyBoom Registered Users 47 Posts
    Avocado, you're talking sense, and you're not wrong. Nonetheless, given their level of f*cking up in the last few days, it's not entirely unreasonable to expect that they'd throw someone some overtime to make sure their latest rollout worked out ok- out of not only respect for their customer base, but also a concern for the basic concept of doing good business. Not having anyone at the helm right now may not BE wrong, but it sure LOOKS wrong; it kinda looks like they don't give a rat's a*s. And really, I guess they don't. Their bottom line remains unaffected, I'm sure. Too bad; poor practices like this shouldn't go unpunished.
  • Options
    Dustis1232Dustis1232 Registered Users 45 Posts
    I don't think they are dumb. I think their best bet is to come up with some over the top package for everyone . I used to code. The best way to fix a problem in the code and keep something running is to go back to the version that worked and troubleshoot yhe new one offline in house. Just a thought.....
  • Options
    zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    I used to be the CIO at an internet company and I've also consulted and architected networks and systems of all sizes for organizations that have online presences. If your company is making money 24/7 you need to have support available 24/7 to resolve problems that come up. It's just the way it works. And when you have problems of the magnitude Glu has had over the past weeks you work overtime to resolve them.

It is VERY obvious that no one gives a sh*t.

The CEO of this company should be laying into the CIO and CTO and IT staff for allowing this to happen. Their jobs should literally be hanging in the balance.

Unfortunately Glu is reporting earnings tomorrow so that's all they care about at the moment.

I hope their stock takes a huge dive. If it spikes it is really time to short it before their next earnings call where this lost revenue is going to be reflected.
  • Options
    FiestaRedFiestaRed Registered Users, Member 97 Posts
    The CEO is probably laughing his *** off that we're still here.