Options

Lindor

theangrybuddhatheangrybuddha Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
I have never used the trading block except to trade inactives. How many tries does it take to get Lindor? Does throwing gold at him help?

Comments

• Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    I have never used the trading block except to trade inactives. How many tries does it take to get Lindor? Does throwing gold at him help?

Ive done two trades, both went through eventually. I WOULD NOT throw gold at them, no. I waited until the clock ticked down to 5 gold and 8 gold respectively and did it then. I had it accept 8 gold once after having refused 139 gold 4 times in a row. It was absurd. Maybe it adds up the 139 x 4 and I was 8 gold shy of 600 or something, I don't know. But my inclination at this point is to not throw more than 10 gold at any trade for any one attempt. Best of luck!
  • Options
    dingerdigerdingerdiger Registered Users 2 Posts
    Inserteamhere is correct. Wait till there is only couple hours left in the trade negotiations. The price keeps going down as the days go on. Put your worst player in the position of the player you are trading for (a 1 or 2 star). It will still take some gold to get them but not near as much as I have paid for some.
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Sometimes you'll get lucky and it will go through without spending any gold... I got Prime Chris Davis on the first attempt way back when. My first basemen at the time wasn't bad.
  • Options
    dingerdigerdingerdiger Registered Users 2 Posts
    Man that would be great Astro. I thought 1000 gold for Prime Pujols was great!
  • Options
    theangrybuddhatheangrybuddha Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Thanks guys it was a 1 day 7 hour negotiation each time but I got him on the 3rd try.
  • Options
    Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    Thanks for the info, good to know. If you have the players required why not just let the trade go through. It's pointless to frustrate the GM (us) by backing out and blocking the trade that was offered up in the first place.

What is the logic, am I missing something?
  • Options
    GariputoGariputo Registered Users 38 Posts
    Bballer14 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, good to know. If you have the players required why not just let the trade go through. It's pointless to frustrate the GM (us) by backing out and blocking the trade that was offered up in the first place.

What is the logic, am I missing something?

Despite you having spent the money to get the required players for the trade, they want you to spend even more to make sure the trade goes through. Next they'll add a feature where the player refuses the move after the deal has gone through but you can bribe him with gold.