Options

Trade Lindor (and others) for Prime Tex or Nah?

I have the trade pieces, just need to know if you all think I should trade him in. I really need the power, but the 8 hitting of Tex scares me.

My current shortstop is Prime Reyes, so I have Lindor in my DH slot. Lindor is raking, but has low power numbers. My team has basically all 9 hitters, but I am def lacking in the power dept., but am I worried that Tex is going to hit .230 for me due to the 8 hitting. I'm in expert bracket, but going to be auto promoted soon.

Anyone have advice here?

Comments

• Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Tex is 1 of the most useless Primes. Any Prime with 8 Hit is soup.

Don't waste your time with Tex Prime.
  • Options
    Cr00kxCr00kx Registered Users 90 Posts
    Tex is good if u dont have a better prime hes a seitch hitter so he wont have low batting average i have chris davis 8.10 and hes battin over .300
  • Options
    DimePieceSlayersDimePieceSlayers Registered Users 27 Posts
    Anybody on Ace level and above have an opinion here? Don't want to spend the gold on getting Tex if he is going to hit .250. TBatti says no, which respect as he posts a bunch and seems to have a good handle on the players in upper levels. Anyone else?
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Once you get in a good club you can just win him or another 1B in a Prime event on the weekend. Oh wait they still haven't paid out last weekends rewards. Maybe see if that happens first.
  • Options
    YohYdoUcryYohYdoUcry Registered Users 32 Posts
    If you do not NEED him than why waste the gold. If you are looking for more power and could use him, than it can't hurt to start the trade and let it run its course. That way you've lost nothing either way. I had Prime Prince with the same hitting numbers and he did suprisingly well for my team. Tex being a switch (as mentioned) should have better numbers. Of course I stopped using Prince with the arrival of the legend pitchers.
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Who's your current 1st basemen? Or would Tex be your DH?

Having a guy who will hit a homer every 4-5 at bats is pretty good.
  • Options
    DimePieceSlayersDimePieceSlayers Registered Users 27 Posts
    I have votto at first
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    Don't waste Lindor. A 9 hitter plus two other guys for an 8 hitter is a waste. There are other factors but even Glu's FAQ will tell you to not always seek the trade because sometimes it won't be worthwhile.
  • Options
    Uw10Uw10 Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    I'm a legend status...so my opinion is don't get him....unless u need a good backup...hitting does matter most but the game does ttake fielding into act somewhat