Who should go where for closers?

Fotor_Created.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Dustis1232Dustis1232 Registered Users 45 Posts
    Soria closer axford setup
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Get rid of 7 and 8 stuff RP. Ignore stars.
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    What he said NP. Tolleson blows. You don't need a LR.

Even 4-stars with 9 stuff do better... I have Ziegler and Betances who tear it up.
  • Options
    ThbeabThbeab Registered Users 14 Posts
    How the hell did you get so many ace closers? Highest P I can get is a 4 star. And my two "closers" are both 9-1-8 and tend to give up stuff a 4 star pitcher really shouldn't. Seems like maybe y'all know more about this game so figured I'd ask even though I don't really expect much..
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Thbeab wrote: »
    How the hell did you get so many ace closers? Highest P I can get is a 4 star. And my two "closers" are both 9-1-8 and tend to give up stuff a 4 star pitcher really shouldn't. Seems like maybe y'all know more about this game so figured I'd ask even though I don't really expect much..

He got Axford and Soria through trades/events. It's random as hell... On one of my accounts I got 5-star Wade Davis my first week of playing. And haven't gotten anything but 4-stars since... My other account, I have guys like Will Harris and Craig Kimbrel on my bench. It's all luck. More #1 picks you open every week, the better your chances are.
  • Options
    Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    "stuff" rating is ALL that matters. if you look at all of your relief pitchers ERA's the guys with a stuff of 9 will bhe lower than anyone else regardless of their STARS
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • Options
    Dustis1232Dustis1232 Registered Users 45 Posts
    He's right. I got rich hill and max scherzer opening #1 draft picks in the first week I started playing. Been playing 3 months still don't have another 5 star pitcher
  • Options
    23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    Agree with the 9 stuff. I do find it usefull to have a LR for autoplaying though, or your RP2 will take an unnecessary beating
  • Options
    np23np23 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Thanks I put Ax at SM and added 9 1 9 Chapman to RP1
  • Options
    np23np23 Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Does it matter that I am at Grand Master level?
  • Options
    Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    Agree with the 9 stuff. I do find it usefull to have a LR for autoplaying though, or your RP2 will take an unnecessary beating

yes but hard to get a hold of a GOOD LR
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • Options
    23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    yes but hard to get a hold of a GOOD LR
    That is definitely true
  • Options
    theangrybuddhatheangrybuddha Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    np23 wrote: »
    Thanks I put Ax at SM and added 9 1 9 Chapman to RP1

i am at the lowly all-star level where everyone is 4 stars rating and Chapman 9 1 9 is awful for me. He either blows saves with lots of walks or straight out somehow gives up 5 runs.