Options

For Those Asking About Legend Pitchers

PamajPamaj Registered Users 39 Posts
TLDR: YOU'RE SCREWED

As some of you remember, there were legend pitchers available in the legend box for a limited amount of time a month or two ago. That has however passed, and we haven't seen those pitchers since then.

Sadly, if you didn't get any of those pitchers, then your chances of getting a legend pitcher now if next to none.

When you look at what could be inside the legend boxes, you will see one legend at the top. Whatever player that is, there are THE ONLY player you can get in that box until you actually get them. Once you get that legend, another legend will pop up and so on and so forth. Unfortunately for us, there are over 50 consecutive legend position players in those mystery boxes. This means that you will have to acquire EVERY SINGLE position player legend through the mystery box or fan rewards if you want to get one of these legend pitchers. It's virtually impossible. The worst part is, if you accidentally save over one of these legends with another player, that legend will be placed back into the pool and you will have to claim him AGAIN.

For those of you who are curious, here's a list of known legend pitchers that we will NEVER be able to acquire since Glu thought it would be funny to make us get every single position player legend before we can even touch the pitchers:

Nolan Ryan: 12/7/2
Orel Herschiser: 10/11/12
Phil Niekro: 6/11/11
Gaylord Perry: 9/11/11
Roy Oswald: 8/12/11
Vida Blue: 12/10/10
Tommy John: 8/12/10
Tom Seaver: 11/12/12
Bert Blyleven: 9/12/10
Catfish Hunter: 12/12/11
Don L****n: 9/11/10
Juan Marichal: 10/12/12
Dennis Martinez: 10/11/11
Mark Mulder: 10/11/10
Don Newcombe: 9/12/11
Joe Niekro: 6/11/11
Jerry Reuss: 10/12/11
Dave Righetti: 10/10/11
Jon Garland: 8/12/9
Jason Grimsley: 10/11/9
Mike Krawkow: 8/11/8
Derek Lowe: 9/12/9
Jack Morris: 11/10/9

Earl Gagne is in here somewhere with 12/9/12

Thanks for reading, I'd like to give credit to my source in Robots who somehow was able to get all of these guys "fairly".

Comments

• Options
    BRYAN323BRYAN323 Registered Users 27 Posts
    You can't say Don L****n on on here?
  • Options
    OminouslyOminously Registered Users, Member 75 Posts
    So there will never be pitchers offered in legend rewards boxes again?
  • Options
    Ominously wrote: »
    So there will never be pitchers offered in legend rewards boxes again?

The pitchers are in the reward boxes, you just have to collect all the position players before you'll be able to get them!
    I don'
  • Options
    That would cost like 3 grand. Yikes
  • Options
    zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    Thank you for the information but this post is confusing to me.

There are 30 inactive spots available total between pitchers and batters.

There are 13 total position players available when you include DH and three subs.

This means that even if you had all legend position players the most you could have is 43.

You are saying there are 50 position players (although I have heard the number is 46).

If this is the case - and it is also the case that once you get rid of players they are recycled in the rewards - then how is it ever possible to obtain enough legend position players to move to the pitchers?

The numbers don't seem to add up...
  • Options
    zerohero99 wrote: »
    Thank you for the information but this post is confusing to me.

There are 30 inactive spots available total between pitchers and batters.

There are 13 total position players available when you include DH and three subs.

This means that even if you had all legend position players the most you could have is 43.

You are saying there are 50 position players (although I have heard the number is 46).

If this is the case - and it is also the case that once you get rid of players they are recycled in the rewards - then how is it ever possible to obtain enough legend position players to move to the pitchers?

The numbers don't seem to add up...

So my dude got back to me and said he had 58 position player legends total. I'll make a list of them later once I get the screenshots if you'd like. I'm not sure how it would work either, but it somehow works out considering people have gotten to the pitchers.
  • Options
    Uw10Uw10 Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    Do u have the list of all the position players that are legends
  • Options
    Mo$tlyB@dMo$tlyB@d Registered Users 42 Posts
    "Fairly" .... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    I don't care what anyone says, if you have a whole team of legends, you did not come about it FAIRLY. I have no problem with taking advantage of the "loopholes" and glitches that were available at the time. Just stop blowing smoke of my @$$ by telling me that you spent all the many hundreds of thousands of real dollars to get all of your team upgrades to 20, every legend position player and pitcher, and the thousands of gold dollars necessary to buy your club BOOSTS for every event. GLU just needs to re-instate every team that they put in "GLU JAIL" so that the same teams that you somehow missed detecting can have competition. Besides, exploiting a "Glitch" in your software is not cheating, we had to spend real money to take advantage of your "Glitch" anyway. Next time, create a software that has no possible way of exploitation, and maybe, just maybe, we'll see reasonable scores and more teams able to win weekend events, as you say, "FAIRLY".
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Mo$tlyB@d wrote: »
    I don't care what anyone says, if you have a whole team of legends, you did not come about it FAIRLY. I have no problem with taking advantage of the "loopholes" and glitches that were available at the time. Just stop blowing smoke of my @$$ by telling me that you spent all the many hundreds of thousands of real dollars to get all of your team upgrades to 20, every legend position player and pitcher, and the thousands of gold dollars necessary to buy your club BOOSTS for every event. GLU just needs to re-instate every team that they put in "GLU JAIL" so that the same teams that you somehow missed detecting can have competition. Besides, exploiting a "Glitch" in your software is not cheating, we had to spend real money to take advantage of your "Glitch" anyway. Next time, create a software that has no possible way of exploitation, and maybe, just maybe, we'll see reasonable scores and more teams able to win weekend events, as you say, "FAIRLY".

To me it seems like a relatively easy fix. Glu could take all teams that have 10+ (number could be decided later) legends and have their own division and they would only play each other. They have separate gold leagues and everything. These teams would also be eliminated from the pool that "regular" teams have to play against during the club events. That would make it so the "steroid era" teams don't end the streaks of "regular" teams
  • Options
    rasinrasin Registered Users 77 Posts
    To me it seems like a relatively easy fix. Glu could take all teams that have 10+ (number could be decided later) legends and have their own division and they would only play each other. They have separate gold leagues and everything. These teams would also be eliminated from the pool that "regular" teams have to play against during the club events. That would make it so the "steroid era" teams don't end the streaks of "regular" teams

You don't need an EPIC team to end your streak. A 5 star or prime team can easily defeat you in weekend events.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    rasin wrote: »
    You don't need an EPIC team to end your streak. A 5 star or prime team can easily defeat you in weekend events.

Of course any team can even one you greatly outrank. An all legend team is just more likely to beat you even with the +4 boost. Plus a 5* team made up of mostly prime/5* players with 2-3 legends can realistically be obtained legitimately, with just a bit of luck, winning a few weekend events and spending moderately. A team of 10+ legends likely was not obtained legitimately. But since GLU has no real way of telling this is the best possible solution. They already have this to some degree with the auto promotion. This would just be a new auto promotion level.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if there really won't be any pitchers in legend boxes again? I find that hard to believe.
  • Options

I could go for that Cubs... At least we could still play... And those that don't have any Legends should never see a game against those teams...
  • Options
    zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    Pamaj wrote: »
    So my dude got back to me and said he had 58 position player legends total. I'll make a list of them later once I get the screenshots if you'd like. I'm not sure how it would work either, but it somehow works out considering people have gotten to the pitchers.

Sounds like this guy has found an unlimited lineup glitch.

I am pretty sure most who have legend pitchers bought them via legend boxes during the 48 hours they were available. Unfortunately most people did not realize this was the only time it would be possible. But fortunately for some, the endorsement glitch was already working at this time so those that realized they had unlimited gold used it as they should.
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    stay ahead of the curve is the answer I guess................