Options

Advice needed

steelballsteelball Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
Sorry if it is a repetitive thread. New to the forum. I am trying build roster both hitting and pitching. Currently saving gold to use for fan rewards players. Is it best to spend gold in one area over another (#1 multi-draft, mystery boxes, free agents). Earning and saving gold is a slow process as well. Any advise would be welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    Don't waste it on draft picks or boxes. Upgrade first especially pitching
  • Options
    I've been upgrading as I go but I think the talent on my roster is sub-par. I was hoping to pick up more 5 star or prime players through fan rewards but I have to spend gold somewhere. So I was hoping someone could steer me in the direction of most potential. Thank you for advice
  • Options
    NewyorkerNewyorker Registered Users 23 Posts
    Cheeseman wrote: »
    Don't waste it on draft picks or boxes. Upgrade first especially pitching

I agree definitley try to upgrade on your starting rotation and bullpen..they'll keep you in games but cheeseman how is he supposed to do that without using draft picks?
  • Options
    23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    Ive had good luck with the 5 #1 picks. It seems like every other time I do it, it gives me what I need.
  • Options
    I believe Cheeseman was referring to the team upgrade area where u can use cash/gold to upgrade desired areas. I just don't my players are rated high enough for upgrades to be effective.
  • Options
    NewyorkerNewyorker Registered Users 23 Posts
    steelball wrote: »
    Sorry if it is a repetitive thread. New to the forum. I am trying build roster both hitting and pitching. Currently saving gold to use for fan rewards players. Is it best to spend gold in one area over another (#1 multi-draft, mystery boxes, free agents). Earning and saving gold is a slow process as well. Any advise would be welcome. Thanks

also a thing that i think is sometimes overlooked is how important it is to spend cash on your upgrades(pitching, hitting, fielding) especially infield/outfield hands because you will save a ton of runs simply by being sure handed in the field.
  • Options
    Ive had good luck with the 5 #1 picks. It seems like every other time I do it, it gives me what I need.

Thank u. It takes me quite a while to save enough gold for fan rewards so I was just hoping to be more efficient w spending.
  • Options
    Newyorker wrote: »
    also a thing that i think is sometimes overlooked is how important it is to spend cash on your upgrades(pitching, hitting, fielding) especially infield/outfield hands because you will save a ton of runs simply by being sure handed in the field.

I agree w that.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts

I would first focus on using cash for upgrades and save your gold. Eventually you won't be able to use cash for upgrades (after level 15). DON'T USE ANY GOLD UNTIL THAT POINT. Then when you have 35k in gold use that during fan rewards to get a prime and legend. To upgrade your roster try and find a solid club. With a good club consistently finishing top 10 in weekend events you can get 10+ 1# draft picks in a week. That should help you get you some decent help. This might take longer but its the best way to build a top end roster long term.
  • Options
    I would first focus on using cash for upgrades and save your gold. Eventually you won't be able to use cash for upgrades (after level 15). DON'T USE ANY GOLD UNTIL THAT POINT. Then when you have 35k in gold use that during fan rewards to get a prime and legend. To upgrade your roster try and find a solid club. With a good club consistently finishing top 10 in weekend events you can get 10+ 1# draft picks in a week. That should help you get you some decent help. This might take longer but its the best way to build a top end roster long term.

Thanks. Might take me a while to save 35K but I'll give it a shot. It's hard to get on a club with good success rates. My current club hovers around top 25 depending on participation. When u do spend gold, where do u spend it?
  • Options
    Habs31Habs31 Registered Users 22 Posts

I use most of my gold on weekend event to revive my energy. But definitely use it on weekends. Worth lots more. And I did use it on Multi Draft when first started, but not all of it.
    Use the cash to do your team upgrades until gold is a must.
  • Options
    Habs31 wrote: »
    I use most of my gold on weekend event to revive my energy. But definitely use it on weekends. Worth lots more. And I did use it on Multi Draft when first started, but not all of it.
    Use the cash to do your team upgrades until gold is a must.

Thanks. Wish there a quicker and easier way to earn gold.
  • Options
    Appreciate all the responses. Gonna try to save up to 35K for fan rewards. My current team is getting pounded. Time to upgrade.