Options

Fantastic Game, but you folks...

OldTimerOldTimer Registered Users 3 Posts
My first time on the forum. I was registering to state what a great game and how much fun it is to play. My son and I both enjoy it along with my grandson. It is a well conceived game and probably developed well. I've been a coach/Teacher for almost 30 years. I know the nature of people and the bent to get by easy... that's part of life.
The amount of witch hunting allowed on this forum and the open posting of ways to cheat is appalling. Certainly there should be better policing of items prior to post. The gall of someone to link to another site to post other team names and accuse them of cheating, without any proof, is beyond me. Certainly should also be below most of you. This type behavior is exactly what happened when citizens in society were burned for being "witches".
Have we not moved beyond this type behavior in our society? That a silly game would cause such accusations, we would become some sort of self ordained enforcer of the rules, to a game!
I realize my age has much to do with perspective. My advice is to wait until you have more wisdom, more life experience, and more common sense before participating in witch hunting of any kind. Your behavior results in the bashing of people who aren't like yourselves. You will eventually attack people over race, gender, and personal preferences that doesn't match yours. Beware, it's where you're headed, but you just can't see it yet.

Comments

• Options
    CraigyCraigy Registered Users 146 Posts
    The prices are ridiculous, thats why so many people cheat
  • Options
    tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    and then people think they are helping by posting them but it only helps Glu stick it to us more.
  • Options
    I can see how you both are correct...
  • Options
    dirtball11dirtball11 Registered Users 21 Posts
    OldTimer wrote: »
    I can see how you both are correct...

So, I disagree its 'gall'. There are some basic logic that goes into things, and while I admit some people generally post about cheaters because they dont spend money, and others do, there is an OVERWHELMINGLY increase in all legend batting teams. Now, you can specifically target cheaters if they have full legend (batters AND pitching as well as relief). Why? Because of the sheer amount of money 1 person would have to spend to achieve that, its statistically impossible for MANY people to have those teams. The far more likely reason is they are doing the various cheats that are readily available. That alone is reason to pretty much post all teams that are full legend. If they aren't cheating, oopsiedaisy. But again, theres a much much better chance that they are.

Its just absurd how long this is going on, and how such an obvious easy fix that it almost proves also that Glu gives 2 F's.
  • Options
    dirtball11 wrote: »
    So, I disagree its 'gall'. There are some basic logic that goes into things, and while I admit some people generally post about cheaters because they dont spend money, and others do, there is an OVERWHELMINGLY increase in all legend batting teams. Now, you can specifically target cheaters if they have full legend (batters AND pitching as well as relief). Why? Because of the sheer amount of money 1 person would have to spend to achieve that, its statistically impossible for MANY people to have those teams. The far more likely reason is they are doing the various cheats that are readily available. That alone is reason to pretty much post all teams that are full legend. If they aren't cheating, oopsiedaisy. But again, theres a much much better chance that they are.

Its just absurd how long this is going on, and how such an obvious easy fix that it almost proves also that Glu gives 2 F's.

Alright, let's for the sake of useless argument say everything you stated is true. IF, that was the case and your 'basic logic' was correct and your callous oopsiedaisy allowed... We have now reached your conclusion that there no legal teams with legends roster. So are we all being totally duped by thinking we can build the best team in the game? Those that have tried in legal ways and succeeded are now merely cheaters and if we're wrong by calling you one and placing your team on some list (without proof), you're saying oops my bad???
    Let's imagine life that way. If accused of a crime your now guilty. If that merits prison time or hanging we just do it. (Without proof) if we're wrong and did this without you deserving it, 'oopsiedaisy' our bad.

"you stated glu doesn't care" as the legal owner of this game, if they don't care why would you or this pauloneil character. Who made you the Glu game savior? If you no longer like the game, just quit. Leave with dignity, not this way of showing such flawed character to the world.
    placing some list accomplishes nothing...what are people going to do forfeit the games with these teams? This is useless activity that does nothing but create more jealousy and hate. No need to spread hate, it does quite well on its own.

im sure these things weren't thought through completely, and that's fine...but let it go. Hold your head high as the only legal team in the game and delete the APP.
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    I play this game constantly. Daily. For hours. I've only faced a couple of "all legend teams". And it's rarely that big of an impediment. I have a couple of buddies who have teams like that who abused the system to get there, both of them pretty much quit the game after building the teams. Most games get boring once you have "god mode and unlimited ammo" so to speak. I still enjoy this game quite a bit.
  • Options
    YohYdoUcryYohYdoUcry Registered Users 32 Posts
    I play this game constantly. Daily. For hours. I've only faced a couple of "all legend teams". And it's rarely that big of an impediment. I have a couple of buddies who have teams like that who abused the system to get there, both of them pretty much quit the game after building the teams. Most games get boring once you have "god mode and unlimited ammo" so to speak. I still enjoy this game quite a bit.
    I would love to know what time of day that you are playing! I have a team in the grandmaster rank and after 15 wins I am faced with teams that are nothing but legends. (Several) I also have a team that is in the veteran league that once I reach a win streak of over 20 I am facing some of the same teams. I started a game with one such team and the fella was in the all-pro division. Now I understand how that is possible, but I do not see exactly how Glu deems it fit that a veteran team should have to square off against a team ranked that much higher, regardless of who is on the roster.
  • Options
    YohYdoUcry wrote: »
    I would love to know what time of day that you are playing! I have a team in the grandmaster rank and after 15 wins I am faced with teams that are nothing but legends. (Several) I also have a team that is in the veteran league that once I reach a win streak of over 20 I am facing some of the same teams. I started a game with one such team and the fella was in the all-pro division. Now I understand how that is possible, but I do not see exactly how Glu deems it fit that a veteran team should have to square off against a team ranked that much higher, regardless of who is on the roster.

On weekends I tend to play in the evenings until maybe 2 AM or so, but I don't think that affects my competition as I'm basically just playing the AI version of other folks teams. My highest divisions team is Expert. The rest are star/allstar. I make a point to forfeit playoff games to avoid higher divisions. It's necessary to avoid the types of shenanigans being discussed here. My goal with each team is to make a team so dominant that when it is auto-promoted it is still above average. I started doing this.. Create new team > immediately grab collection player freebie > spend gold on the weekly 75GOLD 1st round picks > spend cash on upgrades > if I get bad picks I just register the team to a made up email address and never log in again. After about ten tries I ended up getting some really good picks from the start. Then I play the weekly events with my normal teams and get to tier 6. I switch the new team in for the veteran tea so the new team gets to picks/gold it needs. You can figure out the rest but this has even a winning strategy for getting an early jump on the competition. This makes the weekend events much easier to manage.

Lastly, yes sometimes you'll hit a wall against prime-heavy teams. I usually try playing them 3-4 times max with my Ace pitcher and with a +4 boost and use a franchise coin. If that doesn't do it I'll start my streak over rather than wasting time.
  • Options
    Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
    Good info, thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    What do you mean switch new team with old team?? If I have multiple teams can I transfer the picks?
  • Options
    FlyingwsFlyingws Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    That's what I'm thinking, I have 2 teams one with Google and one with Facebook and they're exactly that 2 separate teams
  • Options
    Bigger and betterBigger and better Registered Users 31 Posts
    On weekends I tend to play in the evenings until maybe 2 AM or so, but I don't think that affects my competition as I'm basically just playing the AI version of other folks teams. My highest divisions team is Expert. The rest are star/allstar. I make a point to forfeit playoff games to avoid higher divisions. It's necessary to avoid the types of shenanigans being discussed here. My goal with each team is to make a team so dominant that when it is auto-promoted it is still above average. I started doing this.. Create new team > immediately grab collection player freebie > spend gold on the weekly 75GOLD 1st round picks > spend cash on upgrades > if I get bad picks I just register the team to a made up email address and never log in again. After about ten tries I ended up getting some really good picks from the start. Then I play the weekly events with my normal teams and get to tier 6. I switch the new team in for the veteran tea so the new team gets to picks/gold it needs. You can figure out the rest but this has even a winning strategy for getting an early jump on the competition. This makes the weekend events much easier to manage.

Lastly, yes sometimes you'll hit a wall against prime-heavy teams. I usually try playing them 3-4 times max with my Ace pitcher and with a +4 boost and use a franchise coin. If that doesn't do it I'll start my streak over rather than wasting time.

insertmehere. Left you a PM
  • Options
    No, can't exchange anything between teams. What I do is play a bunch with a veteran team then invite the newbie team to my club, leave with vet team, join with newbie team. Then event ends and newbie team gets to collect.