Beaten by much lesser teams

LCA11563LCA11563 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
How can a team 5 grades lower than mine, fielding players that wouldn't even make my inactive list beat me? I got 3 hit by a pitcher that was 2.5 stars. How??

Comments

• LCA11563LCA11563 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Nobody else has had this happen? I've gotten my *** kicked by superior teams, and split with equal teams.
  • theangrybuddhatheangrybuddha Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    That's how it works. You autoplay, you lose unpredictably. Hopefully your offense is not power-based, but hitting based. That will help.
    Nobody else has had this happen? I've gotten my *** kicked by superior teams, and split with equal teams.
  • BigbeastmodeBigbeastmode Registered Users 8 Posts
    Yes it happens to me a lot, and I have tried a better hitting lineup vs power. It doesn't matter. The win/loss results in the software makes no sense. I got iTunes to refund a grip of money when I found out about the rampant cheating and I will not spend another dime on this game. Reminds me of slot machines, they design it to frustrate you into spending money. No thanks GLU
    I hear that
    Not even auto play. Played a friend. I should have beaten him badly. He beat me 3-2. Every time I play a vastly superior team, I get abused. I don't get it. Frustrating.
  • zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    LCA11563 wrote: »
    Not even auto play. Played a friend. I should have beaten him badly. He beat me 3-2. Every time I play a vastly superior team, I get abused. I don't get it. Frustrating.

Must not be very good.
  • detroithrslugdetroithrslug Registered Users 93 Posts
    yeah i mean if u r playing a friend and not auto playing, u cant really complain. When ur not auto playing part of it has to do with how good ur team is, but most of it has to do with how good u r playing the game itself. Losing to a team that is far better than u is a predictable outcome anyway. if he has a vastly superior team, why should u have beaten him badly? None of what you are saying really makes any sense.
  • bootopiabootopia Registered Users 114 Posts
    yeah i mean if u r playing a friend and not auto playing, u cant really complain. When ur not auto playing part of it has to do with how good ur team is, but most of it has to do with how good u r playing the game itself. Losing to a team that is far better than u is a predictable outcome anyway. if he has a vastly superior team, why should u have beaten him badly? None of what you are saying really makes any sense.

I think he's confusing superior with inferior lol.
  • AJD804AJD804 Registered Users 15 Posts
    It's baseball. Even the really bad teams win 40% of their games. What really ****es me off is when I buy a franchise OF and they substitute my much better player instead of one of the lesser two I have. Or when the auto play decides to use a sub and takes out your 3 or 4 hitter
  • detroithrslugdetroithrslug Registered Users 93 Posts
    i think u may be onto something bootopia lol
  • InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    Fwiw, I play a lot and find the chances of winning to be normal. I auto play mostly. If I'm ranked ahead I win consistently 70% of the time. When it's equally matched I win about 50% of the time. When I'm the lesser team I use franchise coins and boosts. There is certainly a randomness factor to the competition. Also of note: I used to lose a lot because I hadn't yet upgraded infield & outfield hands; I noticed a lot of 5-10 run innings against me due to errors. I'm level 13 on both of those stats now and rarely commit errors. I also upgrade the catchers arm to prevent base stealing. Lastly I change my strats and play like 15 games to see what difference it makes. Absolutely key strategy is to switch the hitting strategy to VsLeft&Right or whatever, that greatly improved my scoring. Also set bunting to rare and on my faster teams I turn up stealing percentage then watch my stats to see how often they're getting caught stealing.

Theres been a lot of talk of cheating lately, but many of us play without any kind of crazy cheats and are able to win a lot. Those that I know of who have all legend teams are very highly ranked. I recommend trying not to win playoff games. Eventually it will automatically move you to the next level and the competition gets harder.
    No, I have a superior team. My point was that when I play above my head, I lose.There isn't a guy in my lineup the hits under .360, but could get nothing going against his lesser team.
  • ZombieNation108ZombieNation108 Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Guys, have you ever played a friend and when your team is way better it asks you if you want to enable the handicap feature before starting the game to make it more even? The system has this feature built in to automatically enable when you're playing lesser teams. I'm on amateur level and have a 5 star pitcher and he gets destroyed constantly, but when my 2 star pitcher goes at the same level, I absolutely crush the other team. The reason is that when the 2 star pitcher goes, the handicap feature is not in play.
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • FlyingwsFlyingws Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    You could be on to something