Pitching Legends in Fan Rewards?

OminouslyOminously Registered Users, Member 75 Posts
How come there are never any legend pitchers during fan rewards? All I ever see are position players like Reggie Jackson, Brett Boone or Jim Rice. Been waiting for a pitcher for a while now, so I can compete against teams that somehow have a legend pitcher.

Comments

• BigD51BigD51 Registered Users 25 Posts
    I have asked the same thing. Even have asked if Pitchers could be available via Franchise Player Coins. Bottled responses every time.
  • OminouslyOminously Registered Users, Member 75 Posts
    I Dont have the gold to go beyond the first legend tier I have around 35,000 gold saved. Can't afford to spend 100,000 plus in gold hoping another tier has a legend pitcher.
  • astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I believe someone said there was legend Peavy at tier 8 or 9.... 55k gold spent.
  • zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    Peavy is not a legend. He's just a prime.
    Its almost impossible to beat a legend pitcher with an arm speed of 12 when you don't have one.
  • Rick certaRick certa Registered Users, Member 43 Posts
    When did you offer marichal
  • Bigger and betterBigger and better Registered Users 31 Posts
    Has there ever been a legend third baseman offered ?
  • PauloNeilPauloNeil Registered Users 11 Posts

Wade Boggs
  • BenRoy69BenRoy69 Registered Users 51 Posts
    George Brett and Harmon Killebrew
  • Bigger and betterBigger and better Registered Users 31 Posts
    BenRoy69 wrote: »
    George Brett and Harmon Killebrew

I have never been offered a legend 3rd baseman in fan rewards. I have been waiting to purchase one since the first week.
    Are legend players offered for a limited time only?
  • UmmanUmman Registered Users 20 Posts
    There are legend pitchers. Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, and forget the other .
    I've never seen them offered in tier 7 for 35000 in gold. I dont have enough money or gold to go beyond 35000 gold, would love to get a legend though since everyone else in the Master level seems to have them some how and I can't compete.
  • Trainer BlueTrainer Blue Registered Users 41 Posts
    Umman wrote: »
    There are legend pitchers. Nolan Ryan, Tom Seaver, and forget the other .

Vida Blue is one they offer. There are more, too.
  • CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    I haven't seen them offered yet in the fan rewards either. Someone had said you could only get them thru the legends boxes. Hope that's not true.
  • JbsherrJbsherr Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Ominously wrote: »
    I've never seen them offered in tier 7 for 35000 in gold. I dont have enough money or gold to go beyond 35000 gold, would love to get a legend though since everyone else in the Master level seems to have them some how and I can't compete.

They were offered in the legend boxes over a month ago. It was all pitchers instead of hitters that how they have them. The last two legend boxes have been hitters. They do offer prime pitchers in the extended tiers on fan rewards (55k) but no legend pitchers. The boxes expire in a few days and I'm curious to see if they offer any legend pitches again.
    I've seen pitchers in the legend box but I Dont really want to risk 35,000 in gold and come away with 10 4 star players and cash. I imagine its quite difficult to win the legend from the legend box.
  • JbsherrJbsherr Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    I've seen pitchers in the legend box but I Dont really want to risk 35,000 in gold and come away with 10 4 star players and cash. I imagine its quite difficult to win the legend from the legend box.

I Understand completely but just saying thats where they came from. Been playing this game for over two years (LY's version included) never have they offered a legend pitcher for fan rewards the best I can remember. So I don't think it will change now. Legend boxes are a complete gamble but if you're going to spend 35k on fan rewards and you don't need any upgrades then burn it up by selecting legend boxes. I have an all legend pitching rotation with that approach. Not that I'm bragging, I'm just saying it can be done and sometimes you actually pull a legend from the box.
    Well if pitchers are offered in reward boxes again I will give it a shot during fan rewards weekend. Worst that can happen is I will spend 35,000 in gold and end up with some players along the way.
    George Brett is this weeks reward legend think I'll go for him and open some legend boxes along the way, hopefully I will come away with two legends.
  • SportybasesSportybases Registered Users 35 Posts
    they may want you to save your gold and use the hr derby glitch to get free legends and primes. Only time will tell
    Managed to spend 18,000 in gold to get Ted Williams from the legends box. Used the rest on upgrades to get George Brett
  • Lt808crewLt808crew Registered Users 8 Posts
    I've seen Jerry ruess, tom Seaver, Juan marchial, Nolan Ryan, Orel hershiser only on the guys from robots proscouts after I've gotten on a 30 game win streak
    I see the picthing legends as well. The problem is actually obtaining them. Where are they??
  • Devildoc87Devildoc87 Registered Users 144 Posts
    I see the picthing legends as well. The problem is actually obtaining them. Where are they??

They are in the legend boxes. You have to obtain every single legend position player first ( Roughly 55 i think or somewhere around there). Only then will the pitchers start to appear
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Its almost impossible to beat a legend pitcher with an arm speed of 12 when you don't have one.

Arm speed doesn't mean anything. It's the 12 stuff that matters