Options

Might Be My Breaking Point...

So I've enjoyed Tap Sports Baseball 2016. I was introduced to the game this year by my co-workers and I've been addicted since downloading it in late April. Even so much that I've actually put real money into the game which I've never done or thought in my right mind id do for a mobile game.

However, today I might have met my breaking point. I understand that the odds of landing a Legend from the Legends Mystery Box should be super rare. I also understand that landing a Prime stud like Peavy from the Prime box should be rare. That is until today... Today I realized that i might be fooling myself thinking that anything in this game is set up fairly. Why you ask? Because I just spent enough Gold to get Legendary 3B George Brett from the Fan Rewards, but out of 52 Prime Boxes I didn't get Peavy.

52 Boxes!!! $350 of real world money value... No Peavy... I was content with keeping 9-9-9 David Wright or shooting for 9-10-4 Machado at 3rd if I got Peavy. I need pitching, and since Legendary pitchers never come up in Fan Rewards I thought Prime Peavy was surely obtainable through the Prime Box assuming I put some Gold into it. I thought okay 30-35 boxes should land him at worst. I held off on last week's Fan Rewards because I didn't want to put 55k in gold towards a Legend and other players I didn't need that came before a Prime Peavy.

Well now the joke is on me... 35k later I have another legendary position player, but one that isn't enough of a difference maker. I can acquire all the legendary position players I want, but they're rarely gonna beat Prime pitchers let alone legends like Hershiser, Blue, Seaver, and so on... Not without me using my one Legend pitcher in Ryan over and over with Ice Packs. Eventually Ill run out of those, then I'll have to use gold to buy more. Just to keep using my only Great pitcher. I did manage to collect Prime Kershaw from the Collections a while back, but even then he's just one more arm out of 5... My other pitchers like 9-9-8 Strasburg, 9-9-9 Kershaw, and 7-8-8 David Price or now Gerritt Cole get lit up like Christmas Trees.

I would think out of 52 Prime Mystery boxes I would actually have something to show for my team. Instead I have more useless cash, franchise coins, #1 Draft Picks, and 5-10 useless players. Out of those 8 #1 Draft Picks I have nothing. Even trading those 8 got me nothing. So 35k in Gold later I have George Brett. That's it. So why should I even bother anymore? Brett is a great Legend player, but he's not what my team needs right now. The player I sought out to get I couldn't obtain out of 50 boxes... The equivalent of $350 in real life money (based off 10k gold $99.99).. Just ridiculous, and it's not right... I might be done with this...

Comments

• Options
    Hosmer sexy timeHosmer sexy time Registered Users 46 Posts
    Good lord...I would have probably called it quits at the following points:

1 Prime Mystery Box
    2 Prime Mystery Boxes
    3 Prime Mystery Boxes
    51 Prime Mystery Boxes
    52 Prime Mystery Boxes
  • Options
    OminouslyOminously Registered Users, Member 75 Posts
    If glu doesn't add legend pitchers to the legend boxes again I might be forced to quit myself. Everyone has Nolan Ryan etc at the Grand Master level and I only have prime pitchers who are getting blasted for 20 runs a game.
  • Options
    BigWillieBigWillie Registered Users 10 Posts
    Grimetime - you do realize this game is rigged and there are hacks being exploited by tons of players that make any money you spend a waste correct? Ask for a refund for what you spent because the game is not being run in a manner which keeps the playing field level by Glu. Do not spend another dime. If you aren't willing to cheat you probably don't stand a chance long term anyway.
  • Options
    DilligafDilligaf Registered Users 71 Posts
    BigWillie wrote: »
    Grimetime - you do realize this game is rigged and there are hacks being exploited by tons of players that make any money you spend a waste correct? Ask for a refund for what you spent because the game is not being run in a manner which keeps the playing field level by Glu. Do not spend another dime. If you aren't willing to cheat you probably don't stand a chance long term anyway.

Totally agree with you. Do not spend another dime. Glu can't even give us all the rewards they owe us. You think they will stop the hackers?? Lol. File for a refund and screw redtrunk and glu. They are truly a bunch of idiots. Maybe redtrunk will make another post that rewards are on its way. Haha what a joke!
  • Options
    Grimetime26Grimetime26 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Big Willie - That's the feeling I'm getting. See I'm afraid to ask for my money back because I do enjoy the game at its purest level. I've played a lot of different kinds of games in my lifetime. I've played console games, I've played online games like World of Warcraft and Final Fantasy, then now mobile games. Cheating runs rampant in almost all games that have online servers anymore, it's just can you still play and enjoy the game at its purest level? That's where im at my breaking point with this game. In order to compete, you must either have to cheat or spend a fortune. Well, I don't know any of the cheats, so I've had to put some finances in this game. Okay, so I committed to that, but thought if I can land Peavy out of the Prime Box at least I'm improving my pitching staff and might have some gold leftover to try and get Ted Williams or worst case Brett.

Well, 52 Prime Boxes later I didn't get a single player or reward that actually helps me. Why they even have cash in those boxes is beyond me. If you're someone who is spending gold on those boxes rather than upgrades or 5x multi-draft picks and need the cash then you're doing it wrong. There should be at least small gold compensation instead. But at the end of the day I get that the boxes are random. However out of 52 tries I should have gotten something, yet I got nothing.

So what's the point in even trying if the success rate of these boxes is so low? I don't want to spend a week's paycheck on a game that doesn't reward me back. I've had better success playing the lottery... So maybe I should just try and get my money back and walk away... I've thought about it a lot more recently, which is sad like I said because I really enjoyed this game for a time. Now it just feels like im waving my money at Glu and getting nothing in return...
  • Options
    BigWillieBigWillie Registered Users 10 Posts
    Grimetime - we've all felt that exact same way. Love the game, hate the costs, etc. But when cheating is the requirement because Glu has made it ridiculously expensive to build a team naturally then you need to weigh the benefits. All I can tell you Is that some of the most loyal players to this game are hanging it up or getting refunds due to Glu's incompetence in distributing rewards, unwillingness to fix what are highly public hacks, and absurd prices for the honest players.
  • Options
    zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    Prime Peavy won't help you against the people with legend pitchers. He's really not very hard to hit.
  • Options
    Grimetime26Grimetime26 Registered Users 9 Posts
    Yeah I figure he won't be the end all be all, but he has to be better than Strasburg and his uncanny ability to give up 6 runs every first inning... Idk, I have a lot of decisions to make... I've read mixed reviews on getting refunded from Google, so we'll have to see... I had just hoped I could make this game at least enjoyable, but it's hard to be enjoyable when there is no rhyme or reason to the Mystery Boxes. Out of 52 boxes I should have gotten Peavy. I just feel like the odds when you put such a high amount of gold into it should have been in my favor
  • Options
    zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    Just keep opening cases with Google until you get assigned a rep who refunds your money.

Any more time, effort, and especially money put into this game is a waste and will just make you feel more stupid in the end.
  • Options
    BakersredsBakersreds Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    If you boost your team with Peavy pitching as long as they don't have a butt load of Legendson the team to back him up you can beat him. But they eventually run out as well.
  • Options
    VanniatorVanniator Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Bakersreds wrote: »
    If you boost your team with Peavy pitching as long as they don't have a butt load of Legendson the team to back him up you can beat him. But they eventually run out as well.

I won't be surprised honestly to hear someone beat the **** out of the developers who created these unrewarding games, cmon like ****en really ? Is that hard mother****ers to reward back? You pieces of ****s!!
  • Options
    Jimmiebags717Jimmiebags717 Registered Users 1 Posts
    So I've enjoyed Tap Sports Baseball 2016. I was introduced to the game this year by my co-workers and I've been addicted since downloading it in late April. Even so much that I've actually put real money into the game which I've never done or thought in my right mind id do for a mobile game.

However, today I might have met my breaking point. I understand that the odds of landing a Legend from the Legends Mystery Box should be super rare. I also understand that landing a Prime stud like Peavy from the Prime box should be rare. That is until today... Today I realized that i might be fooling myself thinking that anything in this game is set up fairly. Why you ask? Because I just spent enough Gold to get Legendary 3B George Brett from the Fan Rewards, but out of 52 Prime Boxes I didn't get Peavy.

52 Boxes!!! $350 of real world money value... No Peavy... I was content with keeping 9-9-9 David Wright or shooting for 9-10-4 Machado at 3rd if I got Peavy. I need pitching, and since Legendary pitchers never come up in Fan Rewards I thought Prime Peavy was surely obtainable through the Prime Box assuming I put some Gold into it. I thought okay 30-35 boxes should land him at worst. I held off on last week's Fan Rewards because I didn't want to put 55k in gold towards a Legend and other players I didn't need that came before a Prime Peavy.

Well now the joke is on me... 35k later I have another legendary position player, but one that isn't enough of a difference maker. I can acquire all the legendary position players I want, but they're rarely gonna beat Prime pitchers let alone legends like Hershiser, Blue, Seaver, and so on... Not without me using my one Legend pitcher in Ryan over and over with Ice Packs. Eventually Ill run out of those, then I'll have to use gold to buy more. Just to keep using my only Great pitcher. I did manage to collect Prime Kershaw from the Collections a while back, but even then he's just one more arm out of 5... My other pitchers like 9-9-8 Strasburg, 9-9-9 Kershaw, and 7-8-8 David Price or now Gerritt Cole get lit up like Christmas Trees.

I would think out of 52 Prime Mystery boxes I would actually have something to show for my team. Instead I have more useless cash, franchise coins, #1 Draft Picks, and 5-10 useless players. Out of those 8 #1 Draft Picks I have nothing. Even trading those 8 got me nothing. So 35k in Gold later I have George Brett. That's it. So why should I even bother anymore? Brett is a great Legend player, but he's not what my team needs right now. The player I sought out to get I couldn't obtain out of 50 boxes... The equivalent of $350 in real life money (based off 10k gold $99.99).. Just ridiculous, and it's not right... I might be done with this...

Bro this game is not made in your favor it's made to make you spend as much cash as possible and to give you the least amount for it in reality your paying 300 dollars for a legend player that at most has 2 or 3 better stats than normal player I mean really think about that lol I know it's fun to get the awesome old players like giambi and Ted Williams but it's really not worth spending an insane amount of money just to hit an extra homerun or two a game don't get me wrong I've dropped some cash in the game but not too much do yourself a huge favor and root your phone and cheat like everyone else you'll feel such satisfaction when you have a roster full of primes and legends and you didn't have to pay a dime I promise you this game is not the least bit fair and it never will be I know guys wh had full legend teams months before all that **** happened I could write a novel on all this ******** but long story short get a full refund from your app store and just cheat like everyone else bro you won't be disappointed
  • Options
    BigbeastmodeBigbeastmode Registered Users 8 Posts
    First time submitting with iTunes and I got $1130 back. Screw you GLU, I'm out.
  • Options
    The PrideThe Pride Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    You can ask for a refund for the money you have spent on the game? Love this game but it's beyond unfair and I don't know to cheat at it so no use in playing
  • Options
    BigbeastmodeBigbeastmode Registered Users 8 Posts
    Yes you can. All I did was explain that I found out about the rampant cheating, and that I wanted a refund for the money that I have recently spent. There is a thread on here about it unless GLU deleted it
  • Options
    LuckyjulzLuckyjulz Registered Users 3 Posts
    GRIME n Everyone Else:

100% agree with everyone as far as this game being a ridiculous scam.
    Ive actually made it a personal goal to exploit and educate folks on the creators/runners of this game
    being a bunch of thieving,scamming, GREEDY grifters to as many people as possible. How they're
    getting away with this is beyond me. Well, not totally beyond me. If you guys haven't read
    the Terms&Conditions then I'd highly recommend it. Granted you **** near have to have a
    law degree to understand most of it, the basic gist of what exactly they're doing is still
    there. So by clicking Agree, you forfeit any money (no matter how much) you put into the game.
    So Grime, this is more directed at you;
    there are absolutely NO refunds. Including, but not limited to:
    accidental purchase, stolen phone, stolen credit/debit card,etc. in short, someone could
    steal both your phone and/or credit card and spend $1000 bucks on the game,
    and they'd refuse a refund. You could present them with a police report PROVING
    that it was all stolen and they STILL wouldn't refund your money. It's all right there on the Terms&Conditions.
    Also, don't bother with customer service. They've been giving me the run around for
    over 6 weeks over unfulfilled rewards. 3 weeks ago they finally said "Send a screen shot of your
    Fyber ID # and the claim numbers for each complaint"
    i sent the screen shot, but the complaint numbers were no where to be found. Not in support, not in email
    whether inbox or junk box. They responded with "sorry, we can't help with out the numbers". I again explained
    they weren't there n asked where to find them. They again said "sorry coach, we really need those numbers". It went on like that until yesterday. Refusing to answer the question of "where are they?" And simply saying they needed
    them. They eventually closed out the conversation (still with out answering the question).
    that was my breaking point. I snapped. Told them they would be hearing from me every single day until they
    helped me or at the very least answer the question. So that's exactly what I did.
    For 7 days I messaged twice a day with the screen shots and progressively getting more and more upset
    and ****y (okay I was a down right A-hole), they closed the convo 3 more times after that with out answering and I just kept starting new ones. Up until last night. They finally said "if you need the numbers
    then go to the Fyber homepage and request them.
    i have never in my life been as angry with a company, nor felt as used as I do with this one. I'd
    start a strike if I thought folks would listen. These are truly BAD, selfish, horrible people.
    more people need to know. Sorry for such a long rant you guys, good luck!
  • Options
    BlandBland Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    You realize if you had just opened one more box you probably would have gotten him...