Options

Slugfest question

WBERTAMUS71WBERTAMUS71 Registered Users 12 Posts
Ok, this is probably a question that's already been answered. But after hitting the ball and It doesn't quite clear the wall the message "pull ball for more power" appears. So how do you pull the ball for more power?

Comments

• Options
    Dr. Myron GainsDr. Myron Gains Registered Users 47 Posts
    Practice practice practice

When I first started playing the home run battles I would get so frustrated only being able to hit a couple home runs each round and throwing away 5,000 cash at a time. I basically gave up on them until I noticed the home run events which are a free way to figure out how to hit correctly.

It's kinda hard to describe the correct technique but if you play the home run event for 30-45 minutes and really pay attention to what you're doing and what works, and don't let your failure frustrate you, you'll be going 12/12 on home runs.

Keep in mind that although all the pitches are strikes, the speed of the pitches can vary somewhat so you need to pay attention to that too. Also, it helps to invest in better sluggers if you plan to play the battles/events regularly. Having a guy in the 70's is tremendously better than a guy in the 50's
  • Options
    PHILLYPHANPHILLYPHAN Registered Users 97 Posts
    The closer the ball is to the plate the easier it is to hit it out also unless ur slugger is below 80 dont hit straight up or opposite field pulled HR in the hitters natural direction are easiest

Enjoy helping others
  • Options
    Thanks for your input, much appreciated
  • Options
    So there isn't a special way to use the phone when swinging? Like sliding a finger? Or is it all just practicing timing the tap just right?
  • Options
    Gatorz1998Gatorz1998 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Watching pitch speed is crucial. I pick one of the logos on the left center or right center walls for each slugger and aim there. I try to stay away from the foul poles - not just because you could hit it foul, but your distance will always be shorter (i.e. less points). The better the slugger, the further towards center I'll aim.