Options

Legend Pitchers

KCChamps15KCChamps15 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
I remember way back when Nolan Ryan showed up in the Legend Box and not realizing how big of a deal it was to see a Legend SP available. I always assumed that the quality of prizes would continue to escalate (even if the probability went down or the cost went up at the same time), and also that if you had enough gold you would be able to get these players. At the time, I was still building my team and being frugal with my gold.

I'm starting to get confused on Glu's strategy, though. It's becoming clear that even with a ton of gold, it's still impossible to get all the way through the Legend hitters and start to see pitchers available in Legend Boxes or Fan Rewards. I've since built an offense filled with some of the best Legend hitters available, but haven't even been able to fill out my pitching with Primes, let alone get a single Legend on that side of my roster. I don't really have any incentive to keep investing time or money in this game since there is literally nothing I can do to improve my team until I see a Legend pitcher available (even though every game I play at the Prime level is against a team with Hershiser, Ryan, Marichal, or a number of other Legend SPs).

Anyone have any idea what the strategy is on Glu's part? Do you think we can expect to see these guys come up again at some point, or am I wasting my time with wishful thinking? Maybe someone who played the game in previous years might have some valuable insight?

I really hoped we'd at least see some Legends in the Club Rewards, Trades, or Collections before we started getting all of these recycled Prime players...

Comments

• Options
    Devildoc87Devildoc87 Registered Users 144 Posts
    I would say its doubtful. As of now your only option is to collect every position legend and then on to the pitchers
  • Options
    Devildoc87 wrote: »
    I would say its doubtful. As of now your only option is to collect every position legend and then on to the pitchers
    As of now, how is that possible? Looking at the lists out there, there are far more position players than would fit on a roster, so those would be falling off your roster and cycled back into the boxes and rewards before you ever get to pitchers...
  • Options
    Not true. I did it and had every position player in inactives so it moved to pitchers
  • Options
    Hm, I had the opposite experience.
  • Options
    For me it just replaced the lowest inactive guy with the lowest legend and so on. I did mine during fan rewards...not sure if that made a difference
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I have trouble believing anyone could have a team with more than 5-6 legends without cheating. Now making your way through the entire list of 30+ legends to get to pitchers? No way.
  • Options
    More like 50+ and I didnt say I did it legit
  • Options
    Mo$tlyB@dMo$tlyB@d Registered Users 42 Posts
    Devildoc87 wrote: »
    More like 50+ and I didnt say I did it legit

Hmmm... Honesty... Refreshing!
  • Options
    We have enough threads out there used for witch-hunting of people that cheat, hack, exploit glitches, etc...

I was just looking for other players' thoughts on the availability of Legend pitchers in the game, since most people I talk to point to that as their main frustration with the game upon reaching higher levels.
  • Options
    Lol I have openly admitted to hacking this game...more than once
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    ^ plenty of people have admitted to hacking openly and nothing happens so you're not special.

While I would say legend pitchers don't come up often, you could say that for most positions. They have lots of prime pitchers I've seen, verlander , bartolo, peavy, Nolan Ryan, vida blue, Lincecum. I guess that isn't "lots" but it's a full rotation +1
  • Options
    Lol u must be hella bored tonight posting in all these threads. I never said I was special. I know glu wont fix it. Its way beyond repair at this point
  • Options
    Very bored. I'm not calling you out but the hacking is what ruined this game...
  • Options
    I fully agree bro. I played legit when I first downloaded the game. About 2 months in I noticed all the legend teams destroying the competition and there was no way to win events when you got in their bracket so I just started doing it too
  • Options
    Thank you. Case and point.
  • Options
    OminouslyOminously Registered Users, Member 75 Posts
    There are pitchers in the legend boxes but they end tomorrow.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Ominously wrote: »
    There are pitchers in the legend boxes but they end tomorrow.
    Of course just before fan rewards ends....... That being said the Ted Williams ones often said changing in "x" days but it stayed the same.
  • Options
    There is finally a Legend SP available, but now (of course) the app won't let me buy any gold to try and get him... "Purchase Could Not Be Completed" with no more explanation. I'm just destined to have ****ty pitchers forever...
  • Options
    After all my complaining (and more money than I'm proud of) I was able to snag Perry and Hershiser. Don't think I wanna go for Phil Niekro unless he's still around this weekend and there's another Legend SP in the fan rewards... Not sure that'll happen though.