Options

GLU needs to allow trading between players.

AnthineeAnthinee Registered Users 57 Posts
I should be able to negotiate a trade with an actual person. Tons of people sitting with big time players that are inactive. People who cant spend real money or join a great club would definitely appreciate those players

Comments

• Options
    Dr. Myron GainsDr. Myron Gains Registered Users 47 Posts
    I've thought about this too and think it would be awesome but I assume it would hurt Glu's bottom line too much (why buy gold when you can just trade for the player you want?). I'd guess there's roughly about a 0% chance it will happen
  • Options
    dixon6dixon6 Registered Users 160 Posts
    No because glu sees it as you could have a hacked account, and an "honest account" where you could trade between your own accounts. Never gonna happen. You can't even challenge teams in hr derby where cash o gold is involved, only free **** where you don't have to spend actual gold, blue cash, or money.
  • Options
    dixon6dixon6 Registered Users 160 Posts
    They only care about money and ads, they won't fix anything else.
  • Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    This would create a Cleveland Spiders scenario where all the best players of a one team would be traded to an "all star" squad. Its too coruptable.
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    This would create a Cleveland Spiders scenario where all the best players of a one team would be traded to an "all star" squad. Its too coruptable.

There are ways they could prevent some of that, first it has to be equal level players (ie 5* for 5*, prime for prime or legend for legend) and also they could make it so you could only do 1-2 trades between teams. That's still way too much work and tracking for GLU to do because it seems they don't have any back up data. So it probably won't ever happen but we can dream
  • Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    There are ways they could prevent some of that, first it has to be equal level players (ie 5* for 5*, prime for prime or legend for legend) and also they could make it so you could only do 1-2 trades between teams. That's still way too much work and tracking for GLU to do because it seems they don't have any back up data. So it probably won't ever happen but we can dream

Yeah, maybe hold off on NEW challenges for Glu, for a bit at least.
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    They can't seem to get the game down as it is. I don't see them adding this.

If they did, there would need to be a way to trade 2 5-stars and a 4.5 star for a prime. As well as 2 primes and a 5-star for a legend. Or something long those lines. And at the same positions.. However, those players are how Glu makes their money, so it won't happen.
  • Options
    Superapids135Superapids135 Registered Users 368 Posts
    I think dixon6 is right. That point kills it all together. 2 accounts, one legit and one shady and it's ruined. I think it was a good idea tho.

I just hate the hypocrisy with glu. It's all about money. I'm fairly certain you can cheat without repurcussions if you spend money or have some other in I don't know. All about ad money.
  • Options

They could set limits like one trade per 24 hour period and allow only one transaction with the player you're trading with. That gives the other player some leverage to set market value and discourage cheating almost by proxy
  • Options
    I think dixon6 is right. That point kills it all together. 2 accounts, one legit and one shady and it's ruined. I think it was a good idea tho.

I just hate the hypocrisy with glu. It's all about money. I'm fairly certain you can cheat without repurcussions if you spend money or have some other in I don't know. All about ad money.

I can set up another Apple ID and have two teams easily at any time, or use an iPad for the same results
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts

Grear ideas! Or make it so that they can only trade the same player to each other! Or no trades at all!
  • Options
    IcehammersIcehammers Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    I think glu has bigger problem than that nuff sed
  • Options
    ariusvideoariusvideo Registered Users 29 Posts
    As many have stated on here already, allowing something like trades between teams would ultimately cut into Glu's ability to make money (the fine capitalists that they are).

The only way they would ever likely allow such is if they charged each participating team like a $19.99 fee per transaction

Oh no...hope I didn't just give then a new idea for an "Update" :(