Options

Ranking Legend Pitchers

KCChamps15KCChamps15 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
I have a few Legend pitchers and I'm not sure the best way to rank them on my lineup (which one has to ride the bench, which one should be my ace?) Here is the order I currently have them in.

Orel Hershiser 10-11-12
Nolan Ryan 12-7-12
Vida Blue 12-10-10
Gaylord Perry 9-11-11
Phil Niekro 6-11-12
Roy Oswalt 8-12-11

I usually value Arm and Stuff over control, but since Hershiser is so balanced with 12 stuff I put him at Ace over Ryan. At first glance it looks like Niekro should be the weakest, but so far (before I got Blue and Oswalt) he actually had the best ERA and his knuckleball is like the Legend version of RA Dickey and can be really tough to hit.

Should I put Nolan Ryan or Vida Blue as my Ace due to their 12 Arms? Should I swap Oswalt out for Niekro? Or keep my lineup as it is?

Comments

• Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Does it matter they are all dominate.
  • Options
    Does it matter they are all dominate.

It does matter when you frequently are coming up against pitchers like Tom Seaver. I need the best possible Ace I have so I can use an ice wrap to start him. And I think it's important to have the better pitcher on your roster and not the bench, I'm not sure how high to value Niekro's knuckleball in relationship to a slightly better arm from Oswalt.
  • Options
    Gatorz1998Gatorz1998 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    I had the same dilemma trying to rank Miss February, July and October.

Then I realized they're all pretty **** hot.
  • Options
    ariusvideoariusvideo Registered Users 29 Posts
    #RichPeopleProblems
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    ariusvideo wrote: »
    #RichPeopleProblems

lol he hasn't spent money on the game
  • Options
    Thanks, you've all been very helpful.
  • Options
    lol he hasn't spent money on the game

I'd show you my iTunes purchase history since they first showed Legend SP's in the Legend Box this weekend, but honestly I don't give a **** if you believe I'm playing legit. or not...
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    KCChamps15 wrote: »
    I'd show you my iTunes purchase history since they first showed Legend SP's in the Legend Box this weekend, but honestly I don't give a **** if you believe I'm playing legit. or not...

If you're rich enough to where you can open Legend boxes at will and not only get 5 Legend pitchers, but 6.. Then good for you man. Or maybe you're very lucky. Everything I've read on here makes it seem like it takes 20-50 legend boxes to get one.
  • Options
    Cr00kxCr00kx Registered Users 90 Posts
    Just add up their numbers n highest is best .. But advice all these juiced up teams have same lineup mostly all lefties so whats work for me before i had a lefty as ace and he would do better than a right handed pitcher
  • Options
    If you're rich enough to where you can open Legend boxes at will and not only get 5 Legend pitchers, but 6.. Then good for you man. Or maybe you're very lucky. Everything I've read on here makes it seem like it takes 20-50 legend boxes to get one.

You can call it wealth or lack of willpower/poor spending priorities... Also I do think I am luckier than most when it comes to Legend Boxes. I have only had to try more than 20 times to get a Legend on one occasion. Niekro took 2 tries, Oswalt about 5, Perry took 10... Nolan Ryan took 30 tries and he was the one exception.

Don't be so quick to judge someone, assume they're cheating, or write them off as some spoiled rich dude. You have no idea what you're talking about and just love to call people out because they aren't as ****ing "holy" as you are. I might cut you some slack if you had ever met me or knew a SINGLE thing about me, but you can just **** off if you get your jollies being a troll and an ******* to people just trying to have a discussion about a game they enjoy playing.
  • Options
    ariusvideoariusvideo Registered Users 29 Posts
    KCChamps15 wrote: »
    Thanks, you've all been very helpful.

@KCCHamps15, my apologies if I came off as overly sarcastic in my original post (#RichPeopleProblems). If anything I was mostly kinda poking fun at myself (and others) who don't quite have the fortune (whether financial or luck) to be in the position that you're in to have 6 Legends to choose from for your Ace spot. I'm "sincerely" struggling to figure out if I should start 4* Cody Anderson 2-7-8, 5*Jose Fernandez 9-8-7 or 4* Marco Estrada 4-5-8 in my Ace spot. So I would KILL for a single Prime, let alone a Legend, pitcher in my rotation (literally...I'm taking assassin for hire work if anyone can assist me with getting a Legend pitcher on my squad).

So when you mentioned your dilemma, I took it more as someone debating whether they should take the Rolls, Bently or Jag out of the garage this weekend. Not hatin' (cause...at the end of the day, you got it, so it's yours. Flaunt it, if you want). My response was really more tongue and cheek "ribbing" (if not outright envy) of your situation.

As a person who doesn't have a single Legend on their squad, you may not be too interested in my advice/input. However, if you are interested, I would offer this. Like many I subscribe to "Stuff" above all, so if it's a question between Ryan and Blue...Ryan's the easy answer. If it's between Ryan and Hershiser, I haven't personally faced Hersh, but I have Ryan...and, well...you can't even call it murder because I was already dead before my first player stepped up to the plate. That speed is nasty it's hard to get even a hit off of him (let alone a run).

At the end of the day, though, it really may be splitting hairs because of all of the other potential factors that may come into play (your upgrades vs. your opponents upgrades, what batters/lineup you're facing, and, of course, whether you own all of the uniforms or not ;-) I seriously doubt Glu has it coded in that, if all things equal, Hershiser has a 8% more likelihood of winning matchups than Ryan. I honestly think your pretty good either way.
  • Options
    Devildoc87Devildoc87 Registered Users 144 Posts
    It really depends on who your facing. If your facing an all legend squad, go with Hersh. I have an all legend team and I can normally score 4-5 runs off Ryan in the first inning...Hersh not so much