Forum Club Invites - Legit?

Nick307Nick307 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
There seem to be a lot of people with "awesome" clubs looking for teams to contribute for club events. Just wondering if anyone has had experience joining a club through an invite on this forum.

After you chip in 500,000 points and spend several thousand in gold, is there any guarantee that you won't just get booted from a club near the end of the event? I believe points would stay in the club even after the team gets booted, so there seems to be incentive to invite people and boot them once they have chipped in points for an event.

Comments

• Devildoc87Devildoc87 Registered Users 144 Posts
    Never a guarantee
  • SumadeeznutzSumadeeznutz Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Not a guarantee if you join a club during the weekend just by entering it you won't be kicked then either. So what's the difference if it's on a forum
  • KillsauceKillsauce Registered Users 25 Posts
    all i can guarantee is if you score alot of points no ones going to boot you... why would i? on the other hand no one wants bottom feeders clogging up there club getting rewarded but contributed nothing.
    send me a message if you want to join.
  • GariputoGariputo Registered Users 38 Posts
    A lot of players are quitting now that hacking has made their teams worthless. If you join a club and are one of their better contributors they would be foolish to boot you. I joined a club through this forum and I couldn't be happier.
  • gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Gariputo wrote: »
    A lot of players are quitting now that hacking has made their teams worthless. If you join a club and are one of their better contributors they would be foolish to boot you. I joined a club through this forum and I couldn't be happier.

Same with me.... My advice is look and see what they do. If its a club were they are constantly booting guys that have already put up points then you may want to look elsewhere. If you are really that worried about it if you have a second account, while you are in the club you can send you self an invite to second account, and if you get booted you can collect with your second account.

To be honest its a pretty $hitty thing to do and they get no benefit, its not like they can collect your rewards. The only reason they would is if they are putting up millions and you do 15k. But that's a different situation.
  • Nick307Nick307 Registered Users, Member 13 Posts
    I suppose if they put feelers out in this forum and then booted people, the forum backlash would be pretty immediate. My point was that there is no safeguard against guys booting you after you put up points for their club. Then they can have friends swoop in or make the club private and invite teams that spent zero gold and didn't contribute to get the rewards. Not sure how much this is happening, but I would hope clubs would be called out here if it does happen.
  • SumadeeznutzSumadeeznutz Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    I feel ya and I'm sure it could and probably has happened
  • InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    Legit? I'd say not. I've responded to ONE club invitation in my whole time on this forum, and boy was that a mistake.

It was the summer of 2016, and love was in the air, Adele's "Hello" was topping the charts, and I was but a naive adult looking for a good time. Little did I know that "good time" I was looking for would lead to the scariest 14 minutes of my adult life.
    I logged into the forums that morning hoping to come across a club in need, a club that I could identify with, maybe one that could help me get draft picks. I came across a thread entitled "top Club needs Heavy Hitter" and thought to myself "Hmm.. I'm no heavy hitter, but perhaps.. just perhaps they'll give me the chance I've been waiting on." I gleefully responded to the post with "Hi! I'm InsertTeamHere! It sure would be great if you guys would give me the opportunity to play for your club! I look forward to hearing back from you!" and clicked Post Quick Reply. I anxiously waited, refreshing the page every 4 seconds hoping and praying for a positive response. Emblazened across my screen was the following: "Hi Insert, please start a game with me, my ingamename is aTownDown." I've never started a game so fast in my life, my fingers were flying across the screen in the hopes that I'd get there before someone else did. Luckily the game started up and me and this guy started talking. But that's where things took a turn for the worse.

The game was tied 0-0 in the second and me and this aTownDown guy started talking, but I should've known not to listen to him.. I should've known. The following is a transcript of our conversation:

Me: Hey man, I'm the guy who wanted to join your awesome club, PLEASE tell me the space is still available.
    atd: Yes it is still available but you have to pass the test first. Where are you located?
    Me: Ok I'm sure I can pass anything thrown at me! Lawl! I'm in Mississippi, you?
    atd: California. Never mind that. If you want to be in the club you'll show me your *****.
    Me: Whoa whoa whoa, how is that releva-
    atd: DO IT OR YOU'RE OUTTA THE CLUB!
    Me: Hmm.. well ok

Reluctantly I took tasteful nude pictures of myself and sent them over.

atd: Magnificent! you're a stunning man. Just Glorious.
    Me: uhh thanks, but I just want to play TSB dude. What's the name of your club anyway?
    atd: The club is called Tap Sports Bangbus.
    Me: I uhh.. I think that's too many characters.
    atd: If I bought you a plane ticket to California would you let me film you?
    Me: Huh? Like film me playing Tap Sports Baseball? Hitting Dingers?
    atd: Hah, you'll be tapping something alright.

At this point I was starting to get a bit skeptical, why hadn't he invited me to the club yet? What did my ***** have to do with all this? What was he insinuating that I would be tapping?

Tune in next time for the harrowing conclusion!
  • Devildoc87Devildoc87 Registered Users 144 Posts
    Haha!! Priceless
  • Gatorz1998Gatorz1998 Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Air Supply really stirs up the air for me.

Best post I've ever read on here btw.
    Bumping this so more people will have the opportunity to read my story and learn from my mistake.

Club Invites on the forum? Not even once.
  • SplandmanSplandman Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    Best post on here for sure.
  • 23mightymouse23mightymouse Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    That is some funny **** right there!
  • dixon6dixon6 Registered Users 160 Posts
    Nice story, med me lul.

I also had a bad experience.

I joined this club and put up 20,784,480,417 points in 10 minutes and the ****ing club just up and quit. The leader left or something and everyone left. I told them I'd be right back and had to check on another club, and the ****ers were nowhere to be found.
  • dixon6dixon6 Registered Users 160 Posts
    They made me waste 10million gold. In the beginning they promised if I got them lincecum they would make me leader, but they lied!!! Lies!!!!

Now I can't even play anymore, my mom won't give me her credit card back.

Inseartteamhere, can we please get part 2??????
    dixon6 wrote: »
    They made me waste 10million gold. In the beginning they promised if I got them lincecum they would make me leader, but they lied!!! Lies!!!!

Now I can't even play anymore, my mom won't give me her credit card back.

Inseartteamhere, can we please get part 2??????

Lol.. That better not have been you.

Dixon, yes, I'm happy to share my tale but I haven't the strength today. Telling the story takes a lot out of me.
    Part 2: coming up!
  • CaliAngelsCaliAngels Registered Users 72 Posts
    Legit? I'd say not. I've responded to ONE club invitation in my whole time on this forum, and boy was that a mistake.

It was the summer of 2016, and love was in the air, Adele's "Hello" was topping the charts, and I was but a naive adult looking for a good time. Little did I know that "good time" I was looking for would lead to the scariest 14 minutes of my adult life.
    I logged into the forums that morning hoping to come across a club in need, a club that I could identify with, maybe one that could help me get draft picks. I came across a thread entitled "top Club needs Heavy Hitter" and thought to myself "Hmm.. I'm no heavy hitter, but perhaps.. just perhaps they'll give me the chance I've been waiting on." I gleefully responded to the post with "Hi! I'm InsertTeamHere! It sure would be great if you guys would give me the opportunity to play for your club! I look forward to hearing back from you!" and clicked Post Quick Reply. I anxiously waited, refreshing the page every 4 seconds hoping and praying for a positive response. Emblazened across my screen was the following: "Hi Insert, please start a game with me, my ingamename is aTownDown." I've never started a game so fast in my life, my fingers were flying across the screen in the hopes that I'd get there before someone else did. Luckily the game started up and me and this guy started talking. But that's where things took a turn for the worse.

The game was tied 0-0 in the second and me and this aTownDown guy started talking, but I should've known not to listen to him.. I should've known. The following is a transcript of our conversation:

Me: Hey man, I'm the guy who wanted to join your awesome club, PLEASE tell me the space is still available.
    atd: Yes it is still available but you have to pass the test first. Where are you located?
    Me: Ok I'm sure I can pass anything thrown at me! Lawl! I'm in Mississippi, you?
    atd: California. Never mind that. If you want to be in the club you'll show me your *****.
    Me: Whoa whoa whoa, how is that releva-
    atd: DO IT OR YOU'RE OUTTA THE CLUB!
    Me: Hmm.. well ok

Reluctantly I took tasteful nude pictures of myself and sent them over.

atd: Magnificent! you're a stunning man. Just Glorious.
    Me: uhh thanks, but I just want to play TSB dude. What's the name of your club anyway?
    atd: The club is called Tap Sports Bangbus.
    Me: I uhh.. I think that's too many characters.
    atd: If I bought you a plane ticket to California would you let me film you?
    Me: Huh? Like film me playing Tap Sports Baseball? Hitting Dingers?
    atd: Hah, you'll be tapping something alright.

At this point I was starting to get a bit skeptical, why hadn't he invited me to the club yet? What did my ***** have to do with all this? What was he insinuating that I would be tapping?
    Tune in next time for the harrowing conclusion!

I can't wait for the conclusion....