Options

COLLECTION CARDS- Has anyone ever picked the card with Gold?

Bballer14Bballer14 Registered Users, Member 110 Posts
I'm just curious because I have two teams and have played for over three months, yet I have never picked the card with the gold. 90% of the time it is cash or maybe a 25pt trophy.

I have to believe these picks are predetermined with an algorithm and it is just another tease by Glu dangling gold out there that you will never get. Anyone else had any success picking the gold card? or how frequently.

Comments

• Options
    hsdirt00hsdirt00 Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
    I have got the gold before, but is rare. It is impossible to get 500 points for any of the cards however. Do not waste your gold buying more maybe if you spend several thousands in gold it may be possible. I was short 50pts on the bronze card and actually spent 500 in gold and never was even a bronze card offered that I could have got.
  • Options
    hsdirt00 wrote: »
    I have got the gold before, but is rare. It is impossible to get 500 points for any of the cards however. Do not waste your gold buying more maybe if you spend several thousands in gold it may be possible. I was short 50pts on the bronze card and actually spent 500 in gold and never was even a bronze card offered that I could have got.

Thanks for the feedback!! Yeah, I don't have enough gold to buy an elite player, I've heard can take any where from 15-30k of gold....
  • Options
    blueskiesblueskies Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Yes I think it doesn't matter what card you pick, you won't get the best.

Think about the collection rookie player card. I have never missed picking the rookie, which just means that it doesn't matter what card I click, I will get that rookie player. The result is already predetermined.

Bballer14 wrote: »
    I'm just curious because I have two teams and have played for over three months, yet I have never picked the card with the gold. 90% of the time it is cash or maybe a 25pt trophy.

I have to believe these picks are predetermined with an algorithm and it is just another tease by Glu dangling gold out there that you will never get. Anyone else had any success picking the gold card? or how frequently.
  • Options
    FlrageFlrage Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Yea definitely don't waste your gold,collection is only good for teams that need a 3.5 star player or hoping to get some free gold or cash
  • Options
    Dr. Myron GainsDr. Myron Gains Registered Users 47 Posts
    I also started thinking it was impossible to pick the gold but finally a couple days ago I got lucky and hit gold for the first time. It was for 500 gold which was pretty sweet. I guess I'm about 1/40 for hitting gold at this point
  • Options
    dixon6dixon6 Registered Users 160 Posts
    oohhhh ohhooh hhooo, don't even get me started on the x-ray vision hack.
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    Want to see if it is rigged? (It's not, just feels that way) Choose the same card every day on every team (if you have multiple teams) for like a month. Dont change cards. I personally always chose the third one. You'll get different rewards, some good some bad. But you do end up getting gold sometimes.
  • Options
    Want to see if it is rigged? (It's not, just feels that way) Choose the same card every day on every team (if you have multiple teams) for like a month. Dont change cards. I personally always chose the third one. You'll get different rewards, some good some bad. But you do end up getting gold sometimes.

Hey that is a very good idea, smart guy!!! Ironically, i just hit my first 200 gold today. Squeaky wheel......

yes the rookie card is predetermined for sure.
  • Options
    ThebadazzesThebadazzes Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    I have gotten a collection player. Machado to be exact. He took 18k gold. From my experience it is almost impossible to get gold from the cards for free. You must spend at least 5k gold before you start getting them. Out of the 18k gold I spent on machado, I got 1k from getting gold cards.
  • Options
    AJD804AJD804 Registered Users 15 Posts
    I've hit 500,300,and 100 gold on collection cards. I have yet to hit the 700 gold though. I also believe that it doesn't matter which card you pick you will get the same prize. It just seems to make the most sense.
  • Options
    Dr. Myron GainsDr. Myron Gains Registered Users 47 Posts
    I also started thinking it was impossible to pick the gold but finally a couple days ago I got lucky and hit gold for the first time. It was for 500 gold which was pretty sweet. I guess I'm about 1/40 for hitting gold at this point

I guess it's my lucky week. 500 on Monday and 100 today. 2/41 now
  • Options
    ImperialstoutsImperialstouts Registered Users, Member 42 Posts
    I've been playing since Memorial Day, and I FINALLY got 300 gold the other day.
  • Options
    ariusvideoariusvideo Registered Users 29 Posts

I use this very same method (picking the same card each day and I also just so happen to always pick the card to the right/the third one). I have won gold few times (300 and 500, I think). I also pay pretty close attention to what's revealed under the other cards when I select and (just from my experience) there seems to be a higher likelihood of getting the gold payouts by picking the card to the far left. This almost seems to change from Collection to Collection, but that left card tends to have the more consistent gold payouts (but also some of the ****pier "non-gold" offerings). Nothing scientific to prove that theory, just something I've noticed. Sad part (despite noticing this) I continue to always pick the card to the far right. Not totally sure why, but I think it's because I'm afraid that as soon as I change my tactic, my so called "system" will completely change on me.

Additionally, for those interested, I did spend gold this weekend to get the Collection Player Bumgarner (first time ever spending Gold on a Collection Player). Figured it would take me about 15k to do so but ended up taking a little over 20k (+ whatever Gold I won from the collection, which I estimate probably about 1k). I DID NOT use the "one card" method when doing this, though (figured there's just too much randomness to rely on one card all of the way through). I did pick the right/last card the highest percentage of the time, followed by the left/first card and very rarely selected the middle (although I did end up getting the last 25 points I needed from the middle card). No idea if I spent more gold or saved more by not using the "one card" method, but figure you're going to spend the same amount either way.

I will say, though, I could never seem to "hit" on the 700 Gold, though. Not too sure how "possible" that on is.
  • Options
    JuicingFTWJuicingFTW Registered Users 11 Posts

The cards are already decided by the time you get to that screen. I havent seen anything to believe they arnt 100% randomly sorted. I use third card exclusively and the gold hit rate is probably between 1:40 to 1:60. I did 100 gold tonight.
    Roidragersunited
  • Options
    JuicingFTW wrote: »
    The cards are already decided by the time you get to that screen. I havent seen anything to believe they arnt 100% randomly sorted. I use third card exclusively and the gold hit rate is probably between 1:40 to 1:60. I did 100 gold tonight.

Thanks for the info guys.. I have been selecting the middle card for over three week with poor results, meaning 5k 10k cash or franchise coins. If I'm really lucky I'll hit a bronze trophy. So I think I'll try the third card, although I'm convienced I t is predetermined. Gold is just a teaser.
  • Options
    JuicingFTWJuicingFTW Registered Users 11 Posts
    Bballer14 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys.. I have been selecting the middle card for over three week with poor results, meaning 5k 10k cash or franchise coins. If I'm really lucky I'll hit a bronze trophy. So I think I'll try the third card, although I'm convienced I t is predetermined. Gold is just a teaser.

The server has already provided the data for the prize and card placement, just as it has before you click on the mystery boxes. You can actually see this with mystery boxes...before you click to open the box weather free or paying with gold, keep your eye on your cash amount at top screen. If you are going to win a cash amount, you will see this post a quarter second BEFORE you even get to the screen with the jiggling box.
    Roidragersunited
  • Options
    uhurricanesuuhurricanesu Registered Users 13 Posts
    No but today they gave me the choice of possible getting Brian dozier so that was weird