Options

Long Relievers Getting Rocked

JonnyBaseball99JonnyBaseball99 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
Anybody know why my long relievers get destroyed? No matter who I put in the role (legends included) their ERA is terrible. Does it help to to use actual long relievers in the position? I often use SR pitchers.

Comments

• Options
    SumadeeznutzSumadeeznutz Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    If they're pitching more than 1 inning short relievers are useless
  • Options
    theferrettheferret Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    I think the only 5* LR is Yimi Garcia, who is 9-9-7 (anyone confirm this?). Even if you put a prime SR player with 10 stuff in at LR, their 2nd inning stuff has dropped to 8. While still better, if you're playing high level teams, the pitcher will turn into a human gas can...
  • Options
    KCChamps15KCChamps15 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    theferret wrote: »
    I think the only 5* LR is Yimi Garcia, who is 9-9-7 (anyone confirm this?)

Yimi is the only 5* LR or MR I've come across, Mychal Givens is 4.5* and was really good for me for a long time.

Since there are no Prime or Legend LR or MR pitchers, that's why SPs are so valuable (and hard to come by). Once you get to higher levels, Legend SPs are a must... You need your SP to last 5 innings, or longer if you don't have a full lineup of Prime relievers. Guys like Elite Kershaw and Elite Bumgarner will take you pretty far, but if you're facing a lot of Legend SPs then you need one of your own to have better than a 50/50 chance of winning.

Take advantage of the SPs in the Legend Box while you still can! I had been waiting for ANY opportunity to try and earn one for a long time, so I jumped all over it once I saw Gaylor Perry show up, and ended up getting more than a couple new guys in my lineup.
  • Options
    Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Anybody know why my long relievers get destroyed? No matter who I put in the role (legends included) their ERA is terrible. Does it help to to use actual long relievers in the position? I often use SR pitchers.

The theory i have is the only time you're using your LR is when things have gone wrong and your starters getting tagged. It would seem logical a team on a roll could eat up the new guy, thus inflated era.
  • Options
    JonnyBaseball99JonnyBaseball99 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    That's one of the things that came to my mind as well. Ive put my best legend SR pitchers in there and they all get hit hard. Yimi does better against usual opponents but legend teams hit him around big time.