Options

Does anyone play HR Derby Battles?

KCChamps15KCChamps15 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
I just got Cespedes from the Slugfest event, and wanted to try out some of the higher-level HR Derby Battles to see if I could win some gold.

I tried about 20 times yesterday to start a Diamond Derby matchup, but with all the searching I never found an opponent. I've tried a couple more times today with no luck. The only derby I was able to actually play is the Bronze Derby, and all the others never found a match.

Is this an issue with the app, or is there just no one playing HR Derbies? It would be a shame to go through all the glitches and crashes Glu experienced when adding this feature, only to have no one use it...

Comments

• Options
    LegendsLegends Registered Users 10 Posts
    I've seen people complain about hacks for the derby battles, teams getting more than 10 pitches, hitting the ball an excessive distance, etc. I'm sure nobody wants to waste gold only to be cheated on. Just a guess though, since that's why I don't play it.
  • Options
    astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Getting thorough that battle without the derby glitch is impressive.

I never play the derby because of cheaters.
  • Options
    ADub304ADub304 Registered Users 17 Posts
    Yea I've been burnt by the glitch quite a few times and that was even in lower level derbys. So I just stopped playing them for that reason alone.
  • Options
    AJD804AJD804 Registered Users 15 Posts
    Legends wrote: »
    I've seen people complain about hacks for the derby battles, teams getting more than 10 pitches, hitting the ball an excessive distance, etc. I'm sure nobody wants to waste gold only to be cheated on. Just a guess though, since that's why I don't play it.
    ADub304 wrote: »
    Yea I've been burnt by the glitch quite a few times and that was even in lower level derbys. So I just stopped playing them for that reason alone.

Yeah in the beginning I was making a decent amount of gold playing the 50 gold derbies. Then I ran into someone that I suspected was hacking the game and I really haven't played them since. That and the rake is just too high
  • Options
    JawnyJawny Registered Users 3 Posts
    I've had a couple times where I had bad reception and had more than 10 ***** thrown to me
  • Options
    BuckFutterBuckFutter Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    AJD804 wrote: »
    the rake is just too high

Yep, that's my reason for not playing them, along with the cheaters and the fact that it's nearly impossible to find a game at the higher levels. F Glu.