Options

How Brackets Work

RoyalStarfishRoyalStarfish Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
Hey all,

My club was placed in a bracket that already has a ton of points in the Top 10. I left for other clubs and found comparatively weaker brackets. My question is, why are we placed in such a strong bracket? Is there a way to get placed into a weaker bracket?
This also happened during the weekend event as well, we were placed in one of the toughest brackets.

Thanks,
RoyalStarfish

Comments

• Options
    JuicingFTWJuicingFTW Registered Users 11 Posts
    Good question, certainly alot takes play in that algorithm. Been studying a bit and the only thing i know for a certainty is if your team finishes top 10 in any given day, you are all but guaranteed a tough bracket the following day/rest of week.

Whats funny is this fact in of itself basically negates the value of any accolade you get during the week for main event, unless your team is an elite 1%er. What good is a 1.3x multiplier when you are now you are in a top tier main event bracket when you have to score additional millions of points to rank high?

Individual team ranking is another significant factor, generally the lower ranked team gets into an easier bracket if creating a new club. From a couple week sample pool of creating new teams with 1.5 star/3 star/4 star teams, i would guesstimate around a 30%+ higher likelihood of easier bracket 1.5 star over 4 star
    Roidragersunited
  • Options
    JonnyBaseball99JonnyBaseball99 Registered Users, Member 16 Posts
    I have noticed that if you have win protection the clubs in your bracket for the weekend event do too for the most part. Whenever we end up with win streak protection we end up against impossibly hard teams in our group.