Options

5 Star/Prime Box Worth it?

hweyvhhweyvh Registered Users 9 Posts
I only generally have 10-20k gold MAX to spend once every two months or so during gold rewards. My team is currently 4.5 Stars, with a severe lack of good pitchers. Im not comfortable risking my 20k for the legend box, is it a good idea to do prime boxes and 5 star boxes? How much am i looking at to get the 5 star and or prime from the boxes?

Also, if any club is looking for a hanger on during the weekend, I can put up a few points, not a whole lot. I'd love Lincecum.

Comments

• Options
    theangrybuddhatheangrybuddha Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
    no. mystery boxes suck.
  • Options
    InsertteamhereInsertteamhere Registered Users, Member 268 Posts
    hweyvh wrote: »
    I only generally have 10-20k gold MAX to spend once every two months or so during gold rewards. My team is currently 4.5 Stars, with a severe lack of good pitchers. Im not comfortable risking my 20k for the legend box, is it a good idea to do prime boxes and 5 star boxes? How much am i looking at to get the 5 star and or prime from the boxes?

Also, if any club is looking for a hanger on during the weekend, I can put up a few points, not a whole lot. I'd love Lincecum.

With 10-20K you could put up a bunch of points this weekend. I've seen clubs win the weekend with 6 mil. I'd go that route. Promise a club a bunch of points and deliver. Put up above 250K and I might know a good club for you.
  • Options
    hweyvhhweyvh Registered Users 9 Posts
    Anyone know an approximate amount of gold I'd be spending to get a prime or 5 star from the boxes?

As well, whats the best way to spend my gold?
  • Options
    Devildoc87Devildoc87 Registered Users 144 Posts
    Its hard to say, its completely random. My best guess would be between 10-25 boxes per prime/5 star. If your going to try it, do it doing fan rewards. At least then u have the chance to double up
  • Options
    AJD804AJD804 Registered Users 15 Posts
    I don't think anyone knows for sure but i remember a discussion on here where some surmised that the odds of getting the top prize were equal to what it would cost for a player of that level in the fan rewards.

In other words it costs 10k for a 5 star player so they figured it would be about 40-1 at 250 gold per 5 star box. 28-1 for the Prime box and about 17-1 for Legend box.
  • Options
    Tanman19azTanman19az Registered Users 15 Posts
    These club events have become pointless for me. You win draft picks that don't give you anything useful. The mystery boxes that you win always net cash or more useless draft picks. Half my team is 5 stars and the rest is 4.5 stars. My picks rarely turn a 5 stars

The only cool factor is to be one of the point leaders in the club and the competition to place 1st.

Basically the rewards don't match the effort and gold put in to winning
  • Options
    Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    With 10-20K you could put up a bunch of points this weekend. I've seen clubs win the weekend with 6 mil. I'd go that route. Promise a club a bunch of points and deliver. Put up above 250K and I might know a good club for you.

i get tier 6 on the individual event EVERY weekend which is around 350K club points. I CANT find a club with even 10 guys that do the same. I don't care if the club WINS but i need the club to make tier 6 to recover gold spent
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • Options
    uhurricanesuuhurricanesu Registered Users 13 Posts
    I bought it and got a 4 star Ryan zimmerman so for me it's not worth it