2017 version

LCA11563LCA11563 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
Anyone know when it comes out? Wondering if I should kinda slow down with spending on '16, also, is anyone going continue playing '16 when '17 comes out?

Comments

• CheesemanCheeseman Registered Users 174 Posts
    TSB 2017 won't be out until early next year
  • TripledoubleTripledouble Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    What happens each year with the new versions? Do we get to keep anything from our current teams (players/gold/cash/stats) or is everything reset?
    Start fresh every year
  • LCA11563LCA11563 Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    This year they gave '15 players a couple #1 picks to get started I believe.
    So is it that you can continue to play '16 when '17 comes out if you want, but the app is no longer supported by glu?
  • JbsherrJbsherr Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    LCA11563 wrote: »
    So is it that you can continue to play '16 when '17 comes out if you want, but the app is no longer supported by glu?

If you want to call it support. They barely can support this year's version. You're more than welcome to play previous ones and this year they did give you a starter pack based off what level you finished last year's version at. I think I started out with 7500k in gold and some draft picks. Typically the new version comes out at the start of the major league season late March early April.
    Some countries get it one month before that. They allow a few to try out it out first to see where the issues are. Did a lot of good for this year
  • JbsherrJbsherr Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    Cheeseman wrote: »
    Some countries get it one month before that. They allow a few to try out it out first to see where the issues are. Did a lot of good for this year

That's true I forgot about that. I think it was available in Canada before us for certain.
  • zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    I just hope they fix some of the blatant cheats in 2017 to make it fun for a while once again.

Can't believe people are still just talking about slowing down spending in this version when everything can be had for free.
  • gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    Jbsherr wrote: »
    If you want to call it support. They barely can support this year's version. You're more than welcome to play previous ones and this year they did give you a starter pack based off what level you finished last year's version at. I think I started out with 7500k in gold and some draft picks. Typically the new version comes out at the start of the major league season late March early April.
    When they say support that more has to do with actually running events, fan rewards, changing mystery boxes, sales . Stuff like that stops eventually. For instance they don't do any fan rewards or anything on the original version any more. That stopped about the time this version came out. My guess is that if/when '17 comes out they will stop supporting '15 and they will stop supporting this version when '18 come out.
  • CARDINALNATIONCARDINALNATION Registered Users 9 Posts
    LCA11563 wrote: »
    This year they gave '15 players a couple #1 picks to get started I believe.

They gave '15 players a promo code, and that promo code gave you draft picks and gold. How much you were given was different from individual to individual, and was determined by how much gold you spent the year before.

IIRC, I got about 2k worth of gold to start out. Buddy of mine who spends a ****load of money on this game got like 40k.
  • iambucketheadiambuckethead Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Does the daily gold from the stadium endorsement transfer to the next year?
  • IcehammersIcehammers Registered Users, Member 54 Posts
    Why would you want to go through all this **** again?
    I am sticking with this until 17 comes out

If the hacking doesn't stop I am going over to mlb 2016 where they have a handle on the hacking.

Android users complain about the system crashing because the system is always on the lookout for hacking.

Glu does not have a monopoly on tap baseball.
    Improve your product or lose customers.
  • Stinkypujols1Stinkypujols1 Registered Users 5 Posts
    Icehammers wrote: »
    Why would you want to go through all this **** again?
    I am sticking with this until 17 comes out

If the hacking doesn't stop I am going over to mlb 2016 where they have a handle on the hacking.

Android users complain about the system crashing because the system is always on the lookout for hacking.

Glu does not have a monopoly on tap baseball.
    Improve your product or lose customers.

I completely agree. I can't see how anyone would knowingly invest any time and effort next season with all the **** that's happened this season. Especially with the hacking recently, I don't see Glu doing enough to make it better. You've seen the lack of customer service and the ineptitude for making changes in the game to fix problems. What makes you think next season's version will be any better? There are definitely other baseball games out there.

On another note, Madden Mobile is a great game for anyone who's interested in football and a much better product. EA really stepped up their game this year fixing all the issues from last season. EA actually put in a lot of effort during last season, including setting up a responsive Reddit account to address issues with malfunctions or cheating constantly monitoring the state of their product. What a novel idea.
  • Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I am a casual player who never spends money and battles others who dont spend money. I dont worry about winning prime players or competing against hackers.

I love baseball games and will play 2017 as often as i did '14, '15, and '16.

This game is fun. Not a place for my income. Just my attention.

CASUAL PLAY RULES!!!
  • Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    Does the daily gold from the stadium endorsement transfer to the next year?

Nope, new years are generally a 100% fresh start.
    I haven't tried to cheat.
    Also, it seems easier to cheat with android from what I can tell, and I have an iphone
  • SoCalWebProSoCalWebPro Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Think of Android as 'Open Source' and iPhone as the 'Commercial' version. Open Source (in this case, the .apk) can be manipulated, whereas iOS is harder. I'm purely basing this on what I know from development and nothing else.
  • zerohero99zerohero99 Registered Users 154 Posts
    It's just as easy to cheat this game with iOS as it is with Android.

There were a few obvious glitches (e.g. endorsement unlimited gold glitch) that existed only on Android and they took several more days to fix the derby rewards glitch on Android compared to iOS, but AFAIK those have all been patched.