Options

Is there a limit to how many players you can stockpile?

When I first started playing I would always trade my inactive players for #1 draft picks. Since those draft picks aren't as valuable to me anymore, I decided to start saving every player I acquired in the hopes I may be able to use them for the 3 player trades one day.

About a week ago I hit a limit where it said I couldn't lock any more players, OK, no big deal since I was still able to add players to my team list. Today I played some tournaments for the club event. First one I played I won Andrelton Simmons. Second tournament I won Angel Pagan. Went to play a third tournament and it said if I won the tournament I would get Andrelton Simmons. That seemed weird so I checked my team and Andrelton Simmons was not on it. I guess I've reached the limit and Simmons was replaced by Pagan?

Admittedly it does make sense, if someone kept stockpiling players, eventually there would be no new players for Glu to hand out. So does this confirm there is a limit? I guess I should go back to trading the worst of the worst players for draft picks so that I have room to acquire players I actually want?

Comments

• Options
    KCChamps15KCChamps15 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    So does this confirm there is a limit? I guess I should go back to trading the worst of the worst players for draft picks so that I have room to acquire players I actually want?

Yes, there is a limit. USUALLY, it will drop the worst of your players off of your roster, but in my experience that's not always the case. For instance, I have several primes and a few legends in my inactives, and it will keep dropping Legend Brad Ausmus off of my team and keep some lesser Primes. I haven't ever experience the game dropping someone that I really wanted to keep, though.

HOWEVER, I would advise that you purge your inactives unless you really want to hold onto some guys. Last week I earned some new players, but for some reason the game would freeze anytime I tried to look at my team and people on the forums suggested it was because I had too many players on my bench. Luckily, the recent update resolved the issue and I was able to sub in my new players and update which ones I had locked, but I went ahead and traded in lots of guys even though I don't need the #1 pick, just because I'm paranoid that it'll happen again and I won't have a way to put some new Legend or Signature Player into my lineup.

Long story short: yes there is a point where new players will replace ones currently on your bench.
  • Options
    Dr. Myron GainsDr. Myron Gains Registered Users 47 Posts
    Thanks for the reply

I was also starting to worry that I'd unlock some top 5 star player but not have space on my team and he'd just be lost in the void. Purged my roster and traded everyone I couldn't lock. I ended up trading 10 players so for future reference, once you hit the max number of locked players, it seems you can stockpile up to 10 additional players
  • Options
    JuicingFTWJuicingFTW Registered Users 11 Posts
    It is set to 30 players and then it will autoboot the lowest ranking player in your team
    Roidragersunited
  • Options
    gocubsgo0128gocubsgo0128 Registered Users, Member 272 Posts
    At lower levels (when #1 picks actually help you) it makes sense to trade for the #1's. For me the only regular players (non prime, legend or signature) I have are relievers. SO I try and keep all the 5* players on my roster so they aren't offered during fan rewards and hoping I can improve my relief pitching.
  • Options
    KCChamps15KCChamps15 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    JuicingFTW wrote: »
    It is set to 30 players and then it will autoboot the lowest ranking player in your team

I'm not sure what the reasoning is, but I don't think there is a set number... When I had issue last week I had 67 unlocked inactive players (and my number of locked players was maxed out). I would advise not letting it get as bad as I did.

It would really be nice if you had the option to just drop any single player, rather than it being all-or-nothing with the trade-in.
  • Options
    ariusvideoariusvideo Registered Users 29 Posts
    There's definitely a limit to the number of inactive players you can have on your roster. Also, unless you're itching to be auto-promoted, be careful about the quality of some of those high-attribute players that you hold on to. I had been holding onto a lot of players on my bench (largely due to sentimental value and the fact that #1 picks didn't generally return anything of value) up until a couple of weekends ago when I took advantage of the Labor Day Weekend Prime event. Ended up getting my first two Legends, a Prime and a 5* SP. All that plus my inactives caused me to get auto-promoted. Even though I had read that this could happen through the forums on numerous occasions I thought, "Naw...never me! I'm 'different'. That only happens to all Legend Teams or whatever."

I'm here to tell you...it can happen to you, too. You CAN be auto-promoted! :(

So unless you're looking to get auto promoted, clean out your inactive of everything but the deepest essentials, use a few of those worthless Late Round Draft picks and get some low rated 1* guys and lock them to your inactives to keep your totals low (and prevent auto-promotes).
  • Options
    theferrettheferret Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    They will not dump a legend, elite, or prime player from your team, so long as you do not acquire a regular player that has better stats (or have them locked).