Best legend pitchers??

Ive searched the forum and couldn't really find much on people debating who the top legend pitchers are. Just want guys opinions on who's their ace (really 1-5) and who you've had the best results with in this game. I know theres more legend pitchers but these are the ones I have and/or know their stats.
1. Phil Niekro 6/11/12
2. Tom Seaver 11/12/12
3. Orel Hershiser 10/11/12
4. Nolan Ryan 12/7/12
5. Gaylord Perry 9/11/11
Roy Oswald 8/12/11
Vida Blue 12/10/10
Bert Blyleven 9/12/10
Dock Ellis 7/12/10
Tommy John 8/12/10
Don L****n 9/11/10

Comments

• SumadeeznutzSumadeeznutz Registered Users, Member 37 Posts
    Seaver is the best then between hershiser and marichal
  • theferrettheferret Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    Agreed. with that roster, I would go Seaver, Orel, Ryan, Niekro, then either Perry or Oswalt. Some might say Vida Blue (lefty balance), but I value stuff over everything else.
  • KCChamps15KCChamps15 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    Newyorker wrote: »
    Ive searched the forum and couldn't really find much on people debating who the top legend pitchers are. Just want guys opinions on who's their ace (really 1-5) and who you've had the best results with in this game. I know theres more legend pitchers but these are the ones I have and/or know their stats.

Here's who I have:

Ace - Tom Seaver 11-12-12
    2 - Juan Marichal 10-12-12
    3 - Orel Hershiser 10-11-12
    4 - Catfish Hunter 10-12-11
    5 - I rotate guys here...
    Vida Blue 12-10-10
    Nolan Ryan 12-7-12
    Phil Niekro 6-11-12

People don't give Niekro much credit, but out of the 3 guys I use in my #5 spot he has the best ERA (around 6.5 compared to 7-8 for the other two). His knuckleball is wicked so he's basically like a Legend version of RA Dickey and is hard to score runs on. I put Vida Blue in there sometimes because he strikes out the most batters (19.5 K/9 is the highest strikeout rate of all my pitchers). I keep Nolan Ryan in the rotation just because I really like him....

My team is at the Greatest of All Time level, which makes the ERA numbers more understandable (and makes Vida Blue's strikeout rate even more impressive).

When all is said and done, though, Seaver is a beast and Marichal isn't far behind.
  • NewyorkerNewyorker Registered Users 23 Posts
    Interesting...yeah id love to get Marichal but all this time I've had Neikro as my ace just because even though he doesn't strikeout as many he always produces weak contact. and when i use an ice wrap and need him in a big spot he does come through most of the time however i think ill try with Seaver as my ace and see how that works out...
  • tbattitbatti Registered Users 433 Posts
    Live play go with Ryan.

Vs. the computer that's another debate but Seaver for auto play would be my choice.
  • astrosbaseball2016astrosbaseball2016 Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I've had more success with Hersh than Seaver. Then Maricha, Niekro and Ryan... blue could be good depending on your opponents being a lefty and all.
  • PHILLYPHANPHILLYPHAN Registered Users 97 Posts
    I have to say
    1. Seaver.
    2. Orel
    3. Marichal
    4. Ryan
    5. Phil Niekro

It varies on with opposition but Orel is the best vs. human 2nd or 3rd best against sim where Seaver rules. Ryan is a strikeout beast but gives up runs to good teams, and Niekro is suprising effective at times better then top guys. Below 12 stuff i like catfish
  • nexxus6nexxus6 Banned Users 108 Posts
    Seaver for auto_play is the best.