Options

last home run battle event-Jeff Bagwell

BlandBland Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
I'm curious if anyone was able to get him from the last slugger event. I made it to level 8, round 8, to face Brett Boone (122 slugging), and spent over 10k in gold trying to beat him with an event buster yeonis cespedes (106 slugging, only one higher available was 108), max stat boost and retries. I must have tried 10 times before I was cashed out, of those only one time did he score under 7100 and I lost by 1 foot, even if I had won I can't imagine beating 2 more sluggers that are even more powerful than 122.

Comments

• Options
    YouknowyouglitchYouknowyouglitch Registered Users 69 Posts
    I had the same thing happen last week on Boone. He was beatable with a perfect game when he had a bad game, but I have no idea how anyone beat the guys after him.
  • Options
    Cr00kxCr00kx Registered Users 90 Posts
    I got round 9 and game restarted spent like 15k then got to round 8 and spent almost 30k more and ran out of gold n didnt win em ☹️️
  • Options
    KCChamps15KCChamps15 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    Last week to earn Ortiz, I was able to get Pujols from the Buster box at 122, which helped out a ton. I only got him after I had failed at Level 8 multiple times using Bryant and Buster Harper.

However, this week I kept checking the list of available Busters and none over 108 ever appeared. Does anyone know how folks (myself included) were able to get 122 Pujols as an option last week, but never saw him come up this week? The conspiracy theorist in me thinks that they only make him available after you spend gold on boosts and still fail out a few times, but I didn't want to waste gold this week trying to figure it out (not any more than I had already wasted on about 50 buster boxes).
  • Options
    YouknowyouglitchYouknowyouglitch Registered Users 69 Posts
    That makes me feel a lot better because last week before the hr Derby glitch fix I must have spent over 50k trying for Ortiz. I only had a 108 Bryant though. Getting so close And not getting Ortiz was a spirit crusher.
  • Options
    THECUBSHATTHECUBSHAT Registered Users 3 Posts
    I got Ortiz a couple weeks ago. I tried with a 106 hitter and couldn't get it done with Max boosts . I then spent thousands for Harper out of their rewards boxes with 108 power. I had to use Max boost and basically have perfect runs against the last 6 batters. Didn't even try for Bagwell. It costs a **** ton of gold upgrading players, buying boosts, and then replaying matches.
  • Options
    KCChamps15KCChamps15 Registered Users, Member 50 Posts
    THECUBSHAT wrote: »
    I got Ortiz a couple weeks ago. I tried with a 106 hitter and couldn't get it done with Max boosts . I then spent thousands for Harper out of their rewards boxes with 108 power. I had to use Max boost and basically have perfect runs against the last 6 batters. Didn't even try for Bagwell. It costs a **** ton of gold upgrading players, buying boosts, and then replaying matches.

This was my experience during the Ortiz event as well. The difference is, I failed out a couple times on the final level using 108 Harper with full boosts every time. After that I hit that "info" button by the Buster Box and saw that 122 Pujols was in the list, so I bought a ton of those boxes until I got him. That made it a much more manageable level.

I have no idea what triggered 122 Pujols to be available, if anything. During the Bagwell even I bought hundreds of Buster Boxes thinking if you got the top 4 guys available then he'd be an option (or someone else in the 120's), but that didn't work. I attempted the final level with 108 Harper and full boosts again, just like last time, and still didn't see a better Buster in the list.

Did they remove that additional option to make it harder? Or did I miss something that might have triggered the availability of a next-level Buster slugger?