Options

Home run derby simply isn't fun

llamasllamas Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
I don't spend money on this game, keep getting matched against 98s or up in the lowest competing area. What is the point of playin?

Comments

• Options
    Rhound50Rhound50 Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Yeah I totally agree, just trying to get points for my club and my best is 83, nothing like getting matched up back to back with guys 90+ putting up 5500 and 6000 points and losing. Whats the point.
  • Options
    llamasllamas Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    It's a total joke.
  • Options
    BlandBland Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    llamas wrote: »
    I don't spend money on this game, keep getting matched against 98s or up in the lowest competing area. What is the point of playin?

I think the HR derby is great because it actually adds an element of skill to the game. Back when my highest slugger was manny machado (91 slugging) I would beat players using prime Ortiz (107 slugging) many times where i had a perfect game and the other player missed one, or they went 10/12 and i went 11/12. With the derby the player with the better hitter isn't guaranteed a win. The rest of the game is too auto play driven where people who have dumped a ton of gold to get an all legend team can just auto play all week and win every time, or corner the gold market in leagues. Sounds like you should be practicing your derby hitting instead of whining.
  • Options
    CranescurveballCranescurveball Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    I think the derby has pros and cons. I do like the element of skill it brings to the events but it is very time consuming. With the other events I can watch TV or cook supper or help my kids while I auto play. With the derby I have to focus all my attention to the screen. I dont recommend playing derby when your tired lol and nothing worse than winning and losing connection
  • Options
    FiskFisk Registered Users 8 Posts
    Home Runs might be the best part of this game - pure skill and real rewards. Just "clicking" to see if your team won in most of the other events requires zero talent and is boring.
  • Options
    GariputoGariputo Registered Users 38 Posts
    Fisk wrote: »
    Home Runs might be the best part of this game - pure skill and real rewards. Just "clicking" to see if your team won in most of the other events requires zero talent and is boring.

I like the derby but GLU takes 40% of the head to head gold and the multi day events are great but you need to spend a whole lot of gold no matter how good your slugger is and how good you actually are at the derby. I doubt anyone has won the slugger prize without boosts, I don’t think it’s possible.
    Basically, derby is fun but not nearly fun enough to spend money on.
  • Options
    RobotstoveRobotstove Registered Users 163 Posts
    Fisk wrote: »

It's not purely skill, you can pay to win with big sluggers vs lower sluggers, and there is an element of RNG associated with it. You can hit 12 perfect homeruns and get a different score every time.
    In-game name: Robotstove
    In TSB 2014: Legends, beat playoffs fourteen times (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2015: Greatest of All Time (GOAT) (RETIRED)
    In TSB 2016: Recently returned and rising!

I have come back to play TSB 2016, so you can join me and others in a general TSB 2016 chat using Discord: https://discord.gg/t9yTMgx

Look forward to chatting with everyone!
  • Options
    Domin8tingDomin8ting Registered Users 10 Posts
    Pure skill??? No. I can go 12 for 12 and still lose 100%. Of the time. No skull in that. Real life Homerun derby die not go off distance. There is no skill involved when you hit 12 homeruns and lose
  • Options
    BlandBland Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Domin8ting wrote: »
    Pure skill??? No. I can go 12 for 12 and still lose 100%. Of the time. No skull in that. Real life Homerun derby die not go off distance. There is no skill involved when you hit 12 homeruns and lose

Oh but there's skill when an all legend/signature team can just tap "autoplay" and automatically win every time? If there's no skill in HR derby then how is it that on so many occasions I have been able to beat higher hitting sluggers that go 11/12, or even 12/12 where 1 or more of their home runs were "tipped" home runs? By your logic then when you play regular games you should only get matched up with an exactly even team every time, which clearly isn't the case. At least in hr derby you have a chance against a higher slugger if you hit a better game, which, requires some skill as opposed to just tapping auto play.