CUSTOMER (non)SUPPORT

BlandBland Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
Towards the end of the HR derby last night I was unable to get matched with anyone. Then when I went into my clubs tab and member participation it listed me as the only member in my club and that I had only contributed 70,000 points when I had earned a lot more than that. The club shop was also unavailable. By looking at some of the other posts it looks like I may have been put in "glu jail"?

During the hr event I was using slugger cev that I had won in the hr event, and mostly playing the 2k and 5k matches. I won a lot, and I lost a lot, but was winning more games than I was losing. Can someone explain to me why this is a cause to be put in “glu jail” and not be able to play the hr derby anymore or participate in club events? What triggers being put in “glu jail.”

Anyways, so what I did last night is report the problem to customer service in the game and pm the admin in this forum and the new forum to "blue leopard". Have I gotten a response or my account unlocked? If you're guess is "yes" you'd be incorrect. Still no response and no fix.

Here’s what I have a hard time understanding. This company, like any other company, wants to make money. They make money when people purchase gold. There is an incentive to purchase gold to be able to win hr events to get the slugger reward so that you get the benefit of that reward. So why would anyone purchase gold to win a hr event to get the slugger if you get jailed for using that slugger and winning more than you lose? You wouldn’t. This deters people from participating in the hr event and purchasing gold to try and win. I'm no business consultant, but wouldn't it be better business to make sure that people that are barred from playing and put in "glu jail" are actually Cheating somehow.

Comments

• FlrageFlrage Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    They've jailed 3 of my teams for winning 100k in gold. There big money isn't from us its from there advertising.Thats why there customer service is so ****ty. All they need is suckers like us to download there games and advertisers look at download traffic to decide who they want to pay to do there advertising. I mean for god sakes Hillary Clintons fund was even advertising on here. Whatever money they get from people that spend money in game is icing on the cake to them.Yes its sad but unfortunately true.Any other company that needs you to stay with them to make money would do whatever they can to keep you.This company doesnt need that though.
  • BlandBland Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Well if people stop playing because they get banned for winning then there will be nobody watching the advertisements.

also: day 4 and still no response from glu
    Update: day 5 and still no response.
  • Ellinas9906Ellinas9906 Registered Users 30 Posts
    Same here. Having issues loading the app on most occasions. Only worked a handfull of times.

Its been 3 days no response. I added a note in Customer Support forum. Thorough the App. And send them an e-mail. Still no response.
  • llamasllamas Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    You think they'll ever respond?
  • blueleopardblueleopard Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I mean if you use the proper forum, there's a better chance of someone responding.
    The Grand Master of the New Tap Sports Baseball Forums
    Join them today at http://www.tapsportsbaseballforums.com
    what is the proper forum? You don't respond to PM's. No one responds to in game customer support messages or emails or to any messages on any forum. So what is this proper forum you speak of!?!?

When you tell people to PM you with issues, you're supposed to then respond to those PMs, and not a week later. Anyone can tell people to PM them, but responding to the PM and fixing the issue is the most important part. For more guidance on this I defer to the teachings of Seinfeld:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T2GmGSNvaM
    Day 3 of being jailed for winning 2 5k games on thursday, and here's the response I receive from customer support:

"Upon review of your account, we found unusual activities resulting in high balances of credits acquired using an unauthorized cheat tool or exploit in our game.
    Your account has been flagged for abuse.
    If we detect any further activity of this kind, we will have to take further measures against you including, but not limited to, revoking of your license to use Glu Mobile games. Please review our terms of use at this link:
    http://www.glu.com/terms.
    Your compliance with all provisions of our terms of use is required in order to continue using Glu’s products.
    Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation - it is most appreciated."

Now, I don't use a "cheat tool" or an "exploit" in their game. Of course some will ya "ya right". Nothing I can do as you can't prove a negative. I responded asking what specifically their review showed that made them conclude that I was using a "cheat tool" or exploit. What was their response? Nothing, as expected. Because they know I didn't use any of those things, I won my gold legit through HR derby, which I was able to do by getting good sluggers which I did at first by purchasing gold. Also, everyone knows that anyone that played and won a 5k game on thursday when the hr event first started was jailed. I highly doubt that all of the 304834 people that were jailed all use "cheat tools" or "exploits." So in essence they've stolen from me and all the others that have been jailed, they stole the money we've spent on this game by taking the benefit we were supposed to receive from that purchase. This company is run by crooks.
  • llamasllamas Registered Users, Member 86 Posts
    Bland wrote: »
    Day 3 of being jailed for winning 2 5k games on thursday, and here's the response I receive from customer support:

"Upon review of your account, we found unusual activities resulting in high balances of credits acquired using an unauthorized cheat tool or exploit in our game.
    Your account has been flagged for abuse.
    If we detect any further activity of this kind, we will have to take further measures against you including, but not limited to, revoking of your license to use Glu Mobile games. Please review our terms of use at this link:
    http://www.glu.com/terms.
    Your compliance with all provisions of our terms of use is required in order to continue using Glu’s products.
    Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation - it is most appreciated."

Now, I don't use a "cheat tool" or an "exploit" in their game. Of course some will ya "ya right". Nothing I can do as you can't prove a negative. I responded asking what specifically their review showed that made them conclude that I was using a "cheat tool" or exploit. What was their response? Nothing, as expected. Because they know I didn't use any of those things, I won my gold legit through HR derby, which I was able to do by getting good sluggers which I did at first by purchasing gold. Also, everyone knows that anyone that played and won a 5k game on thursday when the hr event first started was jailed. I highly doubt that all of the 304834 people that were jailed all use "cheat tools" or "exploits." So in essence they've stolen from me and all the others that have been jailed, they stole the money we've spent on this game by taking the benefit we were supposed to receive from that purchase. This company is run by crooks.
    You won't get a response on any of these forums, widen your audience and put it on their twitter page- https://twitter.com/glutapsports. Additionally, as this is a public company you can also let their stockholders know by posting on stocktwits http://stocktwits.com/symbol/GLUU?q=GLUU - good luck
  • steelballsteelball Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
    Were u able to get your team back or is it still locked?
    Still jailed. Day 4. Many other I've talked to are still jailed as well after they won a 5k game on Thursday.
  • DjpolitixDjpolitix Registered Users 7 Posts
    I got jailed on Thursday as well as a few more of my friends. This can't stand. We've nothing wrong but play the game. They have allowed us to get better hitters so we could be better than others but then we get jailed for being to good. What sense does that make? My second team got banned as well. It doesn't have all the great hitters but once my first team got jailed I switched to it. I won a 5k after the guy missed 2 and I was jailed immediately. This is ****.
    I've contacted apple via online customer service requesting that all the money i've spent on this game be refunded. They indicated that a rep will be in contact with me soon. I would suggest everyone else do the same. I'm sure apple isn't pleased having to devote resources to deal with its customers being ripped off by this inept company.

Day 5 still no fix.
  • DjpolitixDjpolitix Registered Users 7 Posts
    I just got unjailed. I hope this happens for the rest of you. Good luck.