INPUT NEEDED- Suggestions for TSB '17

Comments

• aidanloganaidanlogan Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    How about a mercy rule?  When you are losing or winning by more than 10 after 4 innings you automatically win or lose due to mercy rule.
  • ChrisBlueJChrisBlueJ Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    Angels61 said:
    MSUBEARS said:
    Let us carry our current team to the new game

Would be nice, but no chance GLU is gonna allow that. Besides, there are lots of ALL LEGEND teams around that were not acquired fairly, and I don't really wanna keep playing them !!!!
    Agreed on the Legends, however, maybe carry over current players, including signature players, to the next season. Any players that retire don't get carried over, but any non-Signature players get an automatic stat update; so, Aaron Sanchez goes from a 1.5 star reliever to a 5star starter, or a Joakim Scotia currently a 4.5 star reliever (I believe) becomes a 2.5 or 3 star reliever, based on this year's performance. 

Mid-Season performance updates for players would be nice too. 
  • Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    Angels61 said:
    MSUBEARS said:

Would be nice, but no chance GLU is gonna allow that. Besides, there are lots of ALL LEGEND teams around that were not acquired fairly, and I don't really wanna keep playing them !!!!
    Agreed on the Legends, however, maybe carry over current players, including signature players, to the next season. Any players that retire don't get carried over, but any non-Signature players get an automatic stat update; so, Aaron Sanchez goes from a 1.5 star reliever to a 5star starter, or a Joakim Scotia currently a 4.5 star reliever (I believe) becomes a 2.5 or 3 star reliever, based on this year's performance. 

They did roster updates around the all star break in the previous versions of this game.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
    Angels61 said:
    Angels61 said:
    MSUBEARS said:

They did roster updates around the all star break in the previous versions of this game.
    I didn't notice or see any this year. That would have been interesting to see how some players would have changed over the season. 
  • OverratedOverrated Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    Make it to where u can trade players or items between club members 
  • OverratedOverrated Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    Guys while the glitchers are rampant, think about this... Glu does get money from advertisers... The glitches have people on for hours on end... Business model huh, if u can go to an advertiser and say look how many people are on our game... Do the math... More money then the 20 gold pack I bought...
  • ShiftsniperShiftsniper Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Would love it if there were more options for prizes for tournaments. Won over 50 tournaments today with all 3.5 star SP not a single one of which would make my team. Would rather have an ice wrap, energy drink, or like 1 bonus game for the prize. 
  • theferrettheferret Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    1) Purchase pitching boosts.  Allow pitchers stats to be upped +1, +2, or +4 for a game. At the very least, +1 and +2.  Would cost gold, but would also give teams another option to improve for the game when facing stronger opponent.  While we're at it, add pitchers to the franchise coin.  

2) Pause option when you have a streak going in sprint/weekend events.  People have lives outside of this game and can't sit on their phone 12 hours straight (well, most people have lives anyway. there are a few I question). If I'm on a streak, I shouldn't have to forfeit it because I have to drive home from work or put my kid to bed.  Limit it to two pauses total during sprint, 4 for the weekend event, with the pause max 1 hour. 

3) You are allowed to carry over only a specific amount of players from each year to following year.  Instead of entire rosters, limit the number of players.  mix of pitching/hitting, or all hitters/all pitchers, however you want to work it out.  

4) Lower level teams have ability to put up points on par with everyone else.  Bonus Game day, weekend/sprint events allow even a 1* team to pitch in and help the club if they could get a streak going.  League (when it was there)/HR Derby/Tournament days, those same teams can put up little to no points, which really doesn't help a club at all and limits their ability to truly improve since clubs will kick the weak team.  Would help balance playing field a bit.

5) When playing, give a player the option to take an extra base.  many times, an 11 speed guy had rounded 2nd with the ball in RF that the guy just picked it up, yet he stays on 2nd.  Give me the option to send him to 3rd.  Or if he's heading to 3rd and you want to risk it, give me chance to send him home. 

• bigditka1bigditka1 Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    How about a customer service dept. that actually does something other than take way way to much time to get back to you on a topic. These so called administrators on here are just as bad . May as well be sending smoke signals. 
  • blueleopardblueleopard Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    In-Game chat would be cool.
    The Grand Master of the New Tap Sports Baseball Forums
    Join them today at http://www.tapsportsbaseballforums.com
  • AbandonedBarnsAbandonedBarns Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    There should be an option for runners on base to advance during a play at home. 
    It's an attention to detail thing and probably serves no purpose if the defense is not programmed to think of it, but I haven't noticed the  infield fly rule enforced. 
    Pinch runners
    I think it would be cool if there was a way to zoom out to see how the entire defense is playing. 
    It's another attention to detail thing, but it drives me nuts to see the defensive players move 5x as fast as my fastest player. Is there no way to smooth that out so they don't appear to be running 70 mph?
    I think it would be cool to see a "batting clinic", Firstly, the individual rules for the batting algorithm could be taught there:
    - if I swing at a ball, will it always be a strike?
    - can I go the other way by holding back on my swing?
    - is it better to swing at a curve or wait for a fastball?
    - etc. 

Also, you could pay some cash or gold to improve individual player's batting attributes; timing, bunting, etc.
    Pinch runners
    There is/was an option to put in a pinch runner, but like the pinch hitter, it isn't offered till late in the game. 
  • BobbybooBobbyboo Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    Don't allow name changes after you choose one for your team. Easier to find cheaters which there seems to be lots. 
  • R0botstoveR0botstove Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    1. Allow people to "apply" to clubs. The people in the club can see the list of people applying and accept or deny them. 

2. Allow clubs to ban and unban people. This should be something only the leader and assistants can do. Ideally the ban would not just be attached to a username but the account itself so if they change their name, they still cannot join unless unbanned.
    I have a suggestion with regards to playing live like the HR Derbies. 

Play at a live manual game against another player.  What I mean, one player is batting (as normal) and the other player is doing the pitch calling, deciding when to throw to first, intentional walk, and most key, pulling a pitcher mid inning when he's struggling. 

I think it would bring back some of the fun of the game, that we all fell in love with first. 
    Build up players starting stats by how one manually plays that player. So, if someone slow plays a team and for example a 1star hitter is able to hit well, then becomes 2star or better if they hit consistently. Kind of like how a player actually develops. 
  • digitbumdigitbum Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Angels61 said:

legend Mariano Rivera 11 12 12

ROSTER UPDATES !!!  (EX: Aaron Sanchez is a 1.5star reliever in this years game instead of 5 star starter)

And agreed with previous comment on Guerrero, but more like 95% chance of contact

DROP the HR derby

DROP the crap prizes in mystery boxes. If I spend 2000 gold on a box (which is approx. $30 with GLU pricing) I want a GOOD player, not cash or franchise coins or draft picks which yield mostly 3 star players

You are so correct. It's deceiving in that we are expecting a prime player and yet cash shows up....so I don't even but those anymore.
    SportsFan said:

I agree with many of these ideas. Somehow we should be able to protect part of our 2016 team. even if it is just half the team or 7-8 players. The others get dropped into the FA pool.

HR Derby SUCKS... get rid of it....

5* teams DO NOT NEED Late, second or first round picks. Most have no need for #1 picks either

Make the #1 picks actually worthwhile. Getting a 3* player with a #1 pick shouldn't happen. They should be at least 4 or 4.5*

Platoon players between lefty/righty situations.

Let us complete our own batting lineup.

Easier to get gold.

When offering rewards, make sure that it is something the team can use.

Players who play multiple positions should be allowed to play them here as well.

Have updates more often.

Team should compete against teams in same level as them. A 'Veteran" should not have to play against a "star" or "all-star" level team.

SportsFan said:

I agree with many of these ideas. Somehow we should be able to protect part of our 2016 team. even if it is just half the team or 7-8 players. The others get dropped into the FA pool.

5* teams DO NOT NEED Late, second or first round picks. Most have no need for #1 picks either

Make the #1 picks actually worthwhile. Getting a 3* player with a #1 pick shouldn't happen. They should be at least 4 or 4.5*

Easier to get gold.

Players who play multiple positions should be allowed to play them here as well.

Have updates more often.

Team should compete against teams in same level as them. A 'Veteran" should not have to play against a "star" or "all-star" level team.

SportsFan said:

Easier to get gold.

Have updates more often.

SportsFan said:

Easier to get gold.

Have updates more often.

SportsFan are you saying when '17 starts we have to start from the beginning???? If so I'll never play again

Few Suggestions,

Give players secondary positions (ie Kris Bryant can play 3B, or OF) just like in real life.  Maybe even allow SS to play 2b or 3b (common change in real baseball)

Allow Platooning- I you can do different batting orders vs Lefties and Righties but Left hand vs right hand seems to have significant advantage maybe have a way where I can platoon a guy and Start the person based off which hand the opposing starter has (I think players should at least need to be subs, not from inactives) Also let us actually set the lineup we want not just whatever it defaults too)

Comparing Stats- give stats for guys at current level and over all ( some of my stats were gotten 5-6 promotions ago and its hard to see who the true best players are)

Give us opponent's due up-  Again Righty Lefty advantage is important, it would be nice to see who your opponent has due up to help decide which relief pitcher you want to use.

Franchise Coins- At a certain point they become useless, give them additional uses.  One suggestion is if my starter is getting rocked in first 2-3 innings I can sub in and different starter, but it costs a franchise coin.  (this option should only be available when starter is struggling and you are asked if you want to bring in a reliever) 

Allow trading between teams-  It would have to be even in terms of stars or something ( but I know I have some prime outfielders inactive, but I have 1 4.5* reliever, maybe I can trade the prime outfielder to my friend for his reliever, (even if this costs some gold)  

I would like for me to be able to pitch and/or bat.

Have different seasons, cold, hot, cloudy, nighttime play as well. 

But all good points

If you keep the Derby in 2017, provide a practice round, or make the cash level play against an automated player. It's hard to learn how to play derby in the lower levels when there's no one on, and too risky to play in the higher gold levels, where all the Prime Derby players are waiting. 
  • JbsherrJbsherr Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    If you keep the Derby in 2017, provide a practice round, or make the cash level play against an automated player. It's hard to learn how to play derby in the lower levels when there's no one on, and too risky to play in the higher gold levels, where all the Prime Derby players are waiting. 
    BlueJ  I think that's a very good idea!
  • Roadkill1214Roadkill1214 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    If derby is around in 17 I'd like another level after 5k. This one you could put an amount that you want to chance and you get matched up with a similar amount that ppl place
  • HilabranchHilabranch Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Could we please be able to trade in franchise coins for gold or ELITE signature players 
  • trammelwhitackertrammelwhitacker Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I think anything you can purchase with gold you should be able to purchase with game cash. And vice versa.