HR Event

SportsFanSportsFan Registered Users, Member 2 Posts

Why did you change the schedule?? I never liked the HR derby and still don't.

I will not play this event as I am sure othersa re thinking

Comments

• Roadkill1214Roadkill1214 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Has jailed 2k and 5k winning ppl rdkill please fix this issue just unlocked 2k derby today
  • KevinBKevinB Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    I was not able to post any club points once I played a 2k gold tourney.  There is obviously a problem with the program that needs to be fixed and teams that need to be reinstated.  

• theferrettheferret Registered Users, Member 39 Posts
    I hated the HR derby when it first came out.  I hate it even more now. 
  • ChrisBlueJChrisBlueJ Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    Yeah, not a big fan of the Derby event, there's too much at risk playing an event over a phone, when you could lose cause your phone rings, or whatever disruption happens. 
    It should never have been made an event thing, and just left alone the way it started. 
  • ShotdownShotdown Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Homerun derby is a joke it's ridiculous that the most important accolade of the week is this money grab. If you lose 1 you have to win 2 to make up for it and only 1 cash game and the points for it aren't even worth playing. This needs to be fixed 
  • BlandBland Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Homerun derby is a joke it's ridiculous that the most important accolade of the week is this money grab. If you lose 1 you have to win 2 to make up for it and only 1 cash game and the points for it aren't even worth playing. This needs to be fixed 
    I agree that the risk v. reward needs to be improved to make it more enticing. It should be:

risk 50 to win 90 instead of 80
    risk 100 to win 180 instead of 160
    risk 250 to win 450 instead of 400
    etc.

Other than that I think the HR derby is great because it actually adds an element of skill to the game. I've beaten players using prime Ortiz (107 slugging) many times with my manny machado (91 slugging) where i had a perfect game and the other player missed one, or they went 10/12 and i went 11/12. With the derby the player with the better hitter isn't guaranteed a win. The rest of the game is too auto play driven where people who have dumped a ton of gold to get an all legend team can just auto play all week and win every time, or corner the gold market in leagues. Sounds like you should be practicing your derby hitting instead of whining.

Yes whining that's what I'm doing. So when you reiterated most of my statement what were yout doing? 
  • Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    I agree that the risk v. reward needs to be improved to make it more enticing. It should be:

risk 50 to win 90 instead of 80
    risk 100 to win 180 instead of 160
    risk 250 to win 450 instead of 400
    etc.

Other than that I think the HR derby is great because it actually adds an element of skill to the game. I've beaten players using prime Ortiz (107 slugging) many times with my manny machado (91 slugging) where i had a perfect game and the other player missed one, or they went 10/12 and i went 11/12. With the derby the player with the better hitter isn't guaranteed a win. The rest of the game is too auto play driven where people who have dumped a ton of gold to get an all legend team can just auto play all week and win every time, or corner the gold market in leagues. Sounds like you should be practicing your derby hitting instead of whining.

more like risk 50 to win 100 etc.  there is NO reason that GLU needs to take a cut.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • ConformityConformity Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Not a fan of how uneven the marchups are in the club's events sometimes. It deters me and several of my club members. 
  • HarveyswallbangersHarveyswallbangers Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    It's a rip off 
  • liontribeliontribe Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    Stop it already sumadeeznutz. It was all good when you were benefiting from it, wasnt it? (before the patch) Ok then fall back, give your bed some ass and your pillow some head and stop complaining so much. Damn, from my understanding you guys have one of the best teams in the game, so whats all the complaining about?  It's all a bunch of jibberish dude.
    edited December 2016
    I haven't said anything else and it's not one of the best it's THE best 

Message From Blue:  Watch your language.
  • BobbybooBobbyboo Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    kingz said:
    Stop it already sumadeeznutz. It was all good when you were benefiting from it, wasnt it? (before the patch) Ok then fall back, give your bed some ass and your pillow some head and stop complaining so much. Damn, from my understanding you guys have one of the best teams in the game, so whats all the complaining about?  It's all a bunch of jibberish dude.
    B1tch I haven't said anything else and it's not one of the best it's THE best 
    What are your clubs? Kingz and sumadeeznuts?
  • liontribeliontribe Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    now PLAY BALL !!!!!!!!!
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    No need to bump a thread from a month ago, and there's no need for name calling and slurs, guys.
This discussion has been closed.