Options

Derby Matchups

DipDaddy007DipDaddy007 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
Anyone else with a prime or legend slugger (Bagwell, Ortiz, Bryant) only matching with others who have prime or legend sluggers? This must be a new update or something because that's all I'm getting. I'm all for fair play but what's the point of working my butt off getting one of these sluggers if that's all I'm going to be facing now? Kind of defeats the purpose in my opinion...

Comments

• Options
    BernardocBernardoc Registered Users, Member 7 Posts
    Unfortunate yea, seems like I only match up with you 
  • Options
    BattiBatti Registered Users, Member 75 Posts
    edited November 2016
    So my 98 slugger should only play legend sluggers?  I think playing against your level is the right thing to do if that is in fact what's actually happening. Why would anyone play HR derby if they always play against 105, 107 and 108 sluggers with their 5 star 98 and lower guys. If so can I get a deductible donation slip?

The other possible reason is that no one without one of those sluggers is going to play 5K. 
  • Options
    Universal1Universal1 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    edited November 2016

Not as deep as this.  I am guessing this happened around 5pm yesterday? 

Lower level people are gone due to one thing and one thing only now....

• Options
    toughcubsjmltoughcubsjml Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    They definitely switch something up.  I haven't gotten an opponent below 98 all day
  • Options
    Looks like new hitters we will have to drop 50 k to win every week too.  
  • Options
    And if you win too many matches you get thrown in glu jail.  Good luck everyone that doesn't cheat unlimited gold
  • Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only one. Like I said though, I'm all for fair play but it just kind of defeats the purpose of going for top sluggers if thats what you'll be matched up against. Still unclear if they switched something up or if there was some glitch people were using that got patched. Either way, the competition is now fierce
  • Options
    Glad to see I'm not the only one. Like I said though, I'm all for fair play but it just kind of defeats the purpose of going for top sluggers if thats what you'll be matched up against. Still unclear if they switched something up or if there was some glitch people were using that got patched. Either way, the competition is now fierce
    Something was fixed, no doubt.  You are not seeing them now because they cannot win.
  • Options
    hoopshoops Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    What gold level are you playing? I agree with a previous that u are playing those as those are the only ones who are entering as anyone lower is throwing gold away knowing everyone got their legend slugger before glitch was fixed
  • Options
    AstrosBaseballAstrosBaseball Registered Users, Member 24 Posts
    Batti said:
    So my 98 slugger should only play legend sluggers?  I think playing against your level is the right thing to do if that is in fact what's actually happening. Why would anyone play HR derby if they always play against 105, 107 and 108 sluggers with their 5 star 98 and lower guys. If so can I get a deductible donation slip?

The other possible reason is that no one without one of those sluggers is going to play 5K. 
    You absolutely should not be only getting matched up with sluggers around your level.
  • Options
    Not sure what you mean regarding the legend sluggers and glitching but I've gotten a few of them, its certainly possible. Missed out on one because I didn't budget enough time but save enough gold as you might for a fan reward weekend ~35k and it's doable. Just be prepared to retry level 8 round 7 like 25 times....

I was playing all levels actually, from 50 to 5,000. Must've been some exploit that got patched because its a lot harder to find a match now as well. 
  • Options

A glitch was patched.  That is the reason you wont see 67-77-87-92 sluggers in the higher events now as those people would be throwing gold away now.  The scoring today should be interesting to say the least.
  • Options
    hoopshoops Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Not sure what you mean regarding the legend sluggers and glitching but I've gotten a few of them, its certainly possible. Missed out on one because I didn't budget enough time but save enough gold as you might for a fan reward weekend ~35k and it's doable. Just be prepared to retry level 8 round 7 like 25 times....

I was playing all levels actually, from 50 to 5,000. Must've been some exploit that got patched because its a lot harder to find a match now as well. 

Save enough gold? The average player has no chance of saving 35k in gold without buying a lot. Lets be honest the majority of people are still using saved glitch gold. 

• Options
    I'm not sure what that is but I save up from 2 monthly subscriptions (android only apparently?), stadium, both endorsements, and I'm decent at derbies so there are ways. Unfortunately a lot of them do require some spending
  • Options
    yak2016yak2016 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    is there any change after the patch was introduced? I won't participate unless I know that I won't get 4 stars sluggers vs my 2.5 :( I thought it might be only one time issue, but nope - I have gotten 5 in a row. Not fair at all.
  • Options
    From what I have been able to gather there was likely some exploit people were using before so there were a lot of 2, 3, and 4 star sluggers in the derbies. So after an update to the game, it plays straight up now so you won't see many sluggers under 100 in the higher derbies. As far as I know any slugger match is still fair game at any derby level,  but its certainly much less likely to come across a 100+ slugger at the cash, 50 gold, and 100 gold levels. If anyone else has found anything different feel free to chime in! Hope that helps a bit
  • Options
    Yes, there was a fix to eliminate the hole people were exploiting.  With that no longer in play, people aren't willing to play with 85 sluggers in the higher events because they won't win.
  • Options
    TapaholicsTapaholics Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Let's be honest here everyone with a legend team and or slugger has cheated or used a glitch,  however I don't think using a glitch is cheating