Need advice

yak2016yak2016 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
Hi guys.

Tell me please, should I try to get to the higher league level (I am amateur now). I have being playing for 4 days, so I am not sure I could keep winning if I will face stronger teams. Is the game promotes me automatically if I don't win the finals?

Comments

• blueleopardblueleopard Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    I think what happens is if you mess up on the playoff game, you just need to win another game to get back into the playoffs.  It's been a while since I first started so I don't really remember but I think that is it
    The Grand Master of the New Tap Sports Baseball Forums
    Join them today at http://www.tapsportsbaseballforums.com
  • Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    yak2016 said:
    Hi guys.

Tell me please, should I try to get to the higher league level (I am amateur now). I have being playing for 4 days, so I am not sure I could keep winning if I will face stronger teams. Is the game promotes me automatically if I don't win the finals?
    DO NOT ADVANCE.  losing the playoffs is a great thing.  each level you advance the gamr gets a little harder.  early on a 3 hitter can hit .330.  ive been autopromoted (where the game throws you levels ahead because you team had enough stars to advance) and now if a hitter is less then a 7 he's batting .250.  i promise the game will stay more enjoyable if you go slow.  join a club.  work on upgrades and avoid or lose playoffs.  
  • yak2016yak2016 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    Do players actually improve? If I get 515 player, does it ups his skills later? Can I somehow train him?
    one more question. For the hitter 374 vs 526, which one to pick?
  • BattiBatti Registered Users, Member 75 Posts
    Take the 5/2/6 and generally also take a lefty over a righty is they have the same hit ability
    Does stars mean something? This 3/7/4 guy has 3 stars, the second one 5/2/6 has 2.5
  • BattiBatti Registered Users, Member 75 Posts
    Ignore stars take the higher hit guy especially when starting out.
    Thank you, Batti!
  • Universal1Universal1 Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    Better off having a 2.5 or 3* team, mixing in some legend/primes, and taking advantage of coins.  Lower you can stay the better off you are.  Only use that team for Sprint and Weekend events and it will get promoted more slowly.
    Thank you! Good point. I don't want to be promoted, by if I stay 2 days on the same level the game itself promotes me.
  • ChrisBlueJChrisBlueJ Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    Lock all your position players, don't let the game mess with your lineup, especially if you have something that works. The more stars your lineup, the more you get autopromoted. 
    Lock all your position players, don't let the game mess with your lineup, especially if you have something that works. The more stars your lineup, the more you get autopromoted. 
    Also, in regards to keeping low in rank i recommend a 1 star on your bench at least.  i keep a 218 guy on my pine to steal bases and hit bad enough to keep my total star level in the right league.  Also Also, by putting a premium on "stuff" rather then arm or control, your staff will be better and a rookie bumgarner's 3.5 star 7 stuff stats are good enough to play over a 667 4 star pitcher.  he wont have the better overall numbers, but if your O is strong enough your pitch can slack a bit.
    1001 - thank you!  When you are talking about lineup does it mean the starter or it could be a sub?
    One more question. I have 2 pitcher with exactly same skill set, but first one keeps era 0.28 and the second 0.42. Both are SP.
    I found that they have different styles of pitching. Could it be an answer? What "pitch style" should be I looking for?
    Lineup is both starter and sub.  no inactive is counted against your team.  but all active players. 

As for pitch, lefty vs righty makes a difference, lefties seem to get hit harder.  also their pitch selection matters, most will agree that Felix Hernandez is the best 667 Sp in the game while Rich Hill's two pitch pony minimizes his better stuff.  Play around.  Lock one guy in inactive, test the other.  take the best stats.

Thank you!