Options

HR derby is a joke

theangrybuddhatheangrybuddha Registered Users, Member 21 Posts
People have said this before, but I'll say it again. Home run derby is awful. It's just not fun. You can pull a ball with perfect timing and it'll go straight to second base. You can be playing soccer while doing this and get every ball a bit late, but still pull off 7000 points with a 3 star slugger. Basically non 5 star players can't compete even in the cash derby level without getting slammed by a Ron Cey. I didn't even mention that balls went from 60 mph to 90 mph in these past few weeks. 

Your move, guys. Roast me to hell

Comments

• Options
    BlandBland Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    Look on the bright side. You didn't get jailed for winning cash. 
  • Options
    DipDaddy007DipDaddy007 Registered Users, Member 8 Posts
    Honestly I find the derbies pretty fun and a great way to make some gold back (when they're working properly). Yes, it can cost 10k, 20k, or even 60k gold to win the event sluggers but I have made that back many times over using those sluggers so it can be a decent investment if you practice up. 

The one thing that drives me nuts about the derbies though is that the homer distance seems fairly arbitrary. I can put the exact same swing on the same speed pitch and hit it over the exact same part of the wall and one might go 490 and the other may go 525. Sometimes hard pulls go further, other times dead center is the way to go. If anyone else on here thinks theres a rhyme or reason to this please chime in, I can't figure it out and its beyond frustrating.
  • Options
    bobblehead1151bobblehead1151 Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    I just hate the different speeds of pitches. They should all be the same speed
  • Options
    HarveyswallbangersHarveyswallbangers Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    They need to fix the issue with fyber taking their time to give you the gold you deserve  :'(