Percentages of mystery box/draft, etc.

bstehlbstehl Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
anyway glu can actually publish the percentages of actually getting certain players in mystery boxes, draft, etc.

it honestly seems completely rigged and shady... they show all these options but it is obvious that you really have no chance of getting anything... I opened over 25 mystery boxes and never got anything more than cash or the lowest player.  I have opened over 75 #1 draft picks and still not gotten a 5 star player.

as for the collections, you can pay the 100 gold to keep selecting and I have never gotten anything but cash.

In the sluggers draft, I did over 20 gold picks and still never got a 5 star.

Basically the whole thing is completely bullcrap to get you to keep spending money non stop.

if you had to actually publish the percentages like gambling we could see how unlikely it actually is to get each option.

Comments

• hits4harambehits4harambe Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing the percentages too.

I thought the one way I could possibly up my roster is hold out for the 1500 gold where you get 5 number ones with one being a 4.5 or better. While that is true, so far both of my 4.5 star drafts have been second basemen (which was already a position of strength for me.)
  • bstehlbstehl Registered Users, Member 40 Posts
    I have now opened over 100 #1 draft picks without getting a 5 star player.  This also includes doing the 1500 gold thing multiple times.  Obviously the odds are worse than 1 in 100 to get a 5 star.  

Want to weigh in at all blue leopard?
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    A #1 Draft Pick guarantees you a 3-star player or better.  Given that the greater majority of players we have in the game are 3+ star players, of course the odds of you getting a 5 are going to be low.  

How many of the last five #1 picks in the MLB are all-stars?

For every mystery box horror story, there's one of absolute luck.  That's why it's a mystery.
  • purplebobcatpurplebobcat Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Hi Blueleopard, I don't believe you answered the question. Your customer asked what the percentages are. Additionally, for mystery boxes there are only horror stories. I've never seen one post in the forum, or spoken to anyone who was happy with the mystery box value. Please advise the % requested, I think we all want to know. Have an amazing day!!!
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    If you're smart enough to know that there are percentages and whether to spend or not on a freemium mobile game, I'm pretty sure you're smart enough to know that I--or anybody at Glu for that matter--won't be unveiling such numbers.

I just bought a whole bunch of sluggers and got the following:

So yeah, even for someone on the Glu team itself, I can't draw a 5 out of 10 tries.
    You are mean, I have a low IQ and my counselor helped me write the above. Why won't you give him the number. 
    So by not unveiling the numbers you are basically telling us the percentages are pretty shit and to not worry about wasting our money...
    edited December 2016
    Take it for what it is.  Scared money don't make money.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't make.
    Gotcha... well just wanting to put my experiences out there to deter other people from wasting their money 
    I'm not an idiot I realize the percentages are very low but I'm just wondering if they are actually 0%.  

I also think there is some coding scam going on that will identify people that spend money or already have good teams from not being able to draft or win certain things.  In order to get more spending.
    bstehl said:
    I'm not an idiot I realize the percentages are very low but I'm just wondering if they are actually 0%.  

I also think there is some coding scam going on that will identify people that spend money or already have good teams from not being able to draft or win certain things.  In order to get more spending. You are 100% right, they allude to it in their stockholders meeting

• ATownDownATownDown Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    It amazes me that some people expect everything to be so easy. If it was all easy, the game wouldn't be near as addicting. I've had a ton of bad luck in boxes/draft picks but then I've also had really hot streaks as well. There is no coding scam or any other scam against you. 
    Not sure I believe that... this game is definitely coded to change percentages as you get better... an example before I spent any money and had a poor team, I would get a 5 star player once every 25 draft picks or so.  As I got better and spent more money to try to get more draft picks I haven't gotten a 5 star in over 200 draft picks... I don't think that is just a coincidence.  I'm not expecting things to be easy and I feel like you are probably an employee of glu if you really don't think the mystery boxes, collections, etc. aren't very much skewed.  I would be surprised that the chances of actually getting a top player in a mystery box and not just the lowest player or cash is less than 1%.  They will put those out there as examples to get people to believe they have a reasonable chance to actually get a top player when in actuality the percentage is probably less than 1%.

I'm just trying to let people know before they spend and waste any actual money on any of these things with the expectation that you may actually get anything of value.  You may get something of value but only have spending an insane amount of money, example I opened over 50 mystery boxes in a row and never got anything higher than the lowest player available, that's not just a matter of bad luck.
    FYI, at my current level I get a 5 star player every 50 or so at the grandmaster level. I agree, if I progress I'm sure odds will get worse as I progress. FYI, what your saying is actually alluded to in the GLU quarterly report. It's how GLU monetizes players. 
  • slab0meatslab0meat Registered Users, Member 29 Posts
    Just to chime in...

I've gotten more 5-star pitches from earned #1 Draft Picks since the moment I didn't need them anymore.  It's uncanny.

As for the mystery boxes, I haven't bought many overall, but I tried a few this weekend, and got Fowler from the Cubs box, which was an upgrade for me, so I was happy.

• jbobjbob Registered Users, Member 11 Posts
    Hey, been speaking to some people. Legend boxes - under 2% chance of legend player. #1 pick, under 2%  chance of a 5 star. There are algos built in to make it less advantageous as you spend more/pick more. Good luck!!