Options

New Player Struggling

beyondhopebeyondhope Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
Hi All - about a month into this game and struggling to really improve my team.  Any advice?  Is the best strategy to buy sluggers and try and win gold in the HR Derby?  Not sure how else to get enough gold to make a difference given the low % on picks and boxes...

Appreciate your help!

Comments

• Options
    ATownDownATownDown Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    edited January 2017
    I'd say the most important thing is to find a good club. Winning events/attaining tier 6 will help you increase your gold stock faster than you'd think. 

Buy a few draft picks to improve but don't spend all your gold there - it's usually a ripoff. 

HR derby is a great way to make gold if you're good. Make sure that before you enter a specific derby that you have well enough gold to afford some losses. 

Do do not attempt to purchase any of the boxes until you have a lot of gold ... a lot. 

Do not level up your team - only level up when it auto promotes you. Focus on being able to attain/afford long win streaks in the sprint events and help your club get tier 6/win the event. 
  • Options
    This is really helpful, thank you.

The tier6/win the event thing seems impossible based on the points I see scored, but I guess I just need to get my team better to string together more wins.
  • Options
    BigJ41BigJ41 Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    Start a game with me. Medic4u. I'll help you out. 
  • Options
    NeverEverPanikNeverEverPanik Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Get gold.
  • Options
    So helpful
  • Options
    DEEZORIOLESDEEZORIOLES Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Cheat like everyone else does.