The "VIP" Treatment

ATownDownATownDown Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
Not sure how many people saw the email that was sent to "VIP" users of the game - but within it included the following paragraph: 

"We feel that it’s important to have a direct line to our users and fans so we can more quickly improve the game with lasting experiences, so with this in mind, we’re extending you a new in-game line of communication to our team. This will result in swifter customer service and no more automated responses! We’re in the early stages of rolling the feature out for testing in our games this off-season, so VIPs should expect this feature very soon."

As you can see, Glu acknowledges that their customer support is lackluster and that their "automated responses" are useless. However, in order to receive adequate customer support, one must be of "VIP" status. How do you attain that status? Spend a bunch of money on the game of course. 

So to conclude, there have been many users who have spent money on this game, only to be jailed/banned without a valid reason/proof. Those users receiver poor customer support - however the solution is to spend even more money (nobody knows how much exactly) in hopes of becoming a "VIP" so that someone will actually respond to questions/concerns you may have. 

Would love to hear Glu's rationale and justification for this. 

Comments

• Oakland RivercatsOakland Rivercats Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    edited December 2016
    This actually is a sound business strategy. The overall costumer support has issues.  A business, any business, that identifies a problem among their priority customer base and takes steps to ensure primary customers are taken care of in the most effeciate way, seems to be on a correct path to recovery.  

I've gotten actual help, and i've gotten silly answers.  I'd rate their customer service a 6.5 out of 10.  If i actually paid money i'd expect more.  I don't.  I watch videos for gold.  So 6.5 ain't bad. 

Ive never been jailed.  It doesnt sound like you have either.  So why are you personally upset about this? Think of the children!!!

I'm not embracing the full weight of your beef.  People who pay money to be treated like priority are getting treated like priority.  If i wanted better, i'd expect to pay more.

Also, for the record I am not affiliated with Glu in any way.  I'm just a player who doesnt agree with your opinion.

• DEEZORIOLESDEEZORIOLES Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    The only way you get jailed is when you blatently cheat. Cmon man. This is the age of technology via the internet and computers. You dont think GLU didnt find out you were cheating either with a jailbroke ios product or rooted samsung device. And then to come on here and bitch about it like youre just an innocent guy that got screwed is absurd. Get lost clown.
  • luv4allmusikluv4allmusik Registered Users, Member 82 Posts
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem like Glu has removed many hackers. Hackers that steal gold that the rest of us pay for. To me it's no different than shoplifting and Glu should go after them legally. I've sent info to Blue Leopard on many hackers, yet I still see their names consistently among the leaders. I think Blue does a good job as an admin, but Glu outsources so much that all Blue can do is pass the names along and hope for the best. To me there is an easy check system. The hacker teams have sig legends that have never been offered, and the only way to get them is to cycle through fan rewards 20-30 times each weekend (I was told this by a hacker I "befriended"). So either they're hacking or they're spending about $ 10K of real money each week to buy the necessary gold for that many fan reward cycles. So match the suspected hacker up with his gold purchases. If he doesn't buy tons of gold you know he's a hack. But since Glu outsources gold purchases they can't put together this type of cross check system and it's really frustrating to the majority of us who are honest players. 
  • ATownDownATownDown Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
    edited January 2017
    The only way you get jailed is when you blatently cheat. Cmon man. This is the age of technology via the internet and computers. You dont think GLU didnt find out you were cheating either with a jailbroke ios product or rooted samsung device. And then to come on here and bitch about it like youre just an innocent guy that got screwed is absurd. Get lost clown.
    Who are you talking about being jailed? Because if you're referencing me I think you need to look in the mirror before calling someone else a clown. 

Further, if you knew anything about the game - many people get jailed without ever cheating or hacking or whatever it's called. Do a little more research before name calling. 

Finally, this post was about the VIP status that some people have been awarded and how it's frustrating that they get real responses rather than the automated ones than non VIPs get. So thanks for your irrelevant comment. 
     Way to incriminate yourself even more clown. LOLOLOL!

• ATownDownATownDown Registered Users, Member 22 Posts
     Way to incriminate yourself even more clown. LOLOLOL!

Incriminate myself for what? Not being a team that is jailed? 
    And then you report me for abuse?! LOLOLOLOL!!! Guess the truth does hurt doesn't it?
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    Let's refrain from the random flamebait, guys.
    I had to Google "flame bait". Learn something new every day. lol!
  • mykemantlemykemantle Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Just glad to be a VIP. Had trouble with a previous team and lost it. Maybe if it happens again I'll have a better shot of getting it back.
  • FlrageFlrage Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    You don't have to blatantly cheat to be jailed Orioles.don't spend a dime on the game and get into a club that tier6s multiple clubs to get the free gold.save it up until you get to 100k in gold which if you are in a good club you can save that up in a couple weeks. Then come on here and talk to us about being jailed and cheating. Since you've never had a team jailed you probably don't know much about what will actually get you jailed in the game. so if you really want to talk about it go save up that 100k in gold winnings without buying it but actually getting into a good club and earning it and see how mad you will be when glu locks your team points from counting towards any club events. Or other wise known as jail.
  • BattiBatti Registered Users, Member 75 Posts
    flrage said:
    You don't have to blatantly cheat to be jailed Orioles.don't spend a dime on the game and get into a club that tier6s multiple clubs to get the free gold.save it up until you get to 100k in gold which if you are in a good club you can save that up in a couple weeks. Then come on here and talk to us about being jailed and cheating. Since you've never had a team jailed you probably don't know much about what will actually get you jailed in the game. so if you really want to talk about it go save up that 100k in gold winnings without buying it but actually getting into a good club and earning it and see how mad you will be when glu locks your team points from counting towards any club events. Or other wise known as jail.
    That is a true statement. If you have a team that joins a club and get tier 6 everyday plus normal gold rewards and reach 100K you will be put in jail even though you did nothing wrong but be part of a strong club. Glu logic right there?
  • BronxbarronsBronxbarrons Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    edited February 2017
    flrage said:
    ...save up that 100k in gold winnings without buying...
    I think I will sooner find the Holy Grail. :D
  • FlrageFlrage Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    You have to remember this is a business. Glu has auto jail mechanisms programmed into the game so they can control there losses. It would cost them a fortune to monitor each of the thousands of teams in this game. There not worried about whether you or me are thrilled with the way they handle the game because there going to make most there money from advertisers and as soon as any of us download the game it's positive for them whether the game experience is good or bad.honestly, do you really think the advertisers on here really care if u have a 5 star team or got jailed,I think not. all they care is the millions of people that download the game and have a chance to see there advertisement. Whether you get to 100k without cheating or not GLU will tell you that your team was auto detected for cheating. Spend 10 bucs and miraculously your no longer detected for auto cheating at 100k in gold. It's all about the benjamins lol.