Massive Jailing

Hall4RoseHall4Rose Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
edited March 2017 in Bug Reports
Appears to have been a massive jailing of teams on March 23. Some clubs have lost 90% of their teams. Reason for the mass jailing - not known at this time. Possible reasons:

(1) Canadian players were being used to identify glitches/anomalies in 2017 version.
(2) Too many EVO tokens.
(3) Hacking of gold.
(4) Hacking of points.
(5) Taking advantage of loyalty glitch.
(6) Not spending enough money.
(7) Progressing to tiers too quickly. 
(8) GLU accidentally jailed the teams.
(9) Your team was in a high performing club.

Being jailed may have been warranted but is GLU the only organization that actually bans a team without providing any definitive reason? If you don't tell players EXACTLY why they have been jailed then it will only occur over and over again. In this case, I honestly believe GLU will see a huge drop in the number of players from both Canada and the USA and that's a shame. Obviously you have a great product but the costs to excel at the game is prohibitive for 99% of the players. 

GLU, start over on the pricing. Instead of charging $100 US for 10k gold, charge $1 US. You will actually make a profit that way. Instead of trying to squeeze the $100 US from the 1% focus on the $1 from the 99%. A very simple business model that's been proven many times.

As far as the glitches inherent in your software, how dare you penalize ANYONE for taking advantage of your poorly implemented/tested software. 

To anyone that's been jailed, good luck. My diamond team will see you in the pokey.

BTW, if you've spent any money on your jailed team you need to demand a refund.

Comments

• RevampedRevamped Registered Users, Member 3 Posts
    .. did I miss the slugger glitch ? in a top 10 club and from what I can tell none of us are jailed
  • adrianjg1989adrianjg1989 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Is it possible to fix this. I play legit and my account got jailed
  • vodkacranvodkacran Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    I have a team that I did. Or even play yet and got jailed. So you can't say there is no problem with your software and what it's looking for. 
  • blueleopardblueleopard Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    damn I'm assuming y'all got caught doing that stadium shit to trick the values
    The Grand Master of the New Tap Sports Baseball Forums
    Join them today at http://www.tapsportsbaseballforums.com
  • CheeksCheeks Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    Well said Hall4Rose. Seems like their jailing system is still not capable of anything but penalizing customers for their own system errors and causes more problems than the cheaters create. If u can't create a system that works, it shouldnt be created at all. And if the jailing system cant differentiate between the two then it's a major problem. My team was jailed in 2016 for playing too fast. (Seriously!) I swear it's the only thing I could think of that I did different that day. My team was fine after I stopped playing, then I logged out and come back to a jailed team. Not even gonna go over what customer service said because you all know their useless responses. I promised myself not to play this game anymore but of course 2017 rolls out and I had to try. Thinking "maybe they got their shit together" I had the same (locking of team issue) but the recent update fixed this and have been fine so far. FYI They had no explanation for this before the update. Now granted, there are people that deserve to be locked up and it is still in testing mode so you can't really get too upset about the bugs until it officially launches. It's our own fault for trying to get ahead of the game. (U.S players) But even still, it doesn't look like any of this will be fixed or addressed by then. I do have to say Blue Leopard is the best thing that happened to this forum. At least he puts effort and attention to our isssues and responds in a timely manner. Unfortunately his direction and requests can only go so far. Anyway,  Good luck to all inmates! Word of advice, if your team is jailed, quit or make a new team. It's not worth the wait and hassle. You will get no where if Glu has no explanation for your situation.  If it is a widespread issue, you will get freed but again, could be weeks or even months. 
  • DeuceDeuce Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    edited March 2019
    Deleted.
  • Local150Local150 Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    Great point on the purchasing of gold if 10,000 gold was $1-2 I can guarantee 75% of the playing pool would purchase it mutiple times over the fact that kris byant in the beginning in fan rewards is $100.00 is pretty ridiculous let only evolving him and what not just my opinion 
  • DNess27DNess27 Registered Users, Member 12 Posts
    Sounds like jailings are still happening
    edited March 2019
    Deleted.
  • FlooterFlooter Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    edited March 2017
    Good point, no chance that's not just someone using the name blueleopard. Excellent detective work
    I'd be willing to be it's just someone using the name as a joke
    edited March 2019
    Deleted.
    You seriously think he's dumb enough to use his message board name as his in game team name.  
    Yup, must be him, if he were going to cheat the game he moderates for why wouldn't he use the same name? Seems like the only logical thing to do. 
    You'll never guess what just happened... I played a team named Mike Trout.. it has to be him right? Not posssible someone would use his name. If not the asking for autograph in game message I sent him might come off as a little weird.
    Damn I hope you get that autograph man.  
  • Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    I got jailed today when I moved up a level. all I did was play a bunch of bonus games during the bonus game event. go figure.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • ShotdownShotdown Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    edited March 2017
    That IS bluleopard he's the biggest hacker of them all 
  • Hall4RoseHall4Rose Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    As most of you are probably already aware, the jailings are continuing. There have been teams in my club that were at the bronze level and never hacked yet they were jailed. I suspect that the Canadians were used as test subjects and are now being discarded to ensure the Americans come into a level playing field. Obviously the American market is a much larger market but if my Canadian friends go, so will this Texan.

I've read through the Privacy and Terms in the Legal section and could not find anything that explicitly stated that the teams were only valid until the full 2017 release. Therefore, as a test subject, I must deem that my participation in this activity must be subjected to the same rights as any test subject. These rights include (1) knowledge of my activity being construed as a participant in a test and (2) compensation for my participation.

If this was indeed a test run and we were test subjects and we were never informed that we were being subjected to these conditions then our participation was perpetrated under the guise of deception. Now we're talking lawsuit.

GLU, you either pay us all for our participation in this ruse, settle out of court to all of us involved, or wait for the attorneys to get involved (believe it or not there are some pretty upset individuals that will go this far). Considering your stock price, you may need to seriously work on an amicable solution.

My recommendations are as follows:

(1) Change your pricing. Stop making two 5K derbies cost $100 US. Really?
    (2) Explain why someone is being jailed. Details. No more of this "jailed forever and cannot be changed" mentality.
    (3) Never make jailing permanent. Put a time limit on it. First jailing - 1 month. Second jailing - 2 months. Third jailing - 3 months. You get the idea.
    (4) Stop the "us versus you" mentality. This is not a war. We are not enemies. We want you to succeed but you must present an affordable and enjoyable product. You have no idea how it feels to build a team for 6 months only to have it taken away and the only answer from GLU is "tough".
    (5) Bring customer support back to America. I need to speak to someone that can at least display compassion/empathy/understanding. It's tough finding those traits in someone from a country that has no respect for their own populace much less any respect from a perceived foreigner (which most of us are to customer support).

Your product does not have any competition. Yet. Do you really want to make changes after a competitive product is released?

Guys and gals of all teams and clubs, please feel free to add to what I have begun. But please, be constructive. Remember, we play because we love the product. Without our help their stock will hit the penny market. So both us and GLU needs to learn to dance together. Otherwise, it's just someone doing the tango and someone else just standing there watching. Ain't gonna work.  
  • Local150Local150 Registered Users, Member 0 Posts
    I feel that this forum is pointless nothing ever changes!!  I have a team that's jailed (coreylags) that only silver and I've only collect club gold from winning and Derbys and it got jailed and like you said no explanation giving!   And yes the PRICING NEEDS TO CHANGE!!  
  • ShotdownShotdown Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Hall4Rose said:
    As most of you are probably already aware, the jailings are continuing. There have been teams in my club that were at the bronze level and never hacked yet they were jailed. I suspect that the Canadians were used as test subjects and are now being discarded to ensure the Americans come into a level playing field. Obviously the American market is a much larger market but if my Canadian friends go, so will this Texan.

I've read through the Privacy and Terms in the Legal section and could not find anything that explicitly stated that the teams were only valid until the full 2017 release. Therefore, as a test subject, I must deem that my participation in this activity must be subjected to the same rights as any test subject. These rights include (1) knowledge of my activity being construed as a participant in a test and (2) compensation for my participation.

If this was indeed a test run and we were test subjects and we were never informed that we were being subjected to these conditions then our participation was perpetrated under the guise of deception. Now we're talking lawsuit.

GLU, you either pay us all for our participation in this ruse, settle out of court to all of us involved, or wait for the attorneys to get involved (believe it or not there are some pretty upset individuals that will go this far). Considering your stock price, you may need to seriously work on an amicable solution.

My recommendations are as follows:

(1) Change your pricing. Stop making two 5K derbies cost $100 US. Really?
    (2) Explain why someone is being jailed. Details. No more of this "jailed forever and cannot be changed" mentality.
    (3) Never make jailing permanent. Put a time limit on it. First jailing - 1 month. Second jailing - 2 months. Third jailing - 3 months. You get the idea.
    (4) Stop the "us versus you" mentality. This is not a war. We are not enemies. We want you to succeed but you must present an affordable and enjoyable product. You have no idea how it feels to build a team for 6 months only to have it taken away and the only answer from GLU is "tough".
    (5) Bring customer support back to America. I need to speak to someone that can at least display compassion/empathy/understanding. It's tough finding those traits in someone from a country that has no respect for their own populace much less any respect from a perceived foreigner (which most of us are to customer support).

Your product does not have any competition. Yet. Do you really want to make changes after a competitive product is released?

Guys and gals of all teams and clubs, please feel free to add to what I have begun. But please, be constructive. Remember, we play because we love the product. Without our help their stock will hit the penny market. So both us and GLU needs to learn to dance together. Otherwise, it's just someone doing the tango and someone else just standing there watching. Ain't gonna work.  
    You've only posted this twice on this thread. Post it one more time I'm sure that's what they're waiting on 3 times is the charm 
  • Angels 1961Angels 1961 Registered Users, Member 206 Posts
    Angels61 said:
    I got jailed today when I moved up a level. all I did was play a bunch of bonus games during the bonus game event. go figure.
    Thanks to BlueLeopard for quickly resolving this for me !!!! If you have been jailed and were not cheating, it can be fixed.
    Trevor
    Angels61
    :cool:
  • HarrydHarryd Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    My team was jailed this week. And after chatting through the customer support for a few days they still will not tell me why. Just keep saying they can't tell me but they will not remove flag. How am I supposed to want to play with another team fearing the same fate will happen to it not knowing what I did wrong if anything?  I'm not a cheater if that's what they think and they can not prove in any way that I am. Good luck to everyone else who has been jailed for basically being part of program testing before full game release.
  • davesdemonsdavesdemons Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Second time Ive had a team jailed.  First one, I deserved, I had someone hack the team and they added all kinds of stuff I did not want or need and I paid the price for that.  Today however, I was jailed with a team that I have spent litterally $560 on in the last three months.  Finally got a few legends, three to be exact, along with three prime players from prizes over that same period.  Today, I moved my Catfish Hunter to ACE after having Rich Hill there for the last event.  as soon as he was placed at ace, Im jailed.  Glu, I want a refund of $560.00, or release my team immediatly!  I will be contacting a lawyer!

• davesdemonsdavesdemons Registered Users, Member 9 Posts
    Not to mention how many hours spent watching those videos and playing games that suck for the other gold that it took to get these players!