Options

Kudos ACES247, your post from earlier today hit the nail on the head

kingduckbutterkingduckbutter Registered Users, Member 2 Posts

Below is the post that ha so since been deleted by the mods:

Full disclosure - I'm jailed, with no parole.....and it's awesome.

I don't want to disparage how upset some users are with GLU, so by all means please keep losing it on them if that's your thing.

For the new user (i.e. not a Canadian test monkey like myself), this is what happened: 

1) The entire "beta" process was a disaster. The game was awful to start, and everyone that purchased endorsements had them wiped out. It took weeks to get those reinstated at lower levels than they should have been. The canned response was "we only have two customer service people working overseas, so we suck and we're sorry". Then they chopped the event rewards to slow people down. 

2) When they added the Club Loyalty mess, their lackluster programmers made a mistake. When hitting the Team Upgrade button, as one would often do to improve, once you ran out of the copious amount of cash or gold and got to the "You have Insufficient Funds" notice, they still awarded you the loyalty points as if the upgrade went through. Uh oh. Now Glu is embarrassed because they suck at Customer Service AND Programming, and that's pretty much a mobile app company. Naturally, they jail everyone and say they "cheated". The issue is: the button we hit was incorrectly programmed, so there was no cheating. If you hit "upgrade" and the team upgrades, that's called "intended use". They are embarrassed at how bad they are, and covering up as best they can. Own your issues.

So here we are.

I was an avid TSB addict in previous years. I spent a lot of real money. The first reaction is getting upset if you've put money in. TRUST ME, YOU CAN GET THAT MONEY BACK.

Now, I should say if you read your TSB Terms and Conditions, they say that they can limit you license for no reason. That leaves you with little to do when they say "we programmed poorly, and won't let you play anymore as a result"....BUT, Apple Store is awesome. Dig up your iTunes receipt in your email and hit "Report A Problem". I had by TV Endorsement fully refunded, and just got my Stadium endorsement refunded as iTunes credit. Glu can stop you from playing, but they can't keep your money.

For all you jailbirds, do the following:

1) Get all your money back

2) Leave awful reviews in the app store for both this game, and the other Glu apps (make it sure to put in another 1 start review each time the app versions change). It's turned into a fun a copy-and-paste game while I'm imprisoned. FYI - Glu bet heavily on the Kardashians, and they're suffering for it. Any money you pay into this game goes into the Kardashians' pockets. That's possibly why they can't afford a Customer Service team, or talented programmers (maybe it's because they paid their former CEO $8.6Million two years ago).

3) Delete TSB and download a better game. I've been pushed to MLB 9Innings17 (which is awesome), but I'm also looking forward to MLB Perfect Inning Live. These apps actually work. It's a new experience for this old TSB user.

Quick suggestions for Glu and TSB:

- You lost $87.5Million as a company in 2016. Yikes. I see why the theme of 2017 has to be "cash grab". However your projected revenue is looking worse for 2017. Chances are this the last TSB version. Lighten up the monetization push, and go for more frequent and smaller spends (this has been mentioned several times, so I'm sure you'll ignore it). Not counting your player upgrades, it's over 600K in gold just to do your team upgrades from 85% and up. Serious?

- The worst part of your company is app reliability and customer service (sorry Blue, you're not the best). If I were wondering why things were falling apart I might be prone to look at whether there was one VP in charge of both IT and Customer Care. If there was one guy doing a terrible job at both, I'd likely send him back to selling server racks (sorry Dominic, you're not the best either).

- How did you mess up Fan Rewards? I literally only ever spent real money when Fan Rewards kicked in on a Friday. Instead they did a lame version the first weekend you sign up, and that's it! I asked their stellar Customer Service about it, and poor Asim said that the Fan Rewards were sporadic and tied to team progression. Well, having upgraded to Diamond - I never saw any Fan Rewards. Other members of my Club saw several. The only difference was that I had enough gold to buy them (so they didn't show up for me), but the others that didn't have enough gold had them pop up to bait a spend.  

On a positive note - the graphics did look great. Despite my griping Glu hasn't done anything "wrong", they just do everything poorly.

Now back to MLB 9Innings17. I love that you can choose one touch hitting or pitching or both. What an app!

Comments

• Options
    HarrydHarryd Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    I saw this earlier and noticed it had been deleted. Excellent read, thank you 
  • Options
    deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    Yeah very disappointed in TSP 17 - just awful.  Even more pay to win than before.  MLB 9 Innings 17 is 10x better and a LOT more fun by far!!
  • Options
    Hall4RoseHall4Rose Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    <span>Very well put</span>&nbsp;ACES247!  Would really like to find another MLB game that supports clubs.

• Options
    deerhunter716deerhunter716 Registered Users, Member 155 Posts
    I am enjoying "other" baseball games MUCH more - I see the forums are dead this year compared to last year...  Glu get a clue and stop being so greedy and put out a quality product.
  • Options
    OakGroveRcktsOakGroveRckts Registered Users, Member 71 Posts
    I agree. I was an avid player of TSB16 and spent a lot of real money. I WILL NOT be spending any money on TSB17. This game sucks
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    I appreciate the suggestions and the criticism.  When it comes to making the game better, that's what the forum is here for aside from straight up discussion.

If you don't like the game, as a former game critic, I'm completely fine with that, and I'll actually listen to suggestions when they're actually subjective rather than the whole "Blue and Glu sucks" kind of stuff -- that's what I'm not bothering with.

All I have to say is this -- the game is constantly changing.  TSB16 didn't launch with all the bells and whistles of Club play and Home Run Battles right out the gate.  This stuff came out as the weeks went on.  The reason why we come up with the modes we have is because they've been our most popular requests.  

In regards to the Fan Rewards changing, it did and it didn't.  Once you've accomplished certain things within the game, you have Personal Fan Rewards to look forward to.  We finally launched actual weekend Fan Rewards a couple weeks ago, because that's when the season actually started.  Those of you who played TSB16 know that we have a better version of Fan Rewards coming up later in the year.

What I'm saying is you can't come out with all the bells and whistles right away.  It gets complicated for new players, and we always have to cater to them at launch.

Fans of 16 longed for the ability to play as their favorite MLB franchise.  That's now an option.  The game looks more realistic; that was obviously coming.  People wanted to have a way to make their players better without having to buy completely new players.  Now you have both those options.

Did the game come out a little buggy?  Yes, most games do.  That's why we have a beta -- to work the kinks out.  Unfortunately unprecedented traffic numbers (we were the #1 app on iOS for a week with limited marketing, which has never happened, and of course we have all of you to thank for that, so thank you!) caused the actual launch at the end of March to have some problems with responsiveness--which we've fixed for the most part.  Version 1.0.2 is thankfully much faster than 1.0.1 especially with Prime Events, so again, we're working on it.

If you've stayed, cool.  We'll continue to make the game better just like we did with 2016.  If you left, cool.  We'll continue to make the game better like we did with 2016.

That's all I'll say about that.
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts

Blue, the game is crazy addicting.  The graphics are much, much better.  The club loyalty piece is a great addition, as are the club leveling rewards (although I'm still not getting rewards as my club levels up, but that seems to be an isolated issue).  I'm sure we all have a bunch of nits, and wish the game wasn't so expensive to play (especially when trying to compete with people buying "free gold" from various internet sources, or otherwise hacking the game).  But there are other spots on these boards where folks detail those concerns, so I won't do that again here. 

Do you have any sense of when the "better" fan rewards will be available? I ask because that will have a big effect on how I time my progression in the game. 

• Options
    KiLLaKeiTHKiLLaKeiTH Registered Users, Member 31 Posts
    Hey, i'm a new user and i can say that i honestly enjoy the game.  I didnt get the chance to see the previous versions but i've been a gamer for well over a decade.  The game is addicting, its obvious that making money is a part of the game but its a business so i get it.  as long as the ads dont get overwhelming i'm good with it.  just went from bronze to silver in a week and got some friends added.  I wish it was a little easier to get people to join my club but thats not a big deal.  some times when playing from my phone the pitches have some lag and it causes me to get an easy strike but maybe thats my connection to the internet.  All in all, i really like how many things you can do on the app.  Homerun derby, regular games, tournaments, playoffs, vs mode verse friends or randoms and the leveling up is awesome.  Seems a little expensive at times though.  All in all i'm enjoying it.  Great job to you Blue and your crew.  I will be posting other recommendations, comments or concerns as i find them.  Thanks. 
    Keith 
  • Options
    StrikeTEAMStrikeTEAM Registered Users, Member 33 Posts
    I remember when I felt like this guy. Oh the good old days of just tap sports baseball, no gimmicks, no clubs no BS. It's good to see new players enjoying the game. Seems a little expensive at times though........ Lol this part had me in stitches. Gold Mystery​ box=1100 price of gold 10k= $100 
  • Options
    hannydaddyrtrhannydaddyrtr Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    As a fairly new player myself, I DO enjoy the game. I was introduced about 3 weeks or so ago and it's really all I play these days. That said, may I just throw this out there? The regular tournaments that for me now cost 8,000 aren't worth it at all. The little box you get if you win all 4 games just gives up around 1,500. So why bother playing them anymore if you loose resources regardless. I HAVE spent quite a bit of money so far. Well, more than i have on any other game simply because i enjoy it. The game, not spending. But I wish you guys would moderate the prices or make the stuff we get better, or go further. I love the graphics and gameplay. I don't call games addictive, but this one just about is. Keep it up! Please think about my lil suggestions. I'm sure they've been brought up before, just wanted to put my 2 cents in. Thanks!!
  • Options
    dfisherdfisher Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    A little elaboration as to why bonus games are always lost would be appreciated. Today alone I did about 50 and won 5??? Takes the fun out of it especially when reward is garbage
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Easy answer, to give you the illusion that if you spend money and level up it will improve.  Remember it's an illusion!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    whynot said:
    Easy answer, to give you the illusion that if you spend money and level up it will improve.  Remember it's an illusion!

Sadly this is true.  For about a week when I got platinum I thought I had found a level where I could consistently win.  But now all my matchups are essentially unwinnable...leaving me with the option of spending more money to move up to Diamond, or quit.

I could justify moving up to Gold because the cost was not prohibitive.  But the cost to get to Platinum is really high (my 5 stars are stuck at Gold because I don't have enough EVO), and there is no way I'll have the gold/cash/EVO to go to Diamond.  I'm stuck in a losing cycle I can't afford to get out of.  I figure my addiction will keep me playing for a few weeks while I spend my last bit of gold, and then I'm done.